• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 13th: SM143 - Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this current summaries and from the next episode's preview my guess for the total battle will be:

Next week's episode (142):
- Braviary vs. Lycanroc (double KO)
- Venusaur vs. Rowlet (Venusaur wins)
- Venusaur vs. Torracat (Torracat wins and is recalled)
- Empoleon vs. Pikachu (Pikachu wins and is recalled)
- Incineroar vs. Melmetal (Incineroar wins and is recalled)

This episode (143):
- Sixth pokemon vs. Pikachu (Sixth pokemon wins)
- Sixth pokemon vs. Naganadel (Naganadel wins)
- Lucario vs. Naganadel (double KO)
- Incineroar vs. Torracat

From this episode's summary and the Tapu Koko episode's summary, I think my guess now for the match is that maybe a Greninja situation will happen and Torracat ends up not winning against Incineroar. But then Tapu Koko is inspired by the match and afterward has Kukui use it to battle Ash's Pikachu with Pikachu winning.

It would be ideal if Torracat beat its rival but then again, Greninja never beat Mega Charizard X and like how Greninja at least still got a win with Bisharp, maybe they're gonna at least give Torracat a win against Venusaur? It can also always tie, it's not like this match has to have a winner since it's an exhibition match. As for Naganadel, I still hope to see it take a win. If it can beat Kukui's mystery pokemon and then double KO with Lucario, I'd be really happy with that.

Red and Blue

I'm not expecting Melmetal to get a victory at this point. What a shame.

Hopefully Nagandel at least ties with Lucario

diakyu

"the direction the match will take depends on the outcome of the showdown between Nyaheat and Gaogaen"

if this is the last match then the wording of this is a little strange no? Maybe I'm just missing something but this makes it seems like the battle continues into the next.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Naganadel has no feats or even experiene, so how is it going down to a pokemon owned by strong trainer a big deal. Just becuse it is ultra beast doesn't automatically mean it is OP people should remember goodra as well, it was hype as much during XY series but became a fodder during the league.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Since the magazine said to look out for Naganadel, I'm expecting it to beat Lucario and then lose to Incineroar. (I would honestly love for it to job to Lucario since Naganadel is undeserved).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Since the magazine said to look out for Naganadel, I'm expecting it to beat Lucario and then lose to Incineroar. (I would honestly love for it to job to Lucario since Naganadel is undeserved).
Then again, Lucario got 1shot by Guzzlord, so at least we know he's not really that strong

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Then again, Lucario got 1shot by Guzzlord, so at least we know he's not really that strong
Guzzlord was giving Bewear trouble though. Granted, Bewear had to be careful due to Stufful, but still.

nuzamaki90

This makes it even more clear that all the Pokemon are knocked out except Torracat and Incineroar.
“The direction the match will take” Sounds more like to me that both sides have two Pokémon left so whoever wins the Incineroar VS Torracat clash will have an advantage. Just think about it, we’ve only seen and know Pikachu battles Empoleon, which it more than likely wins and is then presumably recalled. And at this point we have yet to get a single hint at Kukui’s 6th Pokemon. It really seems like Tapu Koko comes in as the 6th Pokemon and the last fight is of course, Pikachu VS Tapu Koko.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Satoshi and Professor Kukui's battle has come down to Nyaheat VS Gaogaen. Can Nyaheat win against Gaogaen?!

---------

Agoyon and Lucario clash. And after that, the direction the match will take depends on the outcome of the showdown between Nyaheat and Gaogaen. Nyaheat has yet to win against Gaogaen even once; will it be able to do so this time?
These two blurbs are weirdly contradictory. The first implies that Torracat and Incineroar are the last two standing, while the second implies their showdown only impacts the direction of the match in Kukui's or Ash's favor.

----------------------------

I'd laugh if Kukui sent out a Galarian Pokemon because it would instantly negate the reboot theory.

04n70n10

Nothing is certain, I agree, ok.... but really I dont know why many people refuse to consider for a moment a simpler hypotesis: Tapu koko is the last Pokémon (the 6th) of Kukui. So the decisive match will be Tapu-Pika. End.

04n70n10

These two blurbs are weirdly contradictory. The first implies that Torracat and Incineroar are the last two standing, while the second implies their showdown only impacts the direction of the match in Kukui's or Ash's favor.

----------------------------

I'd laugh if Kukui sent out a Galarian Pokemon because it would instantly negate the reboot theory.

Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

The point is, conclusion of the WHOLE match, or conclusion "ONLY" for this fire cat rivalry? It would be a bit anticlimatic to end a match and go for a Tapu Pika duel immediately. Expecially after a Pikachu KO'ed by someone else.
This is an special/exibition match after all.... rules may be more "elastic"... and for example if this is a problem (to have a "fair" duel) tapu koko/bulu/ect can heal pikachu in case even if the fight is still going on.

Until we don't know if there is another pokémon (the 6th) that belongs to Kukui, the door is open.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

In hindsight the "come down to" wording probably wasn't the best. It's not so much that the summaries are contradictory as it is that they're very vague on whether this IS the final two standing in the match or not.

For the record, that "the direction the match will take" bit is "shobu no yukue", which is that phrase that pops up in summaries all the time in the form of a question that generally gets translated as "how will this match go?" You saw it in SM135's summary ("the fully powered battle begins! Kaki uses Fire Pokémon to battle with burning passion, while Gladio has calmly and cooly mastered a variety of Pokémon. How will this battle go?!") and in SM115's ("Pikachu struggles greatly against the super powerful Guzma's Gusokumusha... how will this battle end?") - it's translated a bit differently there, but it's the same phrase. As you can see, it's mostly just used as a generic "what's going to happen?!" line, so don't focus too much on it.

(I'd also like to point out that the magazine the first summary came from (First Grader Magazine, I believe) has provided misinformation in the past since their writers seem to be given a detailed summary they then rewrite on a young children's level, alongside some screenshots they need to guess the context of when attaching blurbs)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Since Lucario is part Steel looks like we won't get to see Nagandel use any cool Poison type moves like Sludge Bomb or Poison Jab.

Guess it's stuck with Thunderbolt, Fury Attack, and Dragon Pulse

ShadowForce720

Since Lucario is part Steel looks like we won't get to see Nagandel use any cool Poison type moves like Sludge Bomb or Poison Jab.

To be fair all we really know when it comes to Naganadel in the battle is that it will be fighting Lucario here, so it's possible that Naganadel could have face and defeated a different pokemon before facing Lucario, will just have to wait and see.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

The fact that the scans told us to keep an eye on Naganadel should show it’s doing more than fighting Lucario

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The fact that the scans told us to keep an eye on Naganadel should show it’s doing more than fighting Lucario

I wouldn't trust scans tht much, maybe it is just hyping naganadel in terms of how much he has progressed after evolving.

If the final match up is Incineroar vs. Torracat, then it's possible to see Kukui's sixth pokemon go up against Naganadel and it can use a poison move on it while Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt, and I guess Fury Attack can be used on Lucario. That's my hope anyway.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokémon Fan is out:

njruxuH.jpg

SATOSHI HAS WON THE ALOLA POKÉMON LEAGUE!!
You did it, Satoshi! After making his way to the finals of the Alola Pokémon League, he fought Gladio. Winning that super intense battle resulted in the name "Satoshi from Masara Town" to be forever engraved in the history of Alola!

His first league win after so many years!!

The Pokémon he used were these 5!
Pikachu
Nyaheat
Mokuroh
Lugarugan (Dusk Form)
Melmetal

He stands on the top for the first time after seizing his fully poweredstrength in all the matches!!
Various friends Satoshi had encountered before entered were participating in the tournament as well. One of them was Gladio, an extraordinarily skilled Trainer he ultimately faced in the finals. Satoshi achieved his first ever league victory in this fully powered battle he put everything he had learned in Alola into!

Satoshi and Gladio fought a good battle.Their two Lugarugan were on fire as well!

A DIGEST OF ALL OF SATOSHI'S MATCHES IN THE ALOLA POKÉMON LEAGUE!
Round 1:

O Satoshi - X Sauboh
Meltan - Sleeper
Meltan loves eating metal, and ended up biting into Sleeper's coing and melting it completely! Meltan then took the opportunity while the opponent was in a state of shock to finish it off with Flash Cannon for the win.
Round 2:
O Satoshi - X Hau
Mokuroh - Junaiper
It looked like Mokuroh got defeated after taking Junaiper's Sky Attack. However, it turnedout to just be sleeping, so the match continued. Mokuroh then snatched a comeback victory with Brave Bird.
Semifinals:
O Satoshi - X Guzma
Nyaheat - Hassam
Pikachu - Gusokumusha
Nyaheat defeated Hassam, but then got beaten by Gusokumusha, leaving the score at 1-1. Pikachu then somehow managed to land the win using, among other things, the Z-Move Sparking Gigavolt.
Finals:
O Satoshi - X Gladio
Melmetal - Silvady
Pikachu - Zoroark
Lugarugan (Dusk Form) - Lugarugan (Midnight Form)
Pikachu won against Silvady, which had defeated Melmetal. Its fight against Zoroark then ended in a draw, and the match ended with a fight between two Luraugan. Satoshi won a dramatic victory by managing to Counter the Counter!

A SUMMARY OF THE RESULTS OF ALL SATOSHI'S PRIOR POKÉMON LEAGUES:
Satoshi has kept challenging Pokémon Leagues in various regions. Here is a presentation of the results and the Pokémon that fought alongside him in them.
Sekiei Tournament:
Top 16
Pokémon: Pikachu, Zenigame, Lizardon
Jouto League:
Top 8
Pokémon: Kentauros, Heracros, Betbeton, Bayleaf, Kabigon, Lizardon
Houen League:
Top 8
Pokémon: Onigohri, Cotoise, Heigani, Ohsubame, Juptile, Pikachu
Sinnoh League:
Top 4
Pokémon: Pikachu, Goukazaru, Mukuhawk, Buoysel, Dodaitose, Glion
Isshu League:
Top 8
Pokémon: Gantle, Mijumaru, Chaoboo, Pikachu, Kenhallow (female), Tsutarja
Kalos League:
Runner-up
Pokémon: Pikachu, Onvern, Luchabull, Fiarrow, Numelgon, Gekkouga

3ix1gVX.jpg

SINCE SATOSHI WON THE LEAGUE HE GOT TO BATTLE ROYAL MASK
or at least that was what was supposed to happen, but...?!

Since Satoshi won the League, he got to have a battle against Royal Mask as a special treat! Satoshi greatly admires Royal Mask, and now he finally gets to have an all-out battle with him... or so he thought?!

Satoshi was given the victory trophy by Royal Mask. His identity has always been shrouded in mystery, but now it's finally revealed!

ROYAL MASK'S TRUE IDENTITY WAS PROFESSOR KUKUI, JUST AS WE THOUGHT!
Alola's superstar was Professor Kukui in disguise! Satoshi and the others were shocked by this revelation!
Professor Burnet was a huge fan of Royal Mask, and he actually turned out to be her own husband! She might be the world's most surprised woman ever?!

vXdPl3E.jpg

THE STRONGEST SQUAD EVER?! PROFESSOR KUKUI'S POKÉMON:
A super heavyweight squad that, amazingly enough, consists entirely of fully evolved Pokémon! This is Professor Kukui we're talking about, so we wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's trained them all just as well as Gaogaen!

IF SATOSHI WINS AGAINST THIS OPPONENT, HE'LL BE THE TRUE CHAMP OF ALOLA!
Satoshi has finally earned the right to challenge the strongest Trainer in Alola, Professor Kukui!!

RUN WITH THE MOMENTUM FROM THE LEAGUE VICTORY!!
The Ultra Beast Agoyon joins the team alongside the 5 that won the league! Show us what you've learned in Alola!

DAdO8yU.jpg

WHO WILL WIN?! A 6-ON-6 FULL BATTLE!!
This full battle won't just be decided by type matchups, but also by overall strength! We've taken a look at each Pokémon's peculiarities!

SATOSHI'S POKÉMON:
AGOYON
(this is the one to pay attention to!): The Ultra Beast Bevenom has evolved into a trustworthy Pokémon! It's helping out in order to pay Satoshi back from saving their world!
Bevenom was of course emotionally attached to Satoshi, but also to Pikachu.
PIKACHU: The Z-Moves it's learned in Alola are extraordinarily powerful! The soulmate duo of Satoshi and Pikachu can take on any opponent!
MELMETAL: The tiny Meltan evolved into this super powerful Pokémon! We expect this heavyweighter will soon give us an even match with Professor Kukui's Pokémon!
LUGARUGAN (DUSK FORM): Lugarugan has grown little by little as it's been with Satoshi. We'd like to see it keep up the good work from the finals!
MOKUROH: Normally just sleeps all the time, but delivers when it counts! It's extremely reliable when it actually gets serious!
NYAHEAT: The destined rival of Professor Kukui's Gaogaen! This decisive match is certainly when it will finally gets its win!

PROFESSOR KUKUI'S POKÉMON:
GAOGAEN
(this is the one to pay attention to!): Professor Kukui's partner, which has just as strong a bond with him as Pikachu does with Satoshi. Both its power and speed are top class!
It's super famous all across Alola as Royal Mask's partner!
FUSHIGIBANA: Being the final evolved form of Fushigidane, it's a Grass/Poison type. It's just as much of a heavyweighter as Gaogaen.
WARRGLE: Profssor Kukui's partner that helped him fight the Rocket Gang and protect Professor Burnet!
EMPERTE: Takes pride in its incredible toughness, which allows it to swim all over the world researching ocean currents. Its Metal Claw is super powerful!
LUCARIO: The Wave it guides throughout its entire body before unleashing can even smash huge boulders! It specializes in the moves Close Combat and Dragon Pulse.
WHAT IS PROFESSOR KUKUI'S 6TH POkÉMON?!
A Full Battle is 6 on 6. Look forward to learning who the final Pokémon is from the episode itself!

The fierce fight between Satoshi and Professor Kukui airs October 6th, 13th and 20th! Don't miss it! (airdate and -time depends on your region)

Status
Not open for further replies.