• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 14th: PM2019 128 - Climax! The Night Before the Decisive Match: Satoshi VS Dande!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix2

It less about the animators being lazy and more of them suffering from a lack of real good planning by the leadership I charge of the series.

Observer

Mostly watching
There is nothing for Team Rocket to recap you Rocket hater

Oh by the way... Chance of Rocketness: SHUT UP ENOUGH

This will be the last chance of Rocketness untill Paldea

Time to end Pokemon Recap, put it to rest and dance on his grave

Who's grave is that? Is Mr. Burns?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think people are assuming it was snarky based on the quote retweets from a bunch of people being annoyed.
Thats their fault then for google translating and taking it on bad faith
God knows how many people are willing to jump at their throats
Its more the animator telling the people to get the excitement back from the other older episodes they like if they are disappointed with recaps and not to watch them, which is fair

this thread is fine, isn’t it?
IMG_0421.png

Megapixel

Its more the animator telling the people to get the excitement back from the other older episodes they like if they are disappointed with recaps and not to watch them, which is fair
yeah, they basically said" try to enjoy these episodes, otherwise don't watch it" fair i guess

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I just was told that Goh won't be there to cheer Ash against Leon, and that Goh gave away Eternatus to Leon? Is this true?
Hopefully ALL of Ash companions come back of he's going to win.

BobbbidyBob

I don’t mind the recaps, but the quality of writing in older JN episodes hasn’t been to my taste either, especially with returning characters which is what this season is basically about, so...it’s not just the recaps but a bit of everything I guess, what bothers me is this hopeful feeling, like a constant waiting for a really good episode to come but it never comes cause the episodes that air don’t deliver and add a recap to that and well...it feels like something is missing

I don’t mean to say what is what or to criticize cause I don’t know, I‘m just expressing myself cause maybe somebody else feels the same way

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I don’t mean to say what is what or to criticize cause I don’t know, I‘m just expressing myself cause maybe somebody else feels the same way
I think it's fair to criticize the writing itself, there were issues from the start, even before the big production issues started. But being upset at animators about recaps and not recognizing that they're also victims here is totally unfair.

Also being disappointed by recaps/long wait is also fine, I think, as long as you're not going to Twitter and attacking the anime staff.

MunchMunch

Yeah it's probably the Scarlet and Violet anime getting announced. Merch of the starters and their anime art is starting to pop up

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Speaking as someone who can actually read that tweet... It does read rather snarky. "Well if you hate recap episodes that much, then wouldn't you be better off just rewatching past episodes and trying to relive the excitement that way or something?"
It, at the very least, has pretty strong "Leave me alone" vibes. Which, given the immense stress they have to be under and the reaction from the fandom as a whole, (I will defend my own complaining by saying that my ire has been directed squarely at the higher-ups for allowing things to get this far out of hand and that I do not put any blame on the animators actually working to try and salvage this mess) is absolutely an understandable stance to take but... sadly it's also 100% going to be taken the wrong way.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Speaking as someone who can actually read that tweet... It does read rather snarky. "Well if you hate recap episodes that much, then wouldn't you be better off just rewatching past episodes and trying to relive the excitement that way or something?"
It, at the very least, has pretty strong "Leave me alone" vibes. Which, given the immense stress they have to be under and the reaction from the fandom as a whole, (I will defend my own complaining by saying that my ire has been directed squarely at the higher-ups for allowing things to get this far out of hand and that I do not put any blame on the animators actually working to try and salvage this mess) is absolutely an understandable stance to take but... sadly it's also 100% going to be taken the wrong way.
The problem is not having endless breaks and recaps, but not at least giving any explanation or apologizing to the viewers. Because this amount of breaks and recaps is not normal by any mean

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It still doesnt read off to me as 'snarky' though
I still dont get why they said anything wrong
Everyone knows why recap episodes are a thing, yet they keep complaining for ages. Whats wrong with them literally saying rewatch old episodes to keep your excitement alive instead of watching the recaps you hate?

Jangobadass

Surprise!
And we JUST had a recap episode about the PWC...do we REALLY need another one for the Masters 8? I know the breaks and clipshows make it FEEL a lot longer than it's really been, but it hasn't even been 10 episodes (less if you don't count recaps)...

The special preview BETTER be good...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have my issues with JN and I think everyone should be allowed to voice theirs as well but I don't have anything against the staff since it's clear they're working in a tough situation.

Hot take but not enough: Ash Could've command his Dracovish or Lucario to use "Plot Armor" against Leon's Charizard or maybe Dragapult
Soo Ash can win with a Plot Device, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.