• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 6th: XY&Z044 - We Start at Zero! Clemont's Decision!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Hope you guys don't feel bored about waiting 2 more weeks for this episode to air. We should expect a summary and voice cast and 2nd preview next week.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's so frustrating that we have a 3 weeks break. It's like the writers want the XY series to end already.

Janovy

Banned
It's so frustrating that we have a 3 weeks break. It's like the writers want the XY series to end already.
What?

More like they're stalling and giving us breaks so XY can lost longer lol.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
What?

XY(Z) is due to end in November either way. The least the writers could do is to give us more episodes, but they decided to pull a LONG LONG break instead.

"Prays for Mega Evolution Act 5"

Yo not da only one man *prays intensely*

Bring on Daigo-san vs Alan & Daigo-san mopping the floor with him + Alan, Manon and Daigo-san go to Hoenn for training & mentoring

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I find it sad Mairin only ever had one redeeming moment and kept suffering the rest of the time.

I don't think she could've done much since she only had a Lv 5 Fla chan and her only purpose in that arc is for the Hidden Protagonist to return her comatose Pokémon and make her smile.

Literally her whole existence is to be a strange Morality Pet to Alain. She's literally a downgraded Serena without a goal.

Which is why I wish we had Alan & Manon take the role as new protagonists: so we could see Manon develop as both a character and trainer.

noakai

Which is why I wish we had Alan & Manon take the role as new protagonists: so we could see Manon develop as both a character and trainer.

More Mega Evolution specials please! (I'm actually not kidding, I did enjoy them, and I would love more especially if they had Steven in them.)

satopi

Literally her whole existence is to be a strange Morality Pet to Alain. She's literally a downgraded Serena without a goal.

She was just a little girl who kept following him (and mind you, she's a rookie who had only one battle). She was never a moral compass to him and I don't see how she's a "pet" to Alan. He was her traveling companion who was going to help her Mega Evolve and get stronger. She got involved in his affairs and did more than anyone else has ever done on their own. She's nothing like Serena. Had Hari san not have been put into a comatose state, she probably wouldn't of stayed close to Lysandre and would've kept a distance from Alan but would've kept stalking him. She doesn't let little things get to her nor let anyone stop her from doing what she wants to do. Alan's original intention to help Lysandre didn't change to her until he saw her crying over Hari san. All Alan cared about was getting stronger and not having Manon around as a liability.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
She was never a moral compass to him and I don't see how she's a "pet" to Alan.

I never meant a pet. That's the trope's term: Morality Pet.

A character who's introduced to an otherwise villainous or anti-social character in order to bring out the good traits in them to eventually turn them into worthy protagonists.

Prime example: Despicable Me. (But even then, the "pets" there had established backstories and personalities so that wasn't their only role).

More Mega Evolution specials please! (I'm actually not kidding, I did enjoy them, and I would love more especially if they had Steven in them.)

Mega evolution special/new mini-series ft. Alan, Manon and Daigo-san?

GIMMEH

Get on it anime writers. Another mini-series based in Hoenn, like a month or so in advance from XYZ (and maybe Alan loss to Daigo, giving Alan motive to go to Hoenn). Alan has grown strong enough to try and defeat Zumi again. Manon finally has a full team of Hari-san (now a chesnaught), florges (first catch), Swampert (Meyer has Bkaziken, Shota had sceptile, it just seems relevant), plusle (Manon seems like she'd love cute things like Plusle, also she's very positive like Plusle), mightyena (starts off as a cute dog which I think she'd like) and Delcatty (Skitty would be perfect for Manon), and is taking on the Hoenn league (with Wallace as champion). Daigo-san has yet again temporarily retired as champion, in order to mentor Alan (which would show the people who only watch the anime why Steven is now the champion and not Wallace). We need it like this:
Part 1: Alan being mentored by Daigo-san, followed by vs Zumi, in which Alan finally wins
Part 2: Manon takes on E4, is about to try and defeat Wallace
Part 3: Manon finishes taking on Wallace, we also find out why Manon took on Wallace and not Daigo-san
Part 4: Manon vs Alan, Manon wins, they settle in mossdeep, happy ever after

Name: Return to Hoenn! Alan, Manon, Daigo! Known as Return to Hoenn special

It's unlikely, but I can speculate...

Last edited:

satopi

I never meant a pet. That's the trope's term: Morality Pet.

A character who's introduced to an otherwise villainous or anti-social character in order to bring out the good traits in them to eventually turn them into worthy protagonists.

Prime example: Despicable Me. (But even then, the "pets" there had established backstories and personalities so that wasn't their only role).

Ah I see. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with tropes. I think Manon shows the good and bad sides of Alan. Like this whole arc was for her and Alan was selfish for caring for no one but her (and his Lizardon). Also it showcases how naïve he is and weird his thinking says about him. I guess they haven't had the friendliest of interactions before the Team Flare arc aside from telling her to stay put/out of danger.

Last edited:

Knuckle Bine

I love what you wrote, please make it come true. It would be nice if Alain and Mairin get a couple of episodes after they leave in which we can see them on a journey. They are great characters and have good chemistry, I hope the writers take advantage of them one last time. Oh a man can dream.

satopi

Maybe with Nerdy McNerdFace's timeline, Manon would've shown to age and she's less dependent on Alan but still sticks by his side of course. That was a satisfying ending to their stories. Oh, what a dream that would be. :D

Navin

MALDREAD
What?

It makes it even more frustrating when there could have easily been an extra episode or two to flesh out the Kalos League with a couple more battles and maybe even some continuity cameos. After all, they did apparently have time for it with these breaks.

marrycherrylips

clement really hasnt been trated any better than brock when you come to think of it. of the 3 male gym leaders that traveled with ash cilan probably got the most attention which really sucks because he was the worst and most annoying of the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.