• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 17th: XY002 - Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Man, I really hope YTV airs this. They've gotten better handling the series and they've started airing the movies on the dame premiere day as the US, but I care much more for XY1 and 2. Seeing as how the UK is doing it too, I don't see why Canada wouldn't be able to.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
True that. No matter how many older people on the internet are complaining, if the japanese schoolchildren who watch the show are happy with it, then all is well.

And for what it's worth, I've enjoyed DA so far as well. It's damned fun, is what it is. I can understand the complaints about the lack of development, but since it's only a small sub-arc rather than an entire saga that's like this, I don't see a problem.

Watch out who you're calling older.. Some might take offense.. I'm watching you.. -.0

The problem with Da is that, even if it may seem like a 'small sub-arc' to you, it's still TWENTY episodes. During the regular arc, we had THREE!!! gyms during that time span. We had a rushed league! An underdeveloped team! There's nothing but a problem about DA. Had they given TWO episodes to the league, it would've been a whole lot better, and then they had EIGHTEEN episodes more to develop the currently underdeveloped team.

Heck, they could've given Cilan some actual development with that time, but they chose to stick us with Da, that contributed absolutely nothing, and is just a testimony to how incredibly bad this series was written.

This isn't bashing. You couldn't see the problem, yet you claim to understand the complaints, so I explain it again. Look at what happened during some of the episodes between the seventh and the eighth gym in Sinnoh. That was a large gap, but stuff happened: The GF, E4, Evolutions, Captures, Rival Battles, Battle Frontier Brain, Legendary pokemon (granted, Da had Jirachi). Da was approximately half that length, but had only TWO events that came remotely close, and that was the subpar Jirachi-episode, and an episode with Claire in which she didn't do a whole lot either. Aside from Kalos pokemon/Alexa debuting, the latter half is really worthless as well.

Man, I really hope YTV airs this. They've gotten better handling the series and they've started airing the movies on the dame premiere day as the US, but I care much more for XY1 and 2. Seeing as how the UK is doing it too, I don't see why Canada wouldn't be able to.

Why can't the Netherlands join in on the party as well?

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
I can't remember... Did DP have a early sneak peek thing while the Battle Frontier was still airing? Or did it just get that long-extended debut after Battle Frontier was over?

I remember the AG preview during Master Quest but DP's draws a blank for me

HoennMaster

THe first three episodes aired in a mini-movie format two months before the season premiered officially but it was after Battle Frontier ended.

NPT

Just a member
CoroCoro has confirmed that there will be a one hour special for the first two episodes on October 17th. These episodes are then being aired worldwide on October 19th

Worldwide airing of the first two episodes of the XY series....only two days after it's Japanese airing? Cool!

Whoa, Serena is going to be in the anime? Great! Now I'm even more excited for the airing of the first two episodes.

Last edited:

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Worldwide airing of the first two episode of the XY series? Cool!

Whoa, Serena is going to be in the anime? Great!Now I'm even more excited for the airing of the first two episodes.

Prof Sycamore got some sexy legs in that one picture;)

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Can´t wait for this day to happen! Amazing! I need a trailer fast! -.- can´t wait till sunday!

SlimeStack

Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and Dedenne. Great team! Wobbuffet is back, yay! Also seems to be a female professor with the starters. Maybe this is how Serena gets hers? It would also explain how Ash can begin in Lumiose City meeting Sycamore while Serena can begin in Vaniville Town as a new trainer.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey Serebii, what is the 3 about under the first set of pics?? What's happening on the third??

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah is Sycarmore wearing highheels...maybe Sycamore is a crossdresser. That would actually be awesome. now if only Team Rocket went back to it..

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You mean the 3 to the right of the picture of the three starters? That 3 is just referring to the number of starters.

Teh one in red...

Haunter ゴースト

As with every series poster, this looks great. I'm unsure on how to feel about the companions - i'm pleased it's a group of four again, clemont is a little weird i hope he doesn't have the claw thing with him i'm glad the writers changed his appearance to actually look normal for the anime.

As for everything else - the animation looks great, Ash's costume is great, so far no signs of him being too immature or stupid has revealed so hopefully he represents his AG/DP self. Looks like Mega Evolutions are going to be a serious plot in the series too - hopefully it works out. TR vs TP was the serious plot of BW in my eyes although it was unfortunately pulled from happening. After that things just went more separately with little build up.

From the start of BW i was interested, but I always had major doubts starting right from Ash's new outfit (which is personally my least favourite ever), his eyes changing was a shock at first but i got used to that easily. The fact BW's first half tried to stray away from the original anime material and tried to act different killed a lot too.

This time things look better - i don't want to get my hopes up but it looks good so far. I planned to quit after BW but i'm debating staying to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.