• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 13th: SM143 - Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I do kinda think no one actually cares if it evolves or not by now. If it's evolving, eh, fine. If it isn't, fine too.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
All I know is, if Torrecat does evolve, I better not hear people say they called it... you all have been "calling it" since way back starting at SM081.
I mean the very first leak of Incineroar literally showed Ash with it
Calling him not evolving is more surprising than he evolving

mobius34

May’s Blaziken evolved in her second to last episode. It’s not unheard of for a starter to evolve this late

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I mean the very first leak of Incineroar literally showed Ash with it
Calling him not evolving is more surprising than he evolving
That was nice of the GameFreak staff to show they knew Ash's character existed. But that itself had no indication of the Anime.

May’s Blaziken evolved in her second to last episode. It’s not unheard of for a starter to evolve this late
Name Ash's last Pokemon to evolve this late not named Pidgeot, which was some odd 20 years ago anyway

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That was nice of the GameFreak staff to show they knew Ash's character existed. But that itself had no indication of the Anime.

Name Ash's last Pokemon to evolve this late not named Pidgeot, which was some odd 20 years ago anyway
Quilava, Naganadel, Melmetal

04n70n10

Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

The point is, conclusion of the WHOLE match, or conclusion "ONLY" for this fire cat rivalry? It would be a bit anticlimatic to end a match and go for a Tapu Pika duel immediately. Expecially after a Pikachu KO'ed by someone else.
This is an special/exibition match after all.... rules may be more "elastic"... and for example if this is a problem (to have a "fair" duel) tapu koko/bulu/ect can heal pikachu in case even if the fight is still going on.

Until we don't know if there is another pokémon (the 6th) that belongs to Kukui, the door is open.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
What on earth are you referring to here? It evolving to put up a fight would make sense. Torracat was heavily outmatched and I cannot see it winning without a DEM if it stays as is
And who’s to say that Torracat will win. I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t and still didn’t win if it evolves. Torracat is already giving it a fight, I’d rather see Torracat doing some sort of damage and beating the odds of it not evolving by showing that it can still be a threat without the unnecessary need to evolve. I wouldn’t mind if Torracat didn’t win and showed that it still has someone to catch up to. It’s not like Alan where no matter how hard Ash Greninja trained and perfected itself that it could never beat Mega Charizard X.

ShadowForce720

Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

The point is, conclusion of the WHOLE match, or conclusion "ONLY" for this fire cat rivalry? It would be a bit anticlimatic to end a match and go for a Tapu Pika duel immediately. Expecially after a Pikachu KO'ed by someone else.
This is an special/exibition match after all.... rules may be more "elastic"... and for example if this is a problem (to have a "fair" duel) tapu koko/bulu/ect can heal pikachu in case even if the fight is still going on.

Until we don't know if there is another pokémon (the 6th) that belongs to Kukui, the door is open.

Actually at this point it's safe to say that the Pikachu vs Tapu Koko is a separate match considering the summary says this battle comes down to Torracat vs Incineroar, which heavily implies that it is the final match in the full battle. So at this point Kukui's 6th pokemon is something else that likely isn't stronger then Incineroar and is not Tapu Koko. Now they could easily have it be the case where the battle between Pikachu and Tapu Koko happens then next day after the full battle to give Pikachu some time to rest.

desdar300

It'd be pretty sad for Torracat not win after Lycaroc took out his rival.
That would turn the cat into a Shaggy Dog story

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I know I may have said that I would like to see Ash lose, I think that'll likely not be the case. Heck I think a draw is the least likely scenario.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The preview for next ep confirms Pikachu will be using a Z-Move.

Hopefully, it's because Tapu Koko restored Ash's Z-Power so Torracat can use his here. I assume it'll be powered up from the Blast Burn he absorbed.

dman_dustin

That’ll be stupid and overly done if Torracat evolves and wins against Incineroar. You really think he’ll win after the last time he evolved? Torracat doesn’t have to evolve in order to beat Incineroar and it’ll lose all hype if the #1 DEM occurs here again. If Torracat was going to evolve, we could’ve at least gotten it’s Z Crystal. I think he’ll use a Z Move to counter against Incineroar.

You're ignoring the narrative, which is why I call B.S. on anyone who would call it DEM (especially with the countless in-battle evolutions we've had to deal with, people calling them DEM, is exhausting as hell to have to listen to).

In their first battle, Litten evolved in response to a great battle with Incineroar, because it was a heated battle and Litten really didn't want to lose like the first time.

This should be exactly the same except maybe with Ash's Incineroar coming out on top. Because Incineroar absorbing blast burn and succeeding would make sense for the narrative.

And why is the criticism B.S. How many people just think Goku or someone getting a power up, is just part of the series they are in. Why are those powerups acceptable and not considered DEM, but god forbid a mid battle evolution be treated the same way. Why is Pokemon being held to a higher standard? Sure people were getting tired of Goku getting another power up, but being tired of another power up is different than outright calling it DEM.

The preview for next ep confirms Pikachu will be using a Z-Move.

Hopefully, it's because Tapu Koko restored Ash's Z-Power so Torracat can use his here. I assume it'll be powered up from the Blast Burn he absorbed.

What preview, because the one that came with the previous episode the standard preview for the next episode, didn't show us any Z-move action.

Status
Not open for further replies.