• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

You all know the rules. Ash has to have trouble catching this one Pokemon for more than 12 minutes episode time. Less than that, it's Goh's turf.

Except the fact of matter is that the whole Galarian Farfetch’d segment only took about 7 minutes while it’s actual capture and battle with Ash took even less time then that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Except the fact of matter is that the whole Galarian Farfetch’d segment only took about 7 minutes while it’s actual capture and battle with Ash took even less time then that.
You know the rules. The wild Pokemon in question has to have had some beef against Ash's Pokemon or vice versa to bypass the 12-minute rule.

No, wait. G-fetch'd is just this season's Palpitoad.

ShadowForce720

U forget tho that the entire episode was ash focused really and about his goal of the PWC

That still doesn’t change the fact that the whole Farfetch’d segment happened in about 7 minutes and even less time then that if you just look at it’s battle with Ash and it being captured.

So it doesn’t matter if the rest of the episode had focus on Ash the point is that they has no problem decating 7 minutes or less to Galarian Farfetch’d.

So the 2nd part of episode 41 is plenty of time for Ash to get Marshtomp if they plan on giving it to him.

dman_dustin

Exactly this Farfetch'd is the closest we've gotten to a non quality Go capture for Ash.

Which means they likely won't give us proper quality captures for Ash since they're putting that effort primairily in Go. So we're probably only getting partial quality captures starting with Farfetch'd since that was more about Riolu anyway.

Zariful

Does Marshtomp being on the poster and also being focused on in the trailer make it kind of important?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Does Marshtomp being on the poster and also being focused on in the trailer make it kind of important?
well technically yes, whenever something is on a promotional poster (often treated as a big deal) they’re likely going to play a big role in someway.

Hanto

Water Addiction
well technically yes, whenever something is on a promotional poster (often treated as a big deal) they’re likely going to play a big role in someway.
Didn't we get some Passimian in the opening/poster back to the SM days and they turned out as just cameo pokemon from banned (USA only, I guess) filler?

ShadowForce720

Didn't we get some Passimian in the opening/poster back to the SM days and they turned out as just cameo pokemon from banned (USA only, I guess) filler?

None of the SM posters for the anime had Passimian in it. The thing about the current poster is that every Pokémon on their is either a legendary Pokémon, recurring Pokémon or belongs to Ash, Goh, and Chloe.

So it would seem weird to just randomly have Dracovish and especially Marshtomp on their if they were just going to be Pokémon of the Day especially considering there were plenty of other relevant Pokémon they could have used instead.

While there was a scene in one of the SM openings that had a Passimian at the beginning the difference between that in Marshtomp is that the scene that shows Marshtomp shows it with a group of Marshtomp and a Ludicolo towards the end of the opening and Marshtomp appeared on the poster.

It would be extremely weird to basically include Marshtomp in the opening and then on a poster that is composed of relevant Pokémon and then just have Marshtomp to just be a Pokémon of the Day.

PsychoLogical

I have no clue what that Marshtomp episodes could be about, except a Marshtomp in a hole
Remember that scene of Ludicolo and the bunch of random Marshtomps from the OP? That should click.

Master Pikachu 11

Passmian wasn’t on any poster and in the opening it felt like it was just a random Pokémon that is the forest, which is no different then the random Pikipek flying around. Also the fact Ludicolo is also in this episode but was not on the poster tells me that Marshtomp is more important.

PsychoLogical

If I were to guess, Ash and Goh would help the Marshtomp group by inviting Ludicolo to live there and replenish the dried up marsh. This sounds so boring now.
Nice, you prob almost just said what the entire summary of the Marshtomp segment could be without knowing it when it releases Thursday.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
It could be a recurring wild Pokemon?

Still hoping for a Swampert on the main cast eventually. That one from the abandoned ship episode all those years ago was creepy and awesome!

PsychoLogical

It could be a recurring wild Pokemon?

Still hoping for a Swampert on the main cast eventually. That one from the abandoned ship episode all those years ago was creepy and awesome!
It won’t. The duo will be in Hoenn during the Marshtomp segment. Immediately after they’re going to be in Galar for a while. What’s the point of making some random Marshtomp a recurring character when the duo are frequently region hopping and it’s a Hoenn native that has no reason to leave Hoenn in the first place just to follow them. It’s either going to be a capture that’ll start showing post-DD or stay wild.

Lacuna

Goodnight
Nice, you prob almost just said what the entire summary of the Marshtomp segment could be without knowing it when it releases Thursday.
That actually seems so true LOL. I need someone to bring this back when the actual summary goes up just to confirm. =P

Recurring wild Pokemon actually seems pretty fitting for Marshtomp, hypothetically. It's just silly-looking enough that I can totally see it occasionally popping up and messing with whatever's going on. It's unlikely seeing as they'll still be region hopping, but maybe it'll be in a few more Hoenn episodes if that's the case.

D

Deleted member 384931

Idk what the writers have with so many Hoenn episodes compared (bar Kanto) to other regions this series. That is my only complaint.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You know the rules. The wild Pokemon in question has to have had some beef against Ash's Pokemon or vice versa to bypass the 12-minute rule.

No, wait. G-fetch'd is just this season's Palpitoad.

Fun fact, G-Fetch'd only needs 3 more episodes to surpass Palpitoad's total episode count. And we're just 39 episodes into this series.

Idk what the writers have with so many Hoenn episodes compared (bar Kanto) to other regions this series. That is my only complaint.

If that's your only complaint, wow. In all honesty, there was a lot of untold content from RSE and ORAS that they could expand on, compared to for instance Sinnoh, where they hit almost every storybeat and location. I can't remember if they did Fuego IronWorks and the Old Chateau, but almost all other landmarks were visited. PalPark wouldn't make much sense by the way.

Edit:
- Fuego Ironworks was featured in the Galactic finale as a base for constructing the Red Chain.
- Old Chateau was moved to Canalave City.

Status
Not open for further replies.