• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 20th: SM144 - The Greatest Z in Alola! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
With no experience on how to use it properly, especially under a trainer
That doesn’t make it a weak or bad Pokemon. Plenty of Pokemon are caught strong or can battle effectively under a new trainer. But that’s besides the point since Bebenom worked with the Ultra Guardians under Satoshi’s care, learning Fury Attack, never having an issue working with Satoshi or listening to him (helping with the fireworks show or fighting off Skull) and they have a healthy relationship and bond. So it’s not a brand new trainer or anything new.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
That doesn’t make it a weak or bad Pokemon. Plenty of Pokemon are caught strong or can battle effectively under a new trainer. But that’s besides the point since Bebenom worked with the Ultra Guardians under Satoshi’s care, learning Fury Attack, never having an issue working with Satoshi or listening to him (helping with the fireworks show or fighting off Skull) and they have a healthy relationship and bond. So it’s not a brand new trainer or anything new.
0.1 of a battle doesn't mean you're suddenly league material, evolved or not

Excuse me if I'd like good writing for the end of a saga

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
0.1 of a battle doesn't mean you're suddenly league material, evolved or not

Excuse me if I'd like good writing for the end of a saga
It’s an Ultra Beast, they’re canonically strong Pokemon and it came back with Thunderbolt in its arsenal (clearly having trained to learn Pikachu’s signature move) and already is familiar with Satoshi as a trainer. You said it shouldn’t battle properly under a trainer with no experience which is false since Satoshi was its trainer for quite some time and they did communicate and work together.

Of course they’re going to demonstrate a good fight and battle in the most hyped and important penultimate battle of the series, why not?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It’s an Ultra Beast, they’re canonically strong Pokemon and it came back with Thunderbolt in its arsenal (clearly having trained to learn Pikachu’s signature move) and already is familiar with Satoshi as a trainer. You said it shouldn’t battle properly under a trainer with no experience which is false since Satoshi was its trainer for quite some time and they did communicate and work together.

Of course they’re going to demonstrate a good fight and battle in the most hyped and important penultimate battle of the series, why not?

Goodra has a base stat of 600 which is higher than poipole that still didn't stopped it from flopping the league and it even had one gym win under its belt, compared to that poipole was basically standing there for 20+ episodes doing nothing, if writers want to make him flop it will lose no matter what, melmetal despite being a mythical was underwhelming.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Goodra has a base stat of 600 which is higher than poipole that still didn't stopped it from flopping the league and it even had one gym win under its belt, compared to that poipole was basically standing there for 20+ episodes doing nothing, if writers want to make him flop it will lose no matter what, melmetal despite being a mythical was underwhelming.
Melmetal carried his weight in his short run though (both before and after evolving), softening Silvally up enough for Pika to beat him in one hit, as well as no selling Empoleon's attacks. As for Naganadel, while I don't want one of Ash's mons to have an actual 0% win rate, I'm fine if he flops because he has little experience (I'm expecting a draw, even if I'd like him to beat Lucario and do a tad bit of damage to Incineroar)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Do you have to bring up XY in EVERY. SINGLE. S&M THREAD.

Give it a rest man.

You completely missed the whole point of my reply that there’s no reason for Agoyon to battle badly or have poor teamwork with Satoshi since they aren’t brand new to each other. They bonded and did work together in UG missions usually and it did learn Fury Attack under his care. That completely went over your head because you have to powerwank about XY in every single discussion. Seriously if you want XY just GO WATCH XY.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Honestly. Just because something happened in XY doesn't mean that something will happen in SM. Goodra flopping in the league was bad writing so please do not use that as a basis for naganadel. Heck why the hell do you always use XY as a basis for anything SM does. Like the above person pointed out naganadel and Ash have a bond, a huge bond. That's one of the most important things a trainer should know. Plus poipole obviously trained. It may not have that much experience battling under ash but their bond and his training should easily make ash win against atleast one Pokemon with naganadel. I swear if poipole just came back, threw some paint at guzzlord and then evolved you guys wouldn't care lol. I remember how before melmetal battle happened everyone was like this is unfair (how, fricking how) and that he should lose and when he did everyone was like aw how pathetic. Hypocrites. No pleasing them.

dman_dustin

Holy crap do they want to go all out in this battle.

With no experience on how to use it properly, especially under a trainer

Does it necessarily need that experience with a trainer?

And by that, shouldn't it be used to its power given that it evolved to begin with, likely training against the other Poipole and potential Naganadel. I mean that's what Ash's Charizard did.

The constant thing they tend to mention, is that a skilled trainer will draw out their Pokemon's strength. Ash tends to know his Pokemon well enough even when he doesn't battle or train them extensively.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Ash will lose this right? Tapu Koko is seen perfectly fine with the rest of the Tapus...

But Naganadel might soften Tapu Koko before Pikachu gets a chance... I hope it's just a dizzy-level damage, like the one Pikachu got against Empoleon...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok Ash has to win this. They've been teasing this Pikachu vs Tapu Koko battle since legit episode one, come on Ash, bring it home!!!

Also Pelipper is such a underwhelming pokemon I kind of wanted to see Pikachu fry him lol.

TheScentedApple

Just wow, the preview for this episode looks insane, this is where the whole shows budget has gone jeez. Very happy that Naganadel is getting a chance to shine here and using Sludge Bomb as well! I can't figure out what the move Tapu Koko uses in the extra bit of the preview against Naganadel, maybe Steel Wing? I can't imagine it's False Swipe (but it would be cool considering Kukui gives you False Swipe in the games but alas) but there nothing else Tapu Koko really learns

dman_dustin

Reactions: JD
Status
Not open for further replies.