• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 1st: PM2019 082 - Mawhip's Super Sweet Battle?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Satoshi has got a call from Poplar, the Gym Leader in Arabesque Town, who tells him she's sponsoring a special tournament that both Dande and Kibana are going to enter, and that she'd like him and his friends to take part in as well. Satoshi is super enthused about getting to battle Dande again, but believe it or not, it turns out this tournament is an "All-Mawhip Decoration Tournament" where you team up with a Mawhip and decorate cakes.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)
Went from being hyped to very unenthused as I read that summary that's pretty impressive lol

Oh well it's not a battle tournament, still interested though

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Will Rahian and Leon participate or was it just Opal's bite?

In any case, it is too rare that Opal invites them to this place considering that they only had a few seconds of interaction in that koharu episode
That’s my first reaction as well. Apparently the little interaction they had was enough for opal to remember them, have their contact info, and made her want to invite them?

Chano

Unironically exited for this episode, I'm tired of Leon just stomping everyone with his inflated Charizard so seeing him doing something so different like this is interesting, that and Opal being my favorite Galar Leader
They're making the top 2 Galar trainers bake cakes.
They already battled anyway, and obviously Leon won, and he will win every time

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Actually giving a second thought, we could get some humanizing moments for Dande, the world champ and Kibana. Maybe flashbacks to their childhoods being cared for by Poplar. Some real interactions and moments not tied to their strength as battlers and rivals.

Also Poplar’s town has the prettiest design of the SWSH games so there’s that as well. Probably too much to ask for a silhouette of gym leader Beet….

D

Deleted member 384931

Satoshi has got a call from Poplar, the Gym Leader in Arabesque Town, who tells him she's sponsoring a special tournament that both Dande and Kibana are going to enter, and that she'd like him and his friends to take part in as well. Satoshi is super enthused about getting to battle Dande again, but believe it or not, it turns out this tournament is an "All-Mawhip Decoration Tournament" where you team up with a Mawhip and decorate cakes.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)
Lol. Image Satoshi catching Alcremie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Opal's back and... it's a cake competition. -_-
80 episodes in and Ash STILL has yet to face anyone other than Bea, this is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous!

I'm sick of waiting on Marnie, Bede, Nessa and Kabu

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So out of Ash's Galar Rivals, the one who'd make the most sense to be here isn't mentioned. OK.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I wonder who'll voice Raihan. If he appears at all. Reminder that both him and Leon haven't appeared since the Darkest Day arc. Their highlights are opening appearances and magazine illustrations, nothing really interesting in the anime.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Let Ash's Lucario bake so we see its total indifference to pastries it somehow gained from evolving because apparently a wild animal is somehow smart enough without proper social understanding to tell that eating sweets is too childish.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
They’re literally feeding the fujos lol

I’m actually fine with this episode since JN has been awful with Galar representation. Why isn’t Bea, the one with a sweet tooth and from the town closest to Ballonlea, not here though? Her last appearance had established that for me.

If Sonia appears I could see them referencing those notes she took about her & Leon. Also wondering if she’s going to mention her looking for a successor and indirectly hint at Bede. Ash and Raihan better have some interaction

Leonhart

Imagineer
While I'm glad to see some focus on a Gen VIII species, and Mawhip receiving focus after all the Mawhip merchandise that we've seen was long overdue, I find the premise of the episode quite silly and wasteful. I'd rather see Mawhip used in a serious battle than in a decoration competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.