• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Tbh I never understood the funny filler before important events thing.

Ever heard of the saying "The Calm before the Storm"?

They do this as a sort of breather before getting into the more intense stuff

Please define "important" or "intense" when it's happening SO early in the series with precious little build up...

One thing I'm really curious about is if it would've happened even EARLIER if it hadn't been for the COVID Hiatus. o_O

I really hope I'm wrong, but this could be potentially be even worse than AG, BW, and SM throwing out their generations' plots to bring in new elements...
(and PM wasn't even doing anything with SwSh's story to begin with )

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Please define "important" or "intense" when it's happening SO early in the series with precious little build up...

One thing I'm really curious about is if it would've happened even EARLIER if it hadn't been for the COVID Hiatus. o_O

I really hope I'm wrong, but this could be potentially be even worse than AG, BW, and SM throwing out their generations' plots to bring in new elements...
(and PM wasn't even doing anything with SwSh's story to begin with )
Tbf the games had nearly no buildup either. How tf are you supposed to buildup something that was non-existent until the near end of the game's plot. Not even the just as poorly done plot of the XY games was this bad with buildup, it had so much even.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Tbf the games had nearly no buildup either. How tf are you supposed to buildup something that was non-existent until the near end of the game's plot. Not even the just as poorly done plot of the XY games was this bad with buildup, it had so much even.

Eh, fair enough.
It's just a personal issue because like my villain plots and regional criseses slow cooked to near perfection. (That's why Galactic and Flare were so good and the rest sucked) Though to be fair, the games won't even do that anymore. :(

Though I stand by the part about the plot bending over backward for promotions sake yet again. <_<

ShadowForce720

Though enough with capture speculation people. This is pure filler. NOT happening...

Oh, I know Goh needlessly captures Pokemon almost every episode, but I ain't seeing it happen here.

The only thing that has my interest the potential for the TRio to get the first half all to themselves...
(Too bad it sounds like a clip show)

Some people were also sure Ash that Ash wasn’t going to get Dragonite in episode 10 and yet look how that turned out.

Could this be a episode where nothing important happens? Sure but it is also possible that Ash could catch Marshtomp.

In all honesty given that this series does throw curve balls at us, saying something is not happening doesn’t really mean anything at this point.

PsychoLogical

More times than I can count using all toes and fingers on me.
But wait, what if you actually don’t have all of them and you’re just saying it to hide the truth :>

Red and Blue

We didn't know that episode 10 had the possibility of being a Ash capture episode until the preview showing Ash reaching out towards Dragonair.

We could get something similar with Ash and Marshstomp in tomorrow's preview

PsychoLogical

Ash's Rotom Phone is just about never shown in the voice cast anyways due to him being the narrator.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Do most fans think Swampert is ugly? I would say it is a goofy-looking creature, but that's what makes Swampert so interesting unlike the rather bland Sceptile (it should have kept Grovyle's colour scheme).
I think it's ugly but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Not every Pokémon is supposed to be cute.

Also think Sceptile looks way cooler but that's just me

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
In all honesty I think his Ash’s Rotom Phone has been silent through every one of Ash’s captures.

I was actually about to say this. I don't think it's ever talked during a catch. I know for a fact it didn't do it for Riolu.

PsychoLogical

In all honesty I think his Ash’s Rotom Phone has been silent through every one of Ash’s captures.
I was actually about to say this. I don't think it's ever talked during a catch. I know for a fact it didn't do it for Riolu.
That’s cause it never did. Ash’s Rotom Phone doesnt say anything whenever he catches something or anything in general. The only times it ever talked/talks was/are during PWC battle offers and the sole pokedex entry of a Meganium in JN020. Its always Go’s Rotom Phone doing the talking and if Go catches something in particular (for obvious reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.