• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well the thing is like I said, due to lack of appearances under trainers especially in recent years since we never saw Swampert again in the main series under a trainer after AG and it's last sole appearance was in DP as a wild mon, we can't exactly fully determine what they could have a potential "Ash's Swampert" use in its moveset except for the usual ground move since it doesn't need the earth shaking moves and Mud Shot and Mud Bomb are perfect for it so either one of them will likely be there and some sort of physical move which looks likely to be some sort of move requiring its fist. Another thing to note is that idk if the anime will consider type coverage in the moveset.

It's been so long since we saw Morrison and Tucker so I'm sure as hell not basing of speculated movesets on their versions of Swampert. What I did is simply a projection of what I personally want to see (keeping in mind that the animé usually features mixed movesets), what fits with Swampert's regular level-up moveset (with maybe a TM/TR thrown in) and what would help it standout and help it along.

If I envision a bulky Swampert engulfed in waves completely wrecking an opponent -basically hulksmashing Pokémonstyle - as opposed to blasting an opponent with yet again an overdone blast of water, then I'm picking Waterfall over Hydro Pump, Scald, etc. There's not enough recent conjecture that would be compelling to say otherwise.

Red and Blue

I don't know why they would put it on the poster if it wasn't getting caught.
I don't see why an appearance on the poster would mean a capture. Certainly no one expects anyone to catch Mewtwo

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't see why an appearance on the poster would mean a capture. Certainly no one expects anyone to catch Mewtwo
It's just the fact that it's there. Everything else is either mega popular, a Legendary, a Galar Pokemon, a Pokemon that's on the main cast already, or a combination of these. Marshtomp is the only Pokemon on the poster that doesn't fall into any of these categories.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Assuming he gets it, he'll have three mega-able mons. That and there's always the chance of gengar go g-max, which give it two forms, and considering mega gengar still have to debut...

But, don't get your hopes too high, guys.

Zariful

Go is kind of wild in a way. He does have this strong desire to catch all the Pokemon, but there are indeed episodes where he doesn't end up doing that. Like for example he didn't really take interest in any of the pokemon that Raboot was helping because his priorities weren't really on catching anything. He also did try to catch the Slowking and it reversed the ball back. Go could potentially try and catch one of the other Marshtomp or the Ludicolo, but they just may not want to be caught like the Slowking. I think if one of the Marshtomp is gonna get caught, it will probably be the one that's being focused on in the blurb and stuck in the ground. Though fun fact is Go catches the Marshtomp, it would be the first time where Go catches a middle stage Pokemon separately without catching the entire line. He's caught basics separately and fully evolved ones separately.

Master Pikachu 11

Because Ludicolo is also in the episode and is also shown in the opening as well as the DD special trailer, but it is not on the poster, only Marshtomp is. Besides the poster is the only thing that we have to go by and if we shouldn’t read too much into it then that would mean Chloe is not getting an Eevee nor should we say that Ash is catching Dracovish since there is no merchandise for it either but there is for Galarian Ponyta which isn’t on the poster.

@Zariful well his priorities were to catch another Wurmple, but they only shifted when Raboot wasn’t acting like his Scorbunny self and that ended up taking priority otherwise he would focusing on catching another Wurmple, but I still understand what your saying with the rest of your post.

Last edited:
It's just the fact that it's there. Everything else is either mega popular, a Legendary, a Galar Pokemon, a Pokemon that's on the main cast already, or a combination of these. Marshtomp is the only Pokemon on the poster that doesn't fall into any of these categories.
Marshtomp have meme.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh God, another TR filler, Jesus do they actually do anything of importance??

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Would they have an Ash capture in a dual episode format?
Dont see why not. It’s not like having a dual episode format automatically means it’ll be filler like JN026 was. And we can might as well take Galarian Farfetch’d’s capture as an example where it didn’t get focus until basically the second half of JN027 and was never mentioned in the title or anything and still got captured anyways (and yes there were scans confirming that it was going to be a capture but my point still does stand due to the fact that it had basically had only half an episode and not a full episode of focus before capture)

Status
Not open for further replies.