• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 16th: PM2019 041 - Operation: Dub Pikachu! / Half Numacraw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
You pretty much cursed marshtomp with that.
If it’s indeed getting caught, that is.

Somtimes, I hate how merchandise pretty much tells who is the mon that is probably joining the cast. And the lack of marshtomp merchandise tells much.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You pretty much cursed marshtomp with that.
If it’s indeed getting caught, that is.

Somtimes, I hate how merchandise pretty much tells who is the mon that is probably joining the cast.
If merch didn't often have history of foreshadowing future appearances and even captures at times then this wouldn't really be a thing. Which truth to be told... I'd prefer it if Ash's captures are kept well hidden since well... Where's the hype in getting spoiled everytime unless it's something really major.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I was interested in when would Marshtomp appear, since I was hoping Ash would get it, but now, I'm 99% it won't be caught, and if it is, will be Go the one who catches it :/

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If merch didn't often have history of foreshadowing future appearances and even captures at times then this wouldn't really be a thing. Which truth to be told... I'd prefer it if Ash's captures are kept well hidden since well... Where's the hype in getting spoiled everytime unless it's something really major.
To be fair, independent of everyone’s opinions, dragonite and g-farfetch’d captures were total surprises. One because people were waiting for dragonair. The other was a total curve ball.

PsychoLogical

To be fair, independent of everyone’s opinions, dragonite and g-farfetch’d captures were total surprises. One because people were waiting for dragonair. The other was a total curve ball.
Dragonite was technically the only total surprise. Farfetch'd was 50/50 since it was basically confirmed to be a capture but they never revealed who it was going to until it happened since a majority (including myself) thought it'll be Go's but ended up being a massive curveball.
Lowkey I’m starting to wonder if Palpitoad’s treatment might wind up being better than Farfetch’d gets
My original comment regarding Palpitoad was just me memeing about how Marshtomp could get the Palpitoad treatment of getting captured without foreshadowing or any indication which is what exactly happened when its episode aired where it was just supposed to be Oshawott learning to open its eyes in water but then that happens.

And nah, Farfetch'd will definitely be treated better far better than that thing. Palpitoad only appeared in 9 episodes in total in the BW saga while Farfetch'd will very likely get way more due to Sirfetch'd being a thing and not being the useless regular Farfetch'd.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Lowkey I’m starting to wonder if Palpitoad’s treatment might wind up being better than Farfetch’d gets
To be fair, the only things that actually weights against palpitoad was seismitoad, which was atrocious, so it wasn’t evolving, and oshawott pandering. Aside that, Ash could have literally any other thing if they intended to give him an extra, catch krokorok earlier or just catch nothing.

And, really, give a break to the duck, at least it’s on the main team and it’s most probably evolving this year too.

LucarioFTWs

I’m really excited to see how sirfetch will work in the anime. A sword and shield is something ash pokemon never had it’ll look sick

Ultra Beast Lover

I keep forgetting that Palpitoad happened. It's already a Pokemon I often forget exists, did they have to somehow make it more forgettable by giving it zero personality? The only thing I remember it doing is getting poisoned.

Anyways, I wonder why it's half a Marshtomp. Clearly it's 1/3 a Marshtomp. As for the dubbing Pikachu segment, if they do it right it could be hilarious. Have you guys seen the If Link Could Talk series? It's hilarious, even better when they get past the Breath of the Wild cutscenes. Team Rocket could make Pikachu say the most bizarre, outlandish things.

PsychoLogical

I keep forgetting that Palpitoad happened. It's already a Pokemon I often forget exists, did they have to somehow make it more forgettable by giving it zero personality? The only thing I remember it doing is getting poisoned.

Anyways, I wonder why it's half a Marshtomp. Clearly it's 1/3 a Marshtomp. As for the dubbing Pikachu segment, if they do it right it could be hilarious. Have you guys seen the If Link Could Talk series? It's hilarious, even better when they get past the Breath of the Wild cutscenes. Team Rocket could make Pikachu say the most bizarre, outlandish things.
Why bother giving it personality when it only appeared in 9 episodes in total and likely won't appear again except maybe in some small cameo later in Pokemon Journeys lmao. And yes it's 1/3 of a Marshtomp all right, a 1/3 of a Marshtomp that's ready to strangle you while smiling creepily :>
And they prob won't do it right in the Pikachu segment :>

LucarioFTWs

Why bother giving it personality when it only appeared in 9 episodes in total and likely won't appear again except maybe in some small cameo later in Pokemon Journeys lmao. And yes it's 1/3 of a Marshtomp all right, a 1/3 of a Marshtomp that's ready to strangle you while smiling creepily :>
And they prob won't do it right in the Pikachu segment :>
:> Just wanted try out the face :>

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

If you account for Palpitoad NEVER showing up out of battles, then it has still shown plenty of personality. :p In fact, that's the most memorable thing about Palpitoad: It never appeared outside of battles after being caught and the last frame of the series (the groupshot).

A lot of people think it got caught as a late change after BW23/24 got cancelled. The theory goes that Krokorok might have been captured there and would've been Ash's Ground-type/win-factor vs. Elesa. The two-parter got cancelled and then they tweaked the Stunfisk/Palpitoad-episode to feature a double capture so Ash still had a Ground-type vs. Elesa.

Personally, the most forgetable pokémon to me that Ash caught would be Aipom, Corphish or Donphan. I tend to start recalling teams from the start of a series upward until the league.
- Aipom being caught so late into AG/BF (that I didn't really follow at the time due to living in dorms at the time). And for DP I start recalling the team starting Starly -> Turtwig -> Buizel -> Chimchar -> Gligar -> Gible. And then I obviously forget that Aipom was a part of it.. :p
- Corphish: Suffers from my lack of interest in AG.
- Donphan: Lack of noteworthy appearances in OS and then AG/BF happened. Wish Ash got Phanpy as early as Goldenrod so it could've been a Donphan by the time they got to Pryce for a tusk-battle with Piloswine.

Master Pikachu 11

Dragonair only appeared on the cover of a bread or some type of food before it was captured and it then appeared in a toy merchandise after it was caught and Riolu just happened to be next to it which is what led to the Riolu speculation. Otherwise it wouldn’t surprise me if Ash does get a surprise capture that had no merchandise to foreshadow it.

PsychoLogical

Dragonair only appeared on the cover of a bread or some type of food before it was captured and it then appeared in a toy merchandise after it was caught and Riolu just happened to be next to it which is what led to the Riolu speculation. Otherwise it wouldn’t surprise me if Ash does get a surprise capture that had no merchandise to foreshadow it.
That's happened for years anyways. Did we get anything for any of the extras from the BW or OS series like Palpitoad and Krabby or for Gligar in DP? Not exactly. Not out of the question that Ash may catch something that was never foreshadowed or mentioned. It's just never really done nowadays to say the least.

PsychoLogical

Idk if I even want Satoshi to catch a Marshtomp.
Well the one benefit is that it finally gives the Mudkip line some love since it was never really fully utilized since Swampert hasn't been used in a proper trainer battle since Tucker. And it hasn't even been seen since DP at the end of that Luxio debut and Wailmer filler as a wild mon being territorial. The minor con of it is that it won't be seen until post DD arc lmao.

Lacuna

Goodnight
It's so funny to me that when we first heard of this episode everyone was so confident in a Marshtomp capture for Ash, and looking at this thread now the sentiment has shifted almost entirely to "well... it's not gonna happen but... it would be cool if it did... maybe..."

Honestly at this point I'm more excited for Operation: Dub Pikachu. At least we get a preview for next week's episode out of this. :'D

PsychoLogical

It's so funny to me that when we first heard of this episode everyone was so confident in a Marshtomp capture for Ash, and looking at this thread now the sentiment has shifted almost entirely to "well... it's not gonna happen but... it would be cool if it did... maybe..."

Honestly at this point I'm more excited for Operation: Dub Pikachu. At least we get a preview for next week's episode out of this. :'D
Not entirely confident. Just assumptions really.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

Because it’ll hurt less when the episode ends with no capture at all. It’s good keep the expectations low. People learned with golurk, sobble and flygon.

PsychoLogical

Because it’ll hurt less when the episode ends with no capture at all. It’s good keep the expectations low. People learned with golurk, sobble and flygon.
More like just Sobble and Flygon. Who tf ever thought Golurk was going to be with Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.