• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 17th: XY002 - Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

a surprising selection for a primarily electric trainer but should be interesting.

Well, seeing as how only one gym leader that has traveled with Ash has stuck to their type specialty, eh hem Misty, it's not really all that shocking.

On a different not, I'd like to say that others have mentioned that this series makes Ash look a bit more mature. I personally think this series will return more to the DP approach to Ash, heck it may even pick up where DP left off. With the size of how much is in this generation, I feel like this Anime series may be longer the BW was, the region is even bigger looking. Especially if Ash is traveling with Serena whom is just starting out, and Bonnie whom is likely to have the Max-style role. Ash is now the senior member of the group, Brock isn't there to fill that role.

I also think this series stands a good chance at boosting the ratings of the show again, as other people have mentioned the drop during the end of BW. I feel it will help if the writers aim for more cross-over appeal to a mature audience.

There's also a strong hint at this being the generation that so many have waited for, a fully evolved water starter on Ash's team.

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I guessed already Bunnelby as a choice for Clemont, cause it is normal type and appears to be the HM slave of the generation and can learn different moves. Also it seems to be the powerhouse in Clemont´s team and Dedenne is the cutie.

In the game Clemont as probably the 2nd gym leader will have 1-2 Dedenne and Bunnelby.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Bunnelby seems like an odd choice for Clemont... I wonder if he's going to turn out to be a gym leader in training or someone who only recently became a gym leader, who has some of his old team still around. Or maybe he just has it because Bonnie likes it.

The fact that there's an actual VS screen in the anime just seems weird, too. Here's hoping it's either tongue-in-cheek or the effect is used in a way that doesn't just look like "hay look we're being 'faithful' to the games!". That sort of stuff always bugs me when it shows up in the various manga or in fanworks, and I'd hate to see it in the anime. >>

SlimeStack

Wish I could get a clearer shot of Team Rocket, been a long time since we've seen them animated anywhere close to decently.

I do wonder what they're going to be doing this series. I mean at the start of Best Wishes the first 4 or 5 episodes can be summed up as "Ash and friends _________. But then suddenly, Team Rocket...!?", and they ended up being really serious for a while. So even with Wobbuffet we can't say for sure what they're up to. Giovanni is presumably appearing somewhere, so maybe he's going to give them a new mission and they'll pull it off as their goofy selves kinda like Episode N except goofier, which would be perfect.

As for Clemont having Bunnelby, that is quite odd. Misty, Brock and Cilan did end up catching Pokémon that weren't part of their type (I'm talking Togepi if anyone is wondering about Misty!), but when they debuted as gym leaders they only had their own type. Clemont seems to break that trend. I guess it's kinda nice not having him bound to one type despite being a gym leader, it'll make his early captures less random.

Edit: I think it's also possible that Clemont refuses to use his official electric team against Ash because he doesn't want to challenge him to a gym battle yet.

Last edited:

crobatman

Or maybe his specialty is Electric attacks too. Some non-electric types can learn Thunderbolt. Volkner had an ambipom in diamond and pearl.

AcethePuma

FireFist
Loli know it's unlikely but I'd laugh my *** off, if ash breaks clemonts aipom arm when he lands/is caught and clemont pulls another misty so he follows ash to get new parts.... Sorry just a unlikely thought ^^ other than that I look forward to the new episodes ash looks older and tougher

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Bunnelby seems like an odd choice for Clemont... I wonder if he's going to turn out to be a gym leader in training or someone who only recently became a gym leader, who has some of his old team still around. Or maybe he just has it because Bonnie likes it.

The fact that there's an actual VS screen in the anime just seems weird, too. Here's hoping it's either tongue-in-cheek or the effect is used in a way that doesn't just look like "hay look we're being 'faithful' to the games!". That sort of stuff always bugs me when it shows up in the various manga or in fanworks, and I'd hate to see it in the anime. >>

The vs screen thing could be an inside or outside Screen. Like maybe he has a big flat screen in the gym where U can see the screenshots.

Lucas MV

Damn, Ash looks so epic when facing Garchomp in that preview. Congrats writers, you've managed to get my hopes up again. :D

Honeyichigo

The manliest
The vs screen thing could be an inside or outside Screen. Like maybe he has a big flat screen in the gym where U can see the screenshots.

That's one way to include it that would make sense on its own, certainly. It doesn't really look like a screen, though- usually those have a more washed out look.

BlueDragonfangirl

Damn, Ash looks so epic when facing Garchomp in that preview. Congrats writers, you've managed to get my hopes up again. :D

Really does seem like he's back to his AG / DP self judging by the previews doesn't it :)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm kinda interested in the Serena/Ash thing. So she knew him as a kid? I wonder if she will be showing romantic interest in him (secretly of course) throughout this saga?! That would definitely be a first in Pokemon history of a traveling female character secretly crushing on Ash and the whole Pokeshipping thing is pretty much thrown out the window!

And im not trying to hear about "What about Misty" or "Misty was this and that...." Because we hardly even seen her show interest in him openly like Serena may do.

I think the writers are tying to make Serena almost like Leaf from the games. She might even know Gary as a result of the whole Red/Green Kanto movie thing. I think this has little to do about shipping. Plus, she looks almost like she could come off as similar look to Leaf in some way.

Luthor

Being a normal type Bunnelby probably has a variety of moves that it can use Electric being one of them.

well it could well learn some electric moves but it does have a lot of references to ground type(it can learn dig and mud slap and is the digging pokemon hence why alot of people think it might evolve into a normal/ground) so that might exclude it from certain electric moves. But regardless it is interesting that he will diversify what seems to be fairly early on.

RickHoenn

Banned
Yay for the blue blob! :p

Can't wait for October 17th! I have high hopes for XY, Ash, his drawing, definitely looks more mature.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I am so interested in the new XY anime. Serena seems to know Ash? Wow! That is just really interesting to me. I really wonder why they decided to go that direction. Anyone else shocked?

BlueDragonfangirl

Yay for the blue blob! :p

Can't wait for October 17th! I have high hopes for XY, Ash, his drawing, definitely looks more mature.

Yah, animation is doing a really good job with him this series, he just looks so much more older and mature than BW series :)

Sera X and Y seems to be really trying here, yah it's never been done. Wonder why they waited so long for this? Oh well, happy we are finally getting some thing on Ash's past :)

Status
Not open for further replies.