• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 14th: SM92 - Kukui Up Against the Wall! A Second Royal Mask!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You can do a fair bit with makeup and cosmetics though :p
Not really, Kukui's eyes don't look defined enough to have makeup applied to it. He has always had that beard so no way would any cosmetics be applied to that too. The only thing I thought that would change skin colour would be a tan but that would be pretty hard to reverse.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Not really, Kukui's eyes don't look defined enough to have makeup applied to it. He has always had that beard so no way would any cosmetics be applied to that too. The only thing I thought that would change skin colour would be a tan but that would be pretty hard to reverse.
I'm not saying Kukui is the Masked Royal, I'm saying it's someone else who uses makeup and cosmetics to give himself a superficial similarity to the regional professor

I will run this joke into the ground if I have to

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm not saying Kukui is the Masked Royal, I'm saying it's someone else who uses makeup and cosmetics to give himself a superficial similarity to the regional professor

I will run this joke into the ground if I have to
Same for that person too. But I guess that person would have to build up their muscles to look more like Kukui but may not need cosmetics to look like him. And of course the tan is required depending on the skin tone.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yawn
If it was ya boi I would actually care, I love Faba but why are they so keen on having every one of their antagonists star in a Battle Royale episode and not Guzma?! -.-

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Same for that person too. But I guess that person would have to build up their muscles to look more like Kukui but may not need cosmetics to look like him. And of course the tan is required depending on the skin tone.
Nobody ever said fame was easy, and a tan in Alola doesn't seem that hard to get

Although Gladion and Lillie are both abnormally pale so I guess that's not entirely true

Unless it's a genetic thing

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nobody ever said fame was easy, and a tan in Alola doesn't seem that hard to get

Although Gladion and Lillie are both abnormally pale so I guess that's not entirely true

Unless it's a genetic thing
They could just stay in the sun long enough and they've got their tan. But it could take a while for Faba to be able to look like Kukui because they both look so different. But not only that he also has to train hard.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Oh great, more Battle Royale.

Since I love picking on details, I'm wondering if we'll see those three background Trainers (Primarina, Decidueye and Machamp) once again in the very same copy-and-pasted scene.
Yeah, I'm not kidding, they showed them twice and the scene where they appear is exactly the same copypasted animation in both episodes. And it wasn't a flashback, just animator's laziness.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
They could just stay in the sun long enough and they've got their tan. But it could take a while for Faba to be able to look like Kukui because they both look so different. But not only that he also has to train hard.
Gladion at least has the excuse of only letting Silvally out of its poké ball at night or in caves for his pale complexion

Lillie, on the other hand, has gone swimming, camping, hiking, and spending entire days outside at a time and never getting any darker

I imagine that the training exercise Masked Royal goes through would kill a scientist like Faba, hence his use of Psychics to make his life easier

Although given how gloriously broken the Psychic type is in the anime, he'd probably be quite good at the theater that is (essentially) pokémon wrestling...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Gladion at least has the excuse of only letting Silvally out of its poké ball at night or in caves for his pale complexion

Lillie, on the other hand, has gone swimming, camping, hiking, and spending entire days outside at a time and never getting any darker

I imagine that the training exercise Masked Royal goes through would kill a scientist like Faba, hence his use of Psychics to make his life easier

Although given how gloriously broken the Psychic type is in the anime, he'd probably be quite good at the theater that is (essentially) pokémon wrestling...
Maybe but anyway Faba looks pretty scrawny so I don't think he would last too much with the Gym. Even you should be able to see that there is one 'Masked Royal' that looks suspiciously scrawny though. But I wonder if the wannabe Masked Royal will still use Incineroar or will use one of Faba's Psychic-type Pokémon.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Maybe but anyway Faba looks pretty scrawny so I don't think he would last too much with the Gym. Even you should be able to see that there is one 'Masked Royal' that looks suspiciously scrawny though. But I wonder if the wannabe Masked Royal will still use Incineroar or will use one of Faba's Psychic-type Pokémon.
Hypno or Alakazam trying to pass themselves off as a towering wall of muscle would be quite hysterical

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hypno or Alakazam trying to pass themselves off as a towering wall of muscle would be quite hysterical
Maybe there could be one or two scenes where they are shown to have exaggerated muscle but then it switches to the reality where they don't have as much.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This puts the nail in the coffin until further notice in my book, Torrecat is Pignite 2.0
Well, Ash isn't done with the "main" quest yet, and what remains isn't a pointless filler hell that surely will give something to the main characters.

...Unlike how the last time that happened, everyone else but the main group got something.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope his identity actually comes out tbh. It'll only help the Prof in his goal to set up the league. He can then get fans of his wrestling to participate and help spread the word.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If it was not for the poster I'd be hoping for an evo but...

ShadowForce720

If it was not for the poster I'd be hoping for an evo but...

To be fair though it's not like Torracat really showed up on the main poster for the ultra guardian arc even though Litten was going to evolve 3 episodes into the arc, and before you bring up the other poster yes there was a more minor one that showed Torracat but that wasn't the main poster. So just because we didn't see a potential Incineroar for Ash on the recent poster doesn't mean that Torracat couldn't evolve in this episode.

now will it evolve in this episode? I'd say it would really depend on how this episode plays out, for instance if Ash and Torracat winds up getting some focus in this episode and perhaps wind up battling the fake Royal Mask then there is some chance that Torracat might evolve here however if it's just completely focus on the Mask Royal where Ash and Torracat aren't really doing anything then yeah Ash's Torracat is probably not going to evolve in this episode.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary and staff list:

It's announced that the Royal Mask, the superhero of the Battle Royal, is going to hold a handshake event at Melemele Island, where Satoshi and the others live. Since Satoshi is a huge fan of his, he begs Professor Kukui about attending the event, which puts Kukui in quite a spot when he realizes Satoshi might figure out that he is the Royal Mask.

Screenplay 関根アユミ (Ayumi Sekine)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

p96822

Evolve me please
I know that this is kind of weird, but should Ash already ask Kukwe about that Incineroar he had during the end of episode 90? Really I think that his secret should be out there and have Incineroar in the major cast

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I know that this is kind of weird, but should Ash already ask Kukwe about that Incineroar he had during the end of episode 90? Really I think that his secret should be out there and have Incineroar in the major cast
It pretty much seemed that Ash wasn’t able to figure out the fact he is the Masked Royal based on Incineroar. I guess there could be a moment where Ash sees Kukui use his catchphrase and suddenly figures it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.