• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Meh...don’t think they’re going to have anyone capture it...no real buildup and a 10-minute throwaway segmented episode...plus it would just be shelved if past history shows us anything. I guess I just don’t see the appeal of it since Satoshi’s Kamonegi/Gengar lack screen time compounded with the next arc. seemingly being Riolu’s evolution climax. Adding more Pokémon just to be ignored essentially. Who knows though?

Wonder if Pikachu battles here...I actually find it funny how PM has Pikachu constantly using Electric-type moves on Ground-types...Meguroco, Golugh, Saidon, Maggyo, Nidorino, Flygon, Gorone...it almost seems like a running gag at this point. Just give the Electric Mouse Surf already, it can learn it via TM in SwSh after all.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Meh...don’t think they’re going to have anyone capture it...no real buildup and a 10-minute throwaway segmented episode...plus it would just be shelved if past history shows us anything. I guess I just don’t see the appeal of it since Satoshi’s Kamonegi/Gengar lack screen time compounded with the next arc. seemingly being Riolu’s evolution climax. Adding more Pokémon just to be ignored essentially. Who knows though?

Wonder if Pikachu battles here...I actually find it funny how PM has Pikachu constantly using Electric-type moves on Ground-types...Meguroco, Golugh, Saidon, Maggyo, Nidorino, Flygon, Gorone...it almost seems like a running gag at this point. Just give the Electric Mouse Surf already, it can learn it via TM in SwSh after all.
Pretty sure the Electric moves on Ground types technically is the new running gag this time around. And the no real buildup for captures has been done quite a few times throughout the years anyways (Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it'll def happen again this time around, tho it still could). Most notable (and most infamous) being the BW rotation captures and I guess also the OS extra captures.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Blue Saturday said:
I guess I just don’t see the appeal of it since Satoshi’s Kamonegi/Gengar lack screen time compounded with the next arc. seemingly being Riolu’s evolution climax. Adding more Pokémon just to be ignored essentially.

I hadn't thought of this as much lately when I was weighing the pros and cons of Satoshi theoretically getting Numacraw, but it does make the capture scenario less appealing in my mind if Numacraw were to end up in a similar situation as Galarian Kamonegi. And I've also been considering the thought of it possibly becoming a gag Pokemon, which would be almost as devastating although at least it would get some screen-time in that case.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Pretty sure the Electric moves on Ground types technically is the new running gag this time around. And the no real buildup for captures has been done quite a few times throughout the years anyways (Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it'll def happen again this time around, tho it still could). Most notable (and most infamous) being the BW rotation captures and I guess also the OS extra captures.
Krabby did get the 2nd-best battle of Kanto. Krabby vs. Ash with stick.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That’s going to almost be impossible if it goes to Go due to Sobble. An old gen starter, specifically the most shafted one from Gen 3 isn’t going to be able to compete with a new gen starter that happens to be 10 times more popular.

And that's precisely why Ash should get it if it's caught. Darmanitan practically doesn't exist, Dewgong faded away once Goh got Sobble, Kaijukarp is a gag mon so he's an exception to the rule... I don't want Swampert's only role on the main cast being a background Pokemon. He'd actually get properly utilized under Ash, he doesn't have a Water type on hand and could even possibly debut Mega Swampert!

If Goh gets the complete Galar starter set then I'd like to see Ash finish off Hoenn's. Still rooting for Blaziken to be the Fire type of this saga

Pretty sure the Electric moves on Ground types technically is the new running gag this time around.

It's a dumb one, Dunsparce was actually funny and done without making Ash look like a complete idiot. They should bring that back

Master Pikachu 11

And that's precisely why Ash should get it if it's caught. Darmanitan practically doesn't exist, Dewgong faded away once Goh got Sobble, Kaijukarp is a gag mon so he's an exception to the rule... I don't want Swampert's only role on the main cast being a background Pokemon. He'd actually get properly utilized under Ash, he doesn't have a Water type on hand and could even possibly debut Mega Swampert!

If Goh gets the complete Galar starter set then I'd like to see Ash finish off Hoenn's. Still rooting for Blaziken to be the Fire type of this saga

It's a dumb one, Dunsparce was actually funny and done without making Ash look like a complete idiot. They should bring that back
Yes let’s have Ash and Goh compete for a Dunsparce and for both to fail as it goes on it’s merry way with the gag continuing.

PsychoLogical

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash's capture of Dragonite took everyone by surprise and the switcharoo of Sobble and Farfetch'd surprised people and made them mad. Now, I wouldn't put it past them to have Ash catch Marshtomp in an 11-minute episode. I mean, now that I think about it, in a regular 22 minute episode, there would have been extra time padding by setting up a scenario, include TR scenes, and include a Goh random capture sequence. At least if it's 11 minutes dedicated to Ash helping Marshtomp, who knows we might get a nice surprise capture. Plus, his Hoenn Pokémon list doesn't have a Ground-type.

Master Pikachu 11

Ash's capture of Dragonite took everyone by surprise and the switcharoo of Sobble and Farfetch'd surprised people and made them mad. Now, I wouldn't put it past them to have Ash catch Marshtomp in an 11-minute episode. I mean, now that I think about it, in a regular 22 minute episode, there would have been extra time padding by setting up a scenario, include TR scenes, and include a Goh random capture sequence. At least if it's 11 minutes dedicated to Ash helping Marshtomp, who knows we might get a nice surprise capture. Plus, his Hoenn Pokémon list doesn't have a Ground-type.
It would make up for him not catching Sobble, but it may just be another filler episode. We shall see, I am not going to get too excited until I see Ash throw the poke ball and it goes in.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

PsychoLogical

Final guess: No one gets marshtomp.
Fair answer. Would like Marshtomp to be a potential capture still but I aint holding my breathe. And I prob just want to see the fails of trying to pull Marshtomp out.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Or a memorable Water-type for that matter. Corphish who?

PsychoLogical

DivinePokemonXZ used Future Sight!

The lack of Marshstomp merchandise whatsoever (the poster doesn't count) suggests it will not be captured.
Then suddenly...
P A L P I T O A D happens :>

Status
Not open for further replies.