• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I hope the Ludicolo from the OP is the evolved form of that Lombre we saw in the Goodbye Raboot Episode.

Raboot should start dancing again!

Tairenar becoming more popular than Mafoxy was always “questionable” choice and the only time I recall a middle stage overpowering a full stage Pokémon.
Why is that questionable? Braixen is adorable and deserves all the love

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Another two-story episode?

I guess they finally ran out ideas (even thought Gen 8 gave them plenty to work with). Though to be fair, we should've seen it coming when it was apparent they were more interested in adapting GO than a real game...

What's more, this makes my hopes for the Darkest Day arc even lower... :'(

No, they had an idea...so they made it. After 1,100 episodes they're allowed to mess around with the formula and structure of episodes as much as they like.

Ultra Beast Lover

The Pikachu segment will probably essentially be what we do with our own pets. Someone will kinda "put words into his mouth" in a way. And this will probably result in Pikachu having the same reaction as our pets give us, that being either confusion, annoyance, or excitement because... excitement. I'll bet this will be an Ash segment.

As for the Marshtomp segment... someone cuts a Marshtomp in half and gives Go one half?

LucasMV

So another 2 episodes in 1? Well the last time it was the most random pokemon episode ever, but not necessarily in a bad way. It was rather comical.
If they're going for comedy again, then it can work. But I don't know if they can put together a comedy plot (possibly Pikachu's) and a more serious one if the second part is Go catching Marshtomp.

Then again, Ludicolo is there based on the opening and that probably means this will be a comedy focused episode as a whole.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

I guess they finally ran out ideas (even thought Gen 8 gave them plenty to work with). Though to be fair, we should've seen it coming when it was apparent they were more interested in adapting GO than a real game...

Nah they ran out of ideas by the end of AG, hence the countless rehashed fillers since AG.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jangobadass said:

I don't see how this episode signifies that they've run out of ideas, nor do I see how it negatively impacts the Black Night plot, either. I would think that this episode being split would be seen as a good thing, or would viewers really have preferred a whole 22-minute episode about Numacraw that would inevitably include a lot of pointless scenes and possibly the Rocket-dan as an interruption? At least here the plot will be condensed.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There's nothing wrong with Pikachu, he just gets too much focus. I still like Pikachu, I just want them to calm down on his episodes and battles and let other Pokemon get some love. Especially when these random scrub PWC opponents that Ash faces could qualify as 'training' since apparently we can't see him actually train his Pokemon, but nah... let's let Pikachu fight and ignore Farfetch'd, not like Farfetch'd is evolving soon or anything

No, they had an idea...so they made it. After 1,100 episodes they're allowed to mess around with the formula and structure of episodes as much as they like.

An idea they clearly didn't think through well enough, look how many Vermilion City episodes we've got lol
They aren't making good use of Vermilion City either, it's still bland as ever outside of Surge and Cerise/Chloe living there

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder if it's a test so they can make more of those in the future. Kind of like what Yokai Watch used to do.

Red and Blue

If the previous two segment episode and this one are well received in Japan I could definitely see more of them. What I want to know is if anything non filler will be in the segments such as captures

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.

Most of the episodes have been 2-in-1 episodes anyways because of the Goh capture compilations. It doesn't take much effort on the writers part to make mindless Goh episodes. Also another Pikachu episode makes the running away episode all the more dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.