• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 13th: SM143 - Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, a tie with Incineroar, and still no signs of evolving.

This is Greninja versus Charizard in a somewhat similar flavor...though I guess the cats' rivalry had more emotion to it than the blandness between the other two.

Red and Blue

Well, a tie with Incineroar, and still no signs of evolving.

This is Greninja versus Charizard in a somewhat similar flavor...though I guess the cats' rivalry had more emotion to it than the blandness between the other two.
Heck we could get two ties in the match if Lucario and Nagandel take each other out

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I can see Torracat winning but almost inmediately fainting in exhaustion when Koko comes in

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It is similar to Greninja and MCX. But Torracat isn't particularly special, is shown to be much weaker even in the final battle, and we don't know his motivation for wanting to beat Incineroar.
Isn't it just because he lost twice before? That's enough motivation. Also, possibly proving himself as powerful as his grandfather figure Stoutland.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Not only that, but the conclusion of the battle they started last episode too
The actual conclusion is Pikachu vs Tapu Koko though, unless you're talking about them being the starters for the battle and them not finishing that till now.
Isn't it just because he lost twice before? That's enough motivation. Also, possibly proving himself as powerful as his grandfather figure Stoutland.
The two loses before stand for motivation now, sure... but why exactly did Litten hold a grudge/rivalry/whatever you wanna call it, before they even met face to face? Nothing in Pokemon lore states that the species are at odds with each other.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No, because that doesn't explain the original reason Litten wanted to battle Incineroar. He wasn't motivated to battle or get stronger until seeing Incineroar dominate on television. And his reaction was completely different from when Rowlet met his evolution.

With Greninja it was simply because he'd lost twice prior, but there wasn't any narrative weight beyond that.
Well, isn't "Wow, this dude is freakin' awesome! I wanna be stronger than him!" a motivation?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I-I'm not sure this part can be true, seeing as Litten never recalled a memory when Stoutland felled a very dangerous foe or something.

The actual conclusion is Pikachu vs Tapu Koko though, unless you're talking about them being the starters for the battle and them not finishing that till now.

The two loses before stand for motivation now, sure... but why exactly did Litten hold a grudge/rivalry/whatever you wanna call it, before they even met face to face? Nothing in Pokemon lore states that the species are at odds with each other.

No, because that doesn't explain the original reason Litten wanted to battle Incineroar. He wasn't motivated to battle or get stronger until seeing Incineroar dominate on television. And his reaction was completely different from when Rowlet met his evolution.

With Greninja it was simply because he'd lost twice prior, but there wasn't any narrative weight beyond that.

You're all just jealous because I'm right.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That's all we can speculate... doesn't exactly reach Pikachu/Raichu levels of writing though.
Well, it's the obvious thing, at no point has he shown hatred towards Incineroar, it's mostly been determination to fight him

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You're all just jealous because I'm right.
But Litten never once recalled Stoutland outside of the Stoutland episode in Akala Island (I honestly thought it would've been a nice episode to show he hadn't gotten over his passing...but instead, we got Lana dealing with a quirky Stoutland... Comedy, comedy!). Clearly, Stoutland was never someone Litten thought was this amazing fighter.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
The battle will probably end in this episode so that Torracat can have the spotlight and use the Z move.While in 144 Pikachu will get the spotlight and use his signature z move against Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.