• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 20th: SM144 - The Greatest Z in Alola! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well this all felt inevitable... although I suppose it's a good thing that it's not officially apart of Ash's match with Kakui.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So if this is a different match then I don't see the writers letting ash beat kukui twice.

So which match does he win and whixh does he lose?

Although I suppose a tie and a loss/win could work as well

ShadowForce720

So if this is a different match then I don't see the writers letting ash beat kukui twice.

Actually it's not really about beating Kukui twice, if Ash's wins the full battle then he has officially beaten Kukui. That doesn't have any impact on whether or not Ash wins here because this is an entirely different match, and this match is more about Ash battling Tapu Koko then Kukui, likely the only reason Tapu Koko asked Kukui to partner with it, is so that it can use it's Z-move. So really you could have a situation where Ash beats Kukui in the full battle and then beats Tapu Koko here.

Red and Blue

So Tapu Koko isnt the sixth Pokemon and just arrived after the match concludes? Assuming Pikachu defeats Talu Koko I gave a feeling Torracat ended up losing

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

This is probably just because it can't use a Z-Move on its own. I don't think Kukui will be doing much commanding, though I could be wrong.

Red and Blue

The only "official" battle Ash has had with a wild legend that didn't involve a trainer was against Ho-Oh in M20.
Every other legend Ash or Pikachu has officially battled or defeated featured a trainer giving the Pokemon orders.

Pokemon CAN use Z-Moves on their own, as Marshadow did in M20. But I think both elements will be at play here: needing the trainer and filling in Kukui's 6th team slot.
But the summary for 143 states it comes down to Incineroar and Torracat implying that Pikachu already lost. And we saw on the scoreboard Kukui already has a full team

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I find it even less believable that Kakui would fail to Mega Evolve him from that start against Guzzlord...

No way it is mega evolving, they would have hyped mega lucario in the trailer if it was present, not to mention a mega pokemon will take away the spotlight from the other pokemon besides it would be unfair to have both z move and mega evolution in the same match and the other one dont have any equivalent to it.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
The only "official" battle Ash has had with a wild legend that didn't involve a trainer was against Ho-Oh in M20.
Every other legend Ash or Pikachu has officially battled or defeated featured a trainer giving the Pokemon orders.
I can see why you specified "official" battles as some of his battles with legendaries (ie XY) were left without a conclusion.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I’m happy they’re taking their time and making this battle right, it’s weird how people complain of characters not having full teams and there’s being no full battle and the writers take the time to flesh out the biggest battle of the series and end things with a bang and that’s an issue? I like good battles, S&M not only wants to end this battle thematically but in an honest and entertaining manner and that’s good for me. In the end everyone gets to beat their rival, Lugarugan v. Lugarugan, Mukuroh v. Junaiper, Nyaheat v. Gaogaen and Pikachu v. Tapu Koko. Plus for once we get a full battle where no Pokemon feels like a “jobber.”

Whether Lugarugan gets a win or not he got to put a hurting on Gaogaen and soften him up enough for his best buddy, Nyaheat to finish the fight later and that was a cool moment for the Pokemon that just won Satoshi the Alola League. There’s no shame in that because the writers are taking their time and treating the Pokemon and battle with a proper amount of grandeur. A fair amount of on the fly thinking and consideration with switching that portrays Kukui as being a powerful trainer easily on the E4 spectrum. But it’s even more incredible that Pikachu may get to end S&M with his first legendary win since...Latios like 10 years ago?

S&M was good to Pikachu and if he beats Tapu Koko it feels validating for those who felt he should be the one to win Satoshi his “first league.” Plus the Battle last episode didn’t start until half way through the episode anyway. I don’t like full battles being full of double KOs and rushed two-shots which pretty much most or nearly all are. Thinking back to how rushed Hoenn, Jouto, Isshu, and Kalos where in that regard which Sinnoh somewhat parries thanks to it being three episodes but then it screws up that with Darkrai next episode.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No way it is mega evolving, they would have hyped mega lucario in the trailer if it was present, not to mention a mega pokemon will take away the spotlight from the other pokemon besides it would be unfair to have both z move and mega evolution in the same match and the other one dont have any equivalent to it.
The fight is a 3 parter, so ML could happen in 143

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
A fair amount of on the fly thinking and consideration with switching that portrays Kukui as being a powerful trainer easily on the E4 spectrum. But it’s even more incredible that Pikachu may get to end S&M with his first legendary win since...Latios like 10 years ago?

Kukui has not shown anything that merits it anywhere near E4 spectrum, he maybe the strongest trainer in alola but alolan trainers are weaker than trainers from other regions. The only trainers who could challenge top trainers from other regions are kukui and guzma who are nowhere near E4 level. At best he is around frontier brains level.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Kukui has not shown anything that merits it anywhere near E4 spectrum, he maybe the strongest trainer in alola but alolan trainers are weaker than trainers from other regions. The only trainers who could challenge top trainers from other regions are kukui and guzma who are nowhere near E4 level. At best he is around frontier brains level.
Bro. That’s just like your opinion.

I
consider Kukui near E4-tier from what I’ve seen and the lore, buildup and narrative surrounding the character. If you don’t that’s fine but it’s all down to one’s own subjectivity.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hahaha! My prediction was correct.

This is the perfect way to end this battle.

Pokemon CAN use Z-Moves on their own, as Marshadow did in M20.

I wouldn't take movies as gospel.

Remember that out of the four movies with Mega Evolution, the only one that portrayed Mega Evolution accurately was the Magearna one.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Bro. That’s just like your opinion.

I
consider Kukui near E4-tier from what I’ve seen and the lore, buildup and narrative surrounding the character. If you don’t that’s fine but it’s all down to one’s own subjectivity.

Still dont know what has he done to be considered E4 level and the only narrative is he is strongest trainer in alola but alola do not even have standards of battlers as compared to other regions, by the way i would like to know how much you consider trial kahunas as compared to gyms after seeing brock vs olympia.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
This was coming. And because of this reveal, I guess Ash beating kukui gets more likely, as intead of kukui, losing to Tapu koko could be the motivation for Ash to travel the other region.

dman_dustin

When Tapu Koko shows up to fight, the crowd is either gonna lose it, or start sweating and wondering if they can still make it to work on time. This is like, over double the length of the usual leagues (not that I mind, Sun and Moon had a battle deficiency that this is helping make up for.)

With the compression of time, it's truly hard to know if Alola really does have the longest league than anyone else if only because the other leagues cut out so much that wasn't the case with this league.

It has MORE episodes than any other league, but that's irrelevant to the actual time spent within a league.

I find it even less believable that Kakui would fail to Mega Evolve him from that start against Guzzlord...
A combination of he didn't have time to, on top of underestimating Guzzlord's raw strength.

Can't mega evolve a Pokemon that's knocked out after all.

andrewscott48209

With the compression of time, it's truly hard to know if Alola really does have the longest league than anyone else if only because the other leagues cut out so much that wasn't the case with this league.

It has MORE episodes than any other league, but that's irrelevant to the actual time spent within a league.

A combination of he didn't have time to, on top of underestimating Guzzlord's raw strength.

Can't mega evolve a Pokemon that's knocked out after all.
We do know that the Alola league took six Alolan days to complete. The first day was the battle Royale, the second day were the top 16 matches, the third day were the quarterfinal matches, the fourth day were the Semifinal matches, the fifth day was the final match, and the sixth day was the exhibition match.

Status
Not open for further replies.