• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 13th: SM143 - Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love watching people act like they’re working on the show and know what’s going to happen.

This has the potential to be my favorite episode in this saga tying with Litten’s capture episode. Regardless of it Torracat evolves, I’ll still enjoy it.

andrewscott48209

You're ignoring the narrative, which is why I call B.S. on anyone who would call it DEM (especially with the countless in-battle evolutions we've had to deal with, people calling them DEM, is exhausting as hell to have to listen to).

In their first battle, Litten evolved in response to a great battle with Incineroar, because it was a heated battle and Litten really didn't want to lose like the first time.

This should be exactly the same except maybe with Ash's Incineroar coming out on top. Because Incineroar absorbing blast burn and succeeding would make sense for the narrative.

And why is the criticism B.S. How many people just think Goku or someone getting a power up, is just part of the series they are in. Why are those powerups acceptable and not considered DEM, but god forbid a mid battle evolution be treated the same way. Why is Pokemon being held to a higher standard? Sure people were getting tired of Goku getting another power up, but being tired of another power up is different than outright calling it DEM.

What preview, because the one that came with the previous episode the standard preview for the next episode, didn't show us any Z-move action.
I think lolipiece means the summary for the episode after this.

dman_dustin

I think lolipiece means the summary for the episode after this.

Right, I misread Lolipiece's comment, I didn't read the whole Torracat using a Z-move even though I quoted (which I hate that I had tunnel vision for that part of the comment); well now that I think about it, I wrongly assumed it was a counter to Torracat using a Z-move but I was wrong regardless

I thought Lolipiece meant an actual preview, because I was lost about it because if Pikachu had been shown to use a Z-move, I thought people would've been bringing that up in regards to Torracat using a Z-move.

So never mind my comment. I understand now.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Deus ex machina, aka an out of nowhere boost
Excuse me, but that is not what it stands for on here. On here, it stands for "Didn't Enjoy Much".

--------------------------

At least I'll get to enjoy this 3-parter, and people who hate SM will finally understand how I feel about the DP battle.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I believe that Kukui's 6th Pokemon is defeated in the previous episode. I highly doubt that it is indeed Tapu Koko because the battle with it in the next episode appears to be separate.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I believe that Kukui's 6th Pokemon is defeated in the previous episode. I highly doubt that it is indeed Tapu Koko because the battle with it in the next episode appears to be separate.

from what I've seen from the summaries it seems that there are two possibilities we're looking at.

1. we get a tie from the full battle (with Torracat and Incineroar taking each other down) they decide on a tie breaker, but Tapu Koko wants to fight Pikachu, thus acting as Kakui's pokemon, while Pikachu is healed.

2. Same as above with the cat's, but Ash still has Pikachu, and before Kakui can reveal his last pokemon, Tapu Koko gets involved taking it's place.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
from what I've seen from the summaries it seems that there are two possibilities we're looking at.

1. we get a tie from the full battle (with Torracat and Incineroar taking each other down) they decide on a tie breaker, but Tapu Koko wants to fight Pikachu, thus acting as Kakui's pokemon, while Pikachu is healed.

2. Same as above with the cat's, but Ash still has Pikachu, and before Kakui can reveal his last pokemon, Tapu Koko gets involved taking it's place.
The first one would mean that Kukui is essentially using 7 Pokemon, while the second is illogical because the summary implies that Torracat and Incineroar are the last remaining Pokemon from both teams.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I’m guessing Satoshi perfects “Blast Nyaheat” this episode which either triggers an evolution, fundamental power up or helps fuel the Fire-Z and wins the fight. I’m much glad they’re saving Gaogaen for the end against Nyaheat, it feels better thematically and it allows the fire feline to get his moment in the sun.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering that Rowlet and Lycanroc both defeated their rivals, I think that Torracat will as well and that Ash will defeat Kukui.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The first one would mean that Kukui is essentially using 7 Pokemon, while the second is illogical because the summary implies that Torracat and Incineroar are the last remaining Pokemon from both teams.

- if Pikachu is healed to battling condition than it doesn't matter if Kakui is using Tapu-Koko since it would be for the sake of breaking the potential tie from the full battle, and we all know given Ash and Pikachu's past history with Tapu Koko he'd accept it.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

Agoyon and Lucario clash. And after that, the direction the match will take depends on the outcome of the showdown between Nyaheat and Gaogaen. Nyaheat has yet to win against Gaogaen even once; will it be able to do so this time?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This makes it even more clear that all the Pokemon are knocked out except Torracat and Incineroar.

Status
Not open for further replies.