• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 20th: SM144 - The Greatest Z in Alola! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I hope Pikachu uses 10 million Volt vs Tapu Koko. The summary implies we're getting a Gigavolt Havoc clash, but it would be a waste of opportunity
It probably will be 10 million volt since Gigavolt havoc was already used against Guzzlord two episodes ago

dman_dustin

Again, no? When did I ever say this lol

You literally said this: "If I'm watching Pokemon I already know the dialogue isn't gonna be Game of Thrones tier, a lot of time characters will state the obvious or justify flimsy strategies, this isn't a XY only problem..." and then you got a response about if you were joking and then responded to which I replied.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to ask here or say, but you did say characters WILL state the obvious or justify flimsy strategies. And you did say "Basic commentary from the side characters stating the obvious during battles is such a basic staple of the anime"

I don't understand why you didn't understand that I was responding to that.

I think maybe you need to ask more detailed questions, maybe, or you can ignore me, because otherwise I am apparently as confused as you are.

Soniman

Break the Limit
You literally said this: "If I'm watching Pokemon I already know the dialogue isn't gonna be Game of Thrones tier, a lot of time characters will state the obvious or justify flimsy strategies, this isn't a XY only problem..." and then you got a response about if you were joking and then responded to which I replied.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to ask here or say, but you did say characters WILL state the obvious or justify flimsy strategies. And you did say "Basic commentary from the side characters stating the obvious during battles is such a basic staple of the anime"

I don't understand why you didn't understand that I was responding to that.

I think maybe you need to ask more detailed questions, maybe, or you can ignore me, because otherwise I am apparently as confused as you are.
Uhh yeah I think things got mixed up somewhere. Though I'm not all to interested in continuing the debate so we can just leave it at that lol

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope Pikachu uses 10 million Volt vs Tapu Koko. The summary implies we're getting a Gigavolt Havoc clash, but it would be a waste of opportunity
Imagine if Kukui starts to use the Electrium-Z, but Koko swaps it out for Tapunium-Z and Ash's Electrium-Z permanently gets upgraded to its Pikashunium-Z form (also by Koko).

dman_dustin

Uhh yeah I think things got mixed up somewhere. Though I'm not all to interested in continuing the debate so we can just leave it at that lol

You know what let me just summarize my point instead of trying to explain myself.
You are criticizing the writing of the show making the argument that the characters are stating obvious things.

My point was "Obvious to whom?" The show wasn't just written for you. What's obvious to you isn't obvious to other people.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
What are the odds of Pikachu winning this fight.I personally think even with his special Z move the odds aren't in his favor

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What are the odds of Pikachu winning this fight.I personally think even with his special Z move the odds aren't in his favor
Well, they clashed evenly in SM100, so I can see pika winning

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
true but wasn't the battle called off when Pikachu almost fell off a cliff and Tapu Koko saved him.Pikachu would've fainted or even been killed had Koko not saved him so I think that counts a win for him.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
true but wasn't the battle called off when Pikachu almost fell off a cliff and Tapu Koko saved him.Pikachu would've fainted or even been killed had Koko not saved him so I think that counts a win for him.
That's sm19, sm100 was the zeraora 2 parter, which was kicked off by pika and koko clashing evenly with thunderbolt and discharge

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Oh yeah my bad so sm144 will be the fourth battle Pikachu has with Tapu Koko first was in sm02 second in sm19 third in sm100 and the fourth in sm144

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Continuously disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum
also Pikachu technically hasn't lost to him yet the first two battles Tapu Koko simply flew away and the third was interrupted when discharge and thunderbolt collided sending Ash and Pikachu to a alternate dimension

dman_dustin

Episode confirmed that Tapu Koko isn't actually Kukui's 6th Pokemon, or not technically his 6th Pokemon but that he actually will use it as his 6th.

What I mean by that is that there are only two possible explanations:

1. Kukui asked Tapu Koko to be his 6th Pokemon to face off against Ash and is waiting to be called out.

2. Kukui has a 6th Pokemon that he's ready to call out but Tapu Koko intervenes and wants to fight with Kukui to fight against Ash.

Tapu Koko being Kukui's 6th Pokemon makes me believe Ash would've won the match, if not for Tapu Koko's likely intervention. And thus why Ash loses the battle.

Or I am wrong and they want Pikachu to beat Tapu Koko.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I feel like the magazine mentioned we would see Kukui's 6th pokemon though so if it's not Tapu Koko, they will at least show the 6th even if it doesn't battle.

I think it would be cool if Tapu Koko is Kukui's pokemon though. It makes sense to just let him do his own thing since he's the island guardian and it would be nice to see that Kukui really took an interest in Ash from the very beginning.

dman_dustin

I feel like the magazine mentioned we would see Kukui's 6th pokemon though so if it's not Tapu Koko, they will at least show the 6th even if it doesn't battle.

I think it would be cool if Tapu Koko is Kukui's pokemon though. It makes sense to just let him do his own thing since he's the island guardian and it would be nice to see that Kukui really took an interest in Ash from the very beginning.

Depending on how it goes down, I don't necessarily agree.

If Kukui asked Tapu Koko then that resolves that issue, if Tapu Koko intervenes then I'm not sure either.

I think the point was what WILL Kukui use as his 6th Pokemon, not what is his 6th Pokemon will be (if Koko does intervene).

He may show it anyway, hopefully, but under the assumption Ash wins or loses, Kukui might smile and say "You'll have to battle me and find out"

That's all under the assumption he didn't already ask Tapu Koko.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Being capricious is a consistent trait between all the tapu.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes Kukui's sixth's place. It's not like he can say no. It's worshiped as a god, after all.

Plus, since Ash beat the League, it'd be a nice reference to how Tapu Koko is the final opponent in vanilla SM.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So any reason to believe this isnt going to be a terrible episode?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Just to think of it, reason why Kukui has Electrium Z.... because of Tapu Koko. So this will be Electrium Z vs Electrium Z, kinda boring but I think Pikachu will do here 10MV.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Just to think of it, reason why Kukui has Electrium Z.... because of Tapu Koko. So this will be Electrium Z vs Electrium Z, kinda boring but I think Pikachu will do here 10MV.

Makes sense but they haven't yet explained how does 10 MV works, so far it has become a luxury z move which is introduced whenever plot demands it and this is the pikachu's most important and toughest match in alola so it has to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.