• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 14th: SM92 - Kukui Up Against the Wall! A Second Royal Mask!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The summary doesn't really make this episode seem that exciting tbh. As expected, Faba is the fake Royal Mask, but Viren's gang is here as well, along with Team Rocket.

But the big news is that Kukui is the Royal Mask. I mean that is a HUGE reveal. What a shocking turn of events!

DatsRight

Let me guess Viren mistakes Faba for the real deal and Kukui has to somehow protect him while keeping up the charade.

Hopefully TR will be announcers again, unless we get an unusual baddie team up.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Kukui's in a royal mess here as he himself gets invited in Masked Royal handshaking event. I guess that's why Faba's decides to disguise himself as the Royal Mask in order to help Kukui out of this mess. Faba, you're a true fan! :p

The summary doesn't really make this episode seem that exciting tbh. As expected, Faba is the fake Royal Mask, but Viren's gang is here as well, along with Team Rocket.

Viren's (Bourgain's) name isn't anywhere mentioned in the VA list though.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Mad Boober is part of the revengers, and Viren is actually their leader. So even if Viren himself isn't in this episode, it is correct to say that his gang is here.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What in the world is a "Viren"?
It's kind of funny to see you use Japanese names most of the time but you don't remember this one. I often find myself wondering who all these weird Japanese names are instead. Ha ha.

It's the Guzma-like rich bald bad guy (named Bourgain in the West) who keeps being a recurring OC villain (for some weird reason) in the series lately. The guy who tried to buy Kiawe's farm, tried to buy the Battle Royal Dome, and built a golden statue of himself that a Stakataka held.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's kind of funny to see you use Japanese names most of the time but you don't remember this one.

It's his dub name. I've never heard it before. There was nothing to remember.

Though,

I often find myself wondering who all these weird Japanese names are instead.

They're the names used in the show you're actually watching. They're the names everyone in this subforum are familiar with. Going out of your way to use dub names is being purposely confusing when you're posting in a discussion about Japanese episodes that you know perfectly well involves people that don't keep up with the dub and have no idea what the dub randomly decided to rename a character yesterday.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's his dub name. I've never heard it before. There was nothing to remember.

Whoops. I confused both of the names and switched them around. It doesn't help both names are perfectly fine to use in the English language.

They're the names used in the show you're actually watching. They're the names everyone in this subforum are familiar with. Going out of your way to use dub names is being purposely confusing when you're posting in a discussion about Japanese episodes that you know perfectly well involves people that don't keep up with the dub and have no idea what the dub randomly decided to rename a character yesterday.
Oh, I know that very well. Though I really don't see that many people using the Japanese names more than English names.

Whoops. I confused both of the names and switched them around. It doesn't help both names are perfectly fine to use in the English language.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Kei Shindo: Rarecoil
Reina Ueda: Rarecoil
Hitomi Kikuchi: Rarecoil

Poor Lana, Mallow, and Lillie. They've apparently been turned into Magneton.

Sophocles' cousing is appearing as well?

He's Kukui's friend and aware of his identity of the Masked Royal (in the games, at least), so why not?

Last edited:

Henry's Journey

He's Kukui's friend and aware of his identity of the Masked Royal (in the games, at least), so why not?

Well, let's see if he's aware of his identity in the anime, anyway it's good we're getting important recurring characters like Molayne and Acerola appearing in these fillers, it makes them more interesting to look forward to.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh, I know that very well. Though I really don't see that many people using the Japanese names more than English names.

A number of people use the Japanese names for at least anime-original characters, since those are the ones they know. They're also the ones everyone know, since everyone in this section watches the original, while not everyone watches the dub. There are no rules or anything against using the dub names, but it's worth keeping in mind that you are going out of your way to make your posts more difficult to understand when you write stuff like "Viren". He's such a recent character that every single person in this subforum knows this character as Bourgain.

DatsRight

I only write Viren because I usually use the dub names by reflex (truthfully Bourgain is catchier otherwise).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
hey, what if there's a BR match and molayne joins in with his magneton (IDK, maybe each magnet has its own voice, or maybe there are other 2 guys with magneton)?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wonder who Mullein is but Viren is definitely back. Magneton has three different voices so at most there could be three Magneton.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Molayne, Sophocles' cousin that appeared on the Minior episode.
Cool, it's just that I find the romanisation a bit weird. Pretty sure he'll be the one with the Magneton. I wonder what he'll be doing, but I'm sure he'll at least spectate the Battle Royale.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Cool, it's just that I find the romanisation a bit weird. Pretty sure he'll be the one with the Magneton. I wonder what he'll be doing, but I'm sure he'll at least spectate the Battle Royale.
or we could see corkscrew crash

Status
Not open for further replies.