• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 13th: SM143 - Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashsfuture

If Nagandel does get to fight Incineroar it should damage it a little bit just like lycanroc did so even when Torracat fights it evolving or not and if it wins it's a team effort just like infernape vs electivire pikachu and gliscor also helped out in that fight. Also looking at the preview I think Ash might have used the firium z-move cause it looks like Incineroar and Torracat are clashing inside a fire type move or maybe it's blastburn.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This whole fight is mostly done as Ash whole Team helps to bring down Incineroar. Firstly Lycanroc, later Melmetal. I wouldn't be surprised if Pikachu or/and Naganadel also will help a bit.

It's a very clever and logical way od taking down such a powerhouse.

It makes it it at least believable than Torracat winning on his own.
Then again, Torracat could evolve, which would still be just as acceptable that the rivalry being spread out.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Then again, Torracat could evolve, which would still be just as acceptable that the rivalry being spread out.

I doubt just evolving wił make both Incineroar equal. Look at Flint vs Ash and their Infernapes.

Wow totally thought Rowlet and Melmetal would be fall guys but they both pulled out wins, nice! Here's hoping this episode Naganadel pulls out a win against Lucario and then uses a poison move against Incineroar (since it probably won't against Lucario). So hopefully something like this:

- Lucario vs. Naganadel (Naganadel wins)
- Incineroar vs. Naganadel (Incineroar wins)
- Incineroar vs. Torracat (double KO)

Then Tapu Koko is revealed to be Kukui's last pokemon against Pikachu.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Is that Revenge that Torracat is using?

Judging by the preview I think it looks like some possible Fire Fang/Revenge combo? Looks like Fire Fang animation to me but there’s also a paw swipe so idk.

Naganadel better win against.
And Torracat better evolve
Otherwise this entire battle is 100% just a waste of time

I don’t see why this would be a waste of time. Like ... it’s still a battle, and a pretty good one. It doesn’t have to have a “point.”

Honestly this has already been one of my favorite battles of the series because it’s just about fun! We already had the League battles with high stakes, this is basically just Ash taking his victory lap in a position where losing doesn’t cost him anything. This has been a saga more about pure fun and character moments than serious plot arcs, and letting Ash have an all-out battle against his beloved adoptive dad mentor feels like the perfect cap off to SM as a whole. No title or pride on the line, just a final opportunity to let the team strut their stuff, battle a friend on equal terms, and bring the Torracat/Incineroar and Pikachu/Tapu Koko clashes to their climax.

So yeah, I hope Naganadel gets a win over Lucario and I hope Torracat pulls at least a tie with Incineroar. And it would be kinda cool for Torracat to evolve but it certainly doesn’t need to evolve to make this all worthwhile. I’m happy regardless because it’s just satisfying to see the saga ending with a battle against Ash’s Alola family, built not on competition but on pure fun.

Master Pikachu 11

He is the goodra and torterra of this region both were lso hyped on evoling but after that both fall flat big time. Melmetal is the same case.
Well at least Melmetal beat Empoleon and got a win unlike Torterra and Noivern, so it did better and everybody that was worried about it jobbing again can rest easy.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well at least Melmetal beat Empoleon and got a win unlike Torterra and Noivern, so it did better and everybody that was worried about it jobbing again can rest easy.

Yeah and goodra got to star in one of the gym match so it was had a win but still i considered a fall guy despite having just one loss. I would have given venasaur's win to melmetal as well.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I see Naganadel beating Lucario, getting recalled and not even fighting Torracat. The two cats will KO each other, with Naganadel getting to fight a legendary, but since it is an ultra beast, koko takes it down easily with poision being the only thing that Naganadel manages to inflict on the legendary. Then it will be Naganadel vs Pikachu with Pikachu barely getting a win :)

Alternative is Naganadel beating Lucario (barely) and then inflicting some damage or posion on Torracat for the two cats to tie. My only issue is i want the legendary to get some sort of damage so that Pikachu and it are even. If not, it would make it that much more dope for Pikachu to get the win.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I see Naganadel beating Lucario, getting recalled and not even fighting Torracat. The two cats will KO each other, with Naganadel getting to fight a legendary, but since it is an ultra beast, koko takes it down easily with poision being the only thing that Naganadel manages to inflict on the legendary. Then it will be Naganadel vs Pikachu with Pikachu barely getting a win :)

Alternative is Naganadel beating Lucario (barely) and then inflicting some damage or posion on Torracat for the two cats to tie. My only issue is i want the legendary to get some sort of damage so that Pikachu and it are even. If not, it would make it that much more dope for Pikachu to get the win.

Naganadel is not a legendary its an ultra beast which may or may not be as OP as a legendary, malmetal is also mythical and silvally are also legendary but are not shown to be OP, naganadel hasn't even have one proper fight so far so it losing or tying with lucario is not farfetched.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Naganadel is not a legendary its an ultra beast which may or may not be as OP as a legendary, malmetal is also mythical and silvally are also legendary but are not shown to be OP, naganadel hasn't even have one proper fight so far so it losing or tying with lucario is not farfetched.
I never said Naganadel was a legendary, or at least that wasn't the intent. Tapu koko is the legendary that is referred to. I can totally see an UB fighting and losing to it quickly, given with Tapu Koko represents.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Why would Naganadel fight or poison Torracat??

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

TheNewGuy

So is the thinking here that Incineroar and Torracat go to a respectful tie, allowing Pikachu and Tapu to duke it out in the final battle? Although two consecutive battles being "tie, then the last two Pokemon have an epic one-on-one" feels a bit overdone.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So is the thinking here that Incineroar and Torracat go to a respectful tie, allowing Pikachu and Tapu to duke it out in the final battle? Although two consecutive battles being "tie, then the last two Pokemon have an epic one-on-one" feels a bit overdone.
I can see it being that Torracat beats Incineroar but has no energy left and faints right afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.