• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
MARSHTOMP BROS WE MIGHT FINALLY BE WINNING

edit: oh....no...
Never jump into conclusions, lesson learned. Lack of info is the key in what's to be assumed.

dman_dustin

Ok here is my theory about the Half Marshtomp episode:
(this just a general response)

Still don't why the assumption that its the protagonists that have anything to do with this episode.

The first blurb mentiond team rocket and the 2nd blurb has no subject.

Makes me think this is just s team rocket episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I just want Swampert to potentially be on Ash's rotating squad just to have it to get the love it deserves.

And tbh I'm more seeing something like this for a Swampert moveset:
-Hydro Pump/Hydro Cannon/Scald
-Mud Shot/Mud Bomb
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

This is out of how they usually make Ash's mons have both physical and special moves (and we all know Ash mons using water blasting moves are basically tradition kek). And since we almost never see much moveset diversity from it due to its lack of appearances under trainers, we can only assume it'll have at least one physical punching move (likely Fighting) according to what we have which nearly every Swampert shown as recent as possible had at least a Fighting move in the moveset.

Agreed on most of this. Muddy Water could easily be a muddy version of Hydro Pump for diversity purposes. I opted for Waterfall since I want it to standout from Palpitoad more, which already runs Hydro Pump - and Waterfall as a suped-up version of Aqua Jet on a Swampert just seems like an amazing visual.

We agree on the Ground and Rock-type moves, though I'm tired of seeing Stone Edge, so that's why I picked Rock Slide.

Considering Ash already has Lucario and Sirfetch'd I think Hammer Arm is unnecessary. Also, Go's Golurk spams it already. With Swampert's 4x Grass-type weakness in mind, it's better off running Ice Punch (I agree with you that it needs a punching move). Gengar can swap Ice Punch with Thunderpunch or any other valuable move (Poison Jab for Poison STAB, or Dazzling Gleam to deal with Dark-types and retain Ice Punch's Dragon-type coverage), but Swampert desperately needs that coverage. So either Ice Punch or Ice Beam are mandatory.

PsychoLogical

Agreed on most of this. Muddy Water could easily be a muddy version of Hydro Pump for diversity purposes. I opted for Waterfall since I want it to standout from Palpitoad more, which already runs Hydro Pump - and Waterfall as a suped-up version of Aqua Jet on a Swampert just seems like an amazing visual.

We agree on the Ground and Rock-type moves, though I'm tired of seeing Stone Edge, so that's why I picked Rock Slide.

Considering Ash already has Lucario and Sirfetch'd I think Hammer Arm is unnecessary. Also, Go's Golurk spams it already. With Swampert's 4x Grass-type weakness in mind, it's better off running Ice Punch (I agree with you that it needs a punching move). Gengar can swap Ice Punch with Thunderpunch or any other valuable move (Poison Jab for Poison STAB, or Dazzling Gleam to deal with Dark-types and retain Ice Punch's Dragon-type coverage), but Swampert desperately needs that coverage. So either Ice Punch or Ice Beam are mandatory.
Well the thing is like I said, due to lack of appearances under trainers especially in recent years since we never saw Swampert again in the main series under a trainer after AG and it's last sole appearance was in DP as a wild mon, we can't exactly fully determine what they could have a potential "Ash's Swampert" use in its moveset except for the usual ground move since it doesn't need the earth shaking moves and Mud Shot and Mud Bomb are perfect for it so either one of them will likely be there and some sort of physical move which looks likely to be some sort of move requiring its fist. Another thing to note is that idk if the anime will consider type coverage in the moveset.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Swampert's last appearance in an anime episode was as a background character in August 2008. It never even showed up in the X and Y series (movies don't count).

PsychoLogical

How to speedrun Half-Marshtomp in a minute or less.
Ash and Go walking and see Marshtomp that is stuck.
Ash: " You're stuck?"
Ash: * throws Pokeball and captures it*
Ash: see, now you're not stuck anymore :cool:
9000 IQ play

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
How to speedrun Half-Marshtomp in a minute or less.
Ash and Go walking and see Marshtomp that is stuck.
Ash: " You're stuck?"
Ash: * throws Pokeball and captures it*
Ash: see, now you're not stuck anymore :cool:
How he should have dealt with that swampert in DP years ago...

Anyway, that marshtomp looks too chill for someone “stuck”. So, what, it’ll be a whack-a-mole like episode?

Zariful

Since the Ash encounters Marshtomp is more of a guess, I won’t really look much into it. But I do think the point of part 2 will be trying to get the Marshtomp out of the ground. I guess it really depends on the preview when that happens. Like if it’s similar to Ash trying to help Dragonair, maybe that’ll be an indicator.

PsychoLogical

Since the Ash encounters Marshtomp is more of a guess, I won’t really look much into it. But I do think the point of part 2 will be trying to get the Marshtomp out of the ground. I guess it really depends on the preview when that happens. Like if it’s similar to Ash trying to help Dragonair, maybe that’ll be an indicator.
Well we can def be certain that Ludicolo from the OP is def involved with segment 2. Tho we certainly can’t tell what segment will be like except that the duo are in Hoenn again for whatever reason.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd expect Charizard or Sceptile.... But a hypothetical "Ash's Mega Swampert" would be infinitely better than Lucario

Lacuna

Goodnight
Come to think of it. Mega Swampert has never been showcased in the anime I don't think?

Now would be more than a good time than ever
I think it's shown up once, in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel - but obviously movies don't really count. It'd be really cool if it finally got a proper appearance.

Also yeah, I've been over Mega Lucario since like, 2013. Enough already.

PsychoLogical

If Ash finally gets Mega Evolution that he was shafted of in XY (which I’m surprisingly still confident that it could still happen) cause no fking Kalos mons could Mega Evolve, it’s unfortunately likely going to be Mega Lucario as the default.
Come to think of it. Mega Swampert has never been showcased in the anime I don't think?

Now would be more than a good time than ever
Nope. Swampert hasn’t even appeared in the main series since DP.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Still don't why the assumption that its the protagonists that have anything to do with this episode.

The first blurb mentiond team rocket and the 2nd blurb has no subject.

Makes me think this is just s team rocket episode.

I figured it was highly unlikely BOTH parts of this double episode would focus on the Rocket trio, but fair enough. Better?

V25YghV.jpg

Top blurb: Musashi and Kojiro dub Pikachu's voice?!
Bottom blurb: An encounter with a Numacraw that's stuck in the ground!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.