• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 20th: SM144 - The Greatest Z in Alola! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I believe Super Fang has always just been shown as a damaging move rather than the whole “halving HP” thing so I’m assuming Nature’s Madness/Guardian of Alola would probably function similarly.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
You know, it's interesting how every Pika vs Koko fight has been handled by different writers (round 1 was by Matsui, round 2 was by Omode, and round 3 was by Yonemura)

jrizza88

Meteorite
Despite what most users think, I think this is the final matchup in the 6 vs 6 battle. There's a simple reason why we never saw the 6th pokemon.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I imagine Kukui is about to call in his last Pokémon and then Tapu Koko arrives before the episode prior to this one ends.
No, Kukui sends his Pokemon out, but Koko knocks it out with one Thunderbolt and takes its place.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So, Tapu Koko will fight a non-100% Pikachu? Or Torracat will beat Incineroar and manage to hurt Tapu Koko before fainting?
Pikachu didn't really take much damage from Empoleon, so he'll be like at 90% anyways

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Pikachu gets just as much of a buff in Electric Terrain as Tapu Koko, so this match is still rather evenly matched. And despite Pikachu's ability being confirmed as Static, he's more then once displayed Lightning Rod like tendencies, so if he's gonna lose, its gonna be by the strength of Tapu Koko's other moves

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary and staff list:

Kapu-Kokeko has suddenly joined the exhibition match as Professor Kukui's 6th's partner. And thus, the last battle became the fated showdown between Pikachu and Kapu-Kokeko. The Z-Moves fiercely clash on the battlefield. Who will get the upper hand in this fierce fight in the exhibition match?

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 中野悟史 (Satoshi Nakano)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
One doubt, i thought only one z move can be used per battle, and from the looks of it both incineroar and torracat are already using there own z moves then how come pikachu and tapu koko can use there z move especially since tapu koko is acting as kukui's 6th pokemon.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
One doubt, i thought only one z move can be used per battle, and from the looks of it both incineroar and torracat are already using there own z moves then how come pikachu and tapu koko can use there z move especially since tapu koko is acting as kukui's 6th pokemon.
Tapu Koko can recharge Z-Power. It happened in the Guzzlord and Dia episode Iirc

andrewscott48209

Nice to see that this exhibition match is a four part episode. I actually understand and appreciate that Aya Matsui is writing this episode, and not Atsohiro Tomioka. The rivalry between Pikachu and Tapu Koko started in episode 2, which was written by Aya Matsui, so it would be fitting that the rivalry ends with him as the writer. I'm just glad that Atsohiro Tomioka is writing the three episodes that preceded this episode.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Tapu Koko can recharge its own Z-Crystal as @Bortgreen said, and they could always have Rotom be able to unleash its own Z-Power at the last minute to recharge Ash's Z-Crystal.

andrewscott48209

Tapu Koko can recharge its own Z-Crystal as @Bortgreen said, and they could always have Rotom be able to unleash its own Z-Power at the last minute to recharge Ash's Z-Crystal.
True, but on your second theory, if that happens then the fandom will probably call that an asspull, especially since there had been no buildup to Rotom being able to use that ability.

Also, concerning my pervious post, I love that Satoshi Nakano is one of the animation directors for this episode. Satoshi Nakano is responsible for directing the animation for episode 43.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Surprised they haven’t utilized this mechanic sooner since Rotom and Satoshi did have some good bonding episodes so far, specifically the one where Rotom was considering leaving and Satoshi was really upset over it. Kapuko Keko refreshing their Z-Power sounds more likely / ideal in my opinion. He did already bless Satoshi’s Z-Ring.

Also, concerning my pervious post, I love that Satoshi Nakano is one of the animation directors for this episode. Satoshi Nakano is responsible for directing the animation for episode 43.
He also did File 4 of Pokemon Origins. Love that man, his works smoother than butter. Only fitting for Satoshi’s own penultimate fight, Iwane-who?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
True, but on your second theory, if that happens then the fandom will probably call that an asspull, especially since there had been no buildup to Rotom being able to use that ability.

Yeah, I doubt it'll be rotom, especially since Koko has already shown to have that ability

Status
Not open for further replies.