• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 1st: PM2019 082 - Mawhip's Super Sweet Battle?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Same here.

Episode sounds straight up bait for the Leon and Raihan fangirls (and fanboys) who wants more of their "husbandos", specially if it's non battle related.

It's probably raining fanarts of one giving the Alcreamie cake to the other or a variation of it. Even more of them with the cooking outfit lol
Ikr? Having the currently popular husbandos do something domestic is definitely a bait for their legion of fans.

I’ve already seen at least one picture of leon covered in cream with an apron, and i expect more for both will pop up after the episode airs.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Omode: The staff has a solid grasp on how to write Satoshi now, so his characterization is fairly consistent between episodes.
giphy.gif

LazySpy

Kimty
Q: When you said Satoshi's characterization was consistent, what were you specifically referring to?
Omode: That'd be his love for Pokémon, wouldn't it? It's a really extraordinary love. He will always put Pokémon above all else and he will always believe in Pokémon. As long as this remains the core of his characterization it should always stay consistent.
Okay, so this is a very bad attempt at claryfying this.

First off,
JN30 and 17 of the top of my head contradict this.
Second, Ash Ketchum has so much beyond "extraordinary love for Pokemon".

What about his strong sense of justice and morality, what about his experience and ability to form clever tactics under pressure, his desire to help other people, his altruism (which, again, is contradicted in Inteleon evolution episode when he doesn't help Goh), and so much more?

Not gonna stand behind the writers reducing his character to this one trait and ignoring the fact they contradict his character beyond it, I'm sorry.
You don't just have him love Pokemon and say he's consistent just because of it while confidently forcing him to crawl on the floor as he screams for data and stand helplessly on a tower as his friend is getting beaten.

And I say all of that as a guy who doesn't even like Ash... What in the everloving f*ck.

I'm sorry, what. x10.

This sounds extremely concerning, even if now they allegedly learned how to do him right after 20 years.
Ironically SM and JN are steamrolling his original character traits, especially JN

RafaSceptile

I don't think it's that big a deal, it is stupid however and I will bring it up when it's relevant to context.
It is not relevant anywhere, is a damn joke, people is not supposed to take it seriously but you guys are doing big drama for nothing, especially when that episode has actual reasons to have valid complain.

LazySpy

Kimty
It is not relevant anywhere, is a damn joke, people is not supposed to take it seriously but you guys are doing big drama for nothing, especially when that episode has actual reasons to have valid complain.
How is my post doing big drama over it? I just bring it up in passing along with other arguments lmao
And yes it is relevant when talking about Ash's characterization.

When deconstructing a character, everything a character does, however insignificant, matters. That's the whole point of having a conversation on character.

Let me use an example: In Black Widow, Natasha's sister, Yalena, banters with Natasha and makes a joke about how Natasha usually makes a specific pose when fighting. She says this, along with many other stuff, in front of an innocent person who would consider Natasha a person wanted by the United States.

This seemingly irrelevant joke tells us a lot about her character. First off it indicates she was looking up information on her sister. Which would mean she would know she was wanted for her crimes. Which would affect her decisions in the first act in ways which wouldn't allow the movie to happen the way it does.

The second thing worth mentioning is Yalena spend years being mindcontrolled. She essentialy had her entire life taken from her so it's bizzare to watch her casually banter after being restored from it and seperated from Nat for years.

Third thing is the fact that she does it in front of a person who as far as she knows may very well want to report her and Natasha considering their status in the world. Which would obviously f*ck them both over.

See how much can be squeezed out of one line? One joke? The whole premise of the movie litelary falls apart because of small bits of dialogue that indicate Yalena has information which affects the plot completelly. But by your logic this would be irrelevant because joke. 'K.

Of course, Ash's line about data doesn't have as profound effect on the plot as Yalena being somehow unaware of Natasha's status despite following news about her but that doesn't mean it can't be taken seriously for the sake of an argument.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.