• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacuna

Goodnight
Dub as giving a name?
Nope. "Dub" as in voice-over.
(「ピカチュウアテレコ大作戦」is the Japanese title of the episode, アテレコ is the word for dubbing/voice-over if I'm not mistaken!)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mirage707 said:
Also another Pikachu episode makes the running away episode all the more dumb.

I do think it's a little needless as things stand. Maybe the summary will make the Pikachu segment seem entertaining, but right now I question why we need another Pikachu themed episode so soon after Pikachu's jealousy episode and the Thunder Stone episode.

Master Pikachu 11

I do think it's a little needless as things stand. Maybe the summary will make the Pikachu segment seem entertaining, but right now I question why we need another Pikachu themed episode so soon after Pikachu's jealousy episode and the Thunder Stone episode.
Especially when this said episode then leads into the Marshtomp episode, which is very interesting.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Nope. "Dub" as in voice-over.
(「ピカチュウアテレコ大作戦」is the Japanese title of the episode, アテレコ is the word for dubbing/voice-over if I'm not mistaken!)

Yes. "Atereco" (アテレコ) (from (wari)ateru ("to assign") + recording) specifically means to record dialogue separately to go with existing video. It's not a super common term these days, having largely been replaced with "afreco" (アフレコ) (from after recording), a broader term that just means to add audio to existing video in general.

dman_dustin

It appears prominently in the opening and it's on the poster so it's incredibly likely that someone's getting it.

I don't agree with the opening since openings add filler many times plus its multiple Marshtomp.

But I do agree the poster having Marshtomp is suspect since I feel like Centiskorch would've made more sense than a filler with Marshtomp given its 8th generation status and its more prominent role in Dmax/Gmax Galar issues. Why a random Marshtomp, it can't be that Marketable, Dracovish makes 8th generation sense.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't agree with the opening since openings add filler many times plus its multiple Marshtomp.

But I do agree the poster having Marshtomp is suspect since I feel like Centiskorch would've made more sense than a filler with Marshtomp given its 8th generation status and its more prominent role in Dmax/Gmax Galar issues. Why a random Marshtomp, it can't be that Marketable, Dracovish makes 8th generation sense.
Yeah. Marshtomp is the only Pokemon on the poster that isn't already owned by a main character, a legendary, or a Gen 8 Pokemon. Oh, and Yamper is for some reason shown with Ash's party in the opening, which is most likely a placeholder for a new Pokemon that Ash catches.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Maybe the Ditto will return and Ash's Pikachu manages to get a cameo in a movie by Koreda.

In any case, I don't mind Pikachu focus as long as the episode itself is good. And going by JN026, I'm very excited about condensed fillers.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Still thinking Marshtomp here could be a capture despite the episode format potentially debunking so although at the same time I don't think so either. Would like it if the former was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.