• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 20th: SM144 - The Greatest Z in Alola! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Because it's a battle that has been set up for over 100 episodes and may give us legend slayer Pika once again?

Except tapu Koko is hindering itself by working with a trainer.

It's not the battle that was hyped up. It's a cheap alternative

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

As much as I don't like the fact Koko is being commanded by Kukui can you show an example when a Pokemon commanded by a trainer
faired worse than by itself?

Not counting newbies like Dawn and Buizel, od course.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I dont think kukui even has a 6th pokemon right now, he was gien 3 new pokemon just for the sake of full battle with ash with tapu koko coming as temporary final member for pikachu, its similar with alain in last season when he was given 4 pokemon just to complete his team and challenge ash since he as always gonna qualify in the later stages.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Tapu Koko is a god. Not even someone like Kukui can refuse its wishes lol. Helps that’s it’s a curious Pokemon so it’s supposed to follow on its traits and check out what’s going on this match.

I don’t think it’d hurt anyone if Kukui grabs his sixth Pokeball and is ready to send it out only for Tapu Koko to interrupt.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Tapu Koko is a god. Not even someone like Kukui can refuse its wishes lol. Helps that’s it’s a curious Pokemon so it’s supposed to follow on its traits and check out what’s going on this match.

I don’t think it’d hurt anyone if Kukui grabs his sixth Pokeball and is ready to send it out only for Tapu Koko to interrupt.

It would hurt me. It would be a stupid conclusion. Although that's what we should expect from these writers.

The only way it would be remotely acceptable is it the 6v6 concludes in the previous episode and this is a complete different battle

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
It would hurt me. It would be a stupid conclusion. Although that's what we should expect from these writers.

The only way it would be remotely acceptable is it the 6v6 concludes in the previous episode and this is a complete different battle

Look I know we all have certain issues with the writers but I hardly see how something that bookends the whole saga can be seen as a bad thing. All of SM started back with Pikachu vs Tapu Koko and now it all comes back to it in the end. At the very least it is narratively consistent.

If the concern is that it would cheapen the battle in any way, let’s just remember the League is OVER. This is purely an exhibition battle for the trainers and crowd to enjoy. It has no stakes, it’s all for fun.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Tapu Koko isn't even coming in until the last minute, and this battle has been fated since the beginning of the series. Koko can't use Z-moves on its own, so it needs Kukui to be able to access them.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I love that Koko is coming in to battle Ash, don’t really care about seeing Kukuis last Pokémon since it never mattered and he will disappear soon anyways. Not to mention it’s ridiculous that he even has these extra Pokémon while not showing them at all through the whole season.

They should have hyped all up kukuis Pokémon all season as super strong

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Well your entitled to your opinion.

Even if it is a stupid opinion

Good lord you’re cynical. Everyone else is talking about WHY they think it could be good, you’re the one just making blanket statements without adding anything constructive.

As for the Z-Moves showing up here, Guardian of Alola would be cool but tbh I expect this to be a purely electrical showdown. However, that DOES mean that it’s high time that 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt makes its long overdue return. We haven’t seen it since the Mimikyu battle right? Seems like the perfect time for it to come back and REALLY wow Tapu Koko.

Domok

You know why I’m almost sure Ash is gonna win or at least tie in this one?
Pikachu hasn’t gotten a win in this battle yet.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Guardian of Alola would look great on the League Stadion. My gut tells me it will be Gigavolt Havoc, though...

It should be using its own z move and tbf gigavolt havoc is overused at this point, i would prefer pikachu to use 10 MV as well.

Zariful

This better not be a one sided battle

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I doubt this will be a one-sided battle by any means. Pikachu already managed to rattle Tapu Koko a bit back in their last battle, which was clear back after the first Grand Trial. Plus it’s not like Pikachu doesn’t have experience with bringing down legendaries. Win, lose, or draw, I certainly don’t think we’re in for a curbstomp battle here.

ShadowForce720

You know looking at the previous battles at the league( I know Ash vs Kukui isn't quite a league match)which were the final battles that weren't 1vs1 where Ash wound up losing if you look at it Pikachu always gets a win or at least a draw in the final league match and here is how this breaks down:

Kanto league: Pikachu got a win but had to recalled from the battle against Ritchie's Charmander(Aka Zippo) which was treated the same as Pikachu losing(which in later battles this wouldn't be the case).

Johto league: Pikachu gets a 1 win against a Kecleon but then loses to Sneasel.

Hoenn league: Pikachu got 1 win and then lost to Meowth.

Sinnoh League: Pikachu tied with Latios.

Unova: Pikachu got 2 wins and lost to a Lucario.

Kalos: Pikachu got 2 wins and lost to Charizard.

So looking at it, it seems like they try to have Pikachu get a 1 win or a draw in the final major match that isn't a 1vs1. So now looking at the battle this means that if Tapu Koko is going to be Kukui's "sixth" pokemon instead of the one Kukui plans on using then that means unless Naganadel or Torracat lose to Lucario or Incineroar, that Pikachu will need to beat Tapu Koko or tie with it to avoid ending the match without getting a single win.

Which given how Braviary beat Lycanroc and Empoleon was able to forced Ash to recall Pikachu despite the initials predictions which were before we found out about Rowlet battling Braviary having been that those 2 would most likely lose to Lycanroc and Pikachu, then I don't think anyone should count out the possibility of Ash's Naganadel beating Kukui's Lucario.
I mean after all if you look at it so far when Ash and Kukui sends out a pokemon the pokemon with the type disadvantages winds up winning or it's opponent is recalled before they can knock it out, the only exceptions to this were Kukui's Incineroar being recalled against Ash's Dusk Lycanroc, Ash's Torracat beating Venusaur, and Kukui's Incineroar beating Ash's Melmetal.

However given that we know that Ash's Torracat and Kukui's Incineroar still have to settle their rivalry it's really not that surprising that they've been able to win against pokemon they have a type advantage in the current match. You know come to think of it if the remaining match breaks down like this:

Naganadel vs Lucario: Naganadel
Naganadel vs Incineroar: Incineroar
Torracat/Ash's Incineroar vs Incineroar: Torracat/Ash's Incineroar(if Torracat does wind up evolving)
Torracat/Ash's Incineroar vs Tapu Koko: Tapu Koko
Pikachu vs Tapu Koko: Pikachu

it would wrapped up pretty nicely considering beside it giving Naganadel a win, it would give Kukui's Incineroar 2 wins, and Ash's Torracat/Ash's Incineroar 2 wins as well and then it allow Tapu Koko to have a win, while Pikachu gets it's win for the battle by finally be able to defeat Tapu Koko.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It should be using its own z move and tbf gigavolt havoc is overused at this point, i would prefer pikachu to use 10 MV as well.

You know, as cool as Pikachu fighting a chicken-headed energy mech might be, but, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it impossible for Guardian of Alola to faint an opponent since it just cuts HP by a certain percentage?

Of course, the anime could ignore this (Finish it with False Swipe, yadda yadda).

Status
Not open for further replies.