• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 20th: SM144 - The Greatest Z in Alola! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I get the feeling that the worst-case scenario for Ash in this battle is a draw. However, given that Naganadel is facing off against Tapu Koko first, I get the impression that Ash is probably going to win this one by the skin of his teeth since Tapu Koko will still have a K.O. even if he eventually loses to Pikachu.
The worst case scenario is an outright loss. I'm guessing Naganadel won't be doing much to Koko so that it and Pikachu will be fighting nearly at even strength. And Pikachu has been shown getting stronger each time they face off.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That preview is amazing

Fellow fans, where would you rank Ash vs Kukui battle historically in the series? How good (or bad) was it compared Ash’s other major battle?

I'd place it higher than Ash vs Paul.

That battle was good and I still think Paul is the best rival but this one match felt more satisfying, specially when you consider the bond Ash and Kukui shared during the series.

andrewscott48209

Tomioka Atsuhiro is also writing Episode #144. This makes Satoshi v. Kukui the franchise's first four-episode-long battle, luckily written by the franchise's best writer. Iwane Masa'aki confirmed on Twitter that he did key animation for #144, too. Going by the preview Nanba Isao and Aito Oohashi will also be providing key animation. This is pretty nuts. I didn't expect a four-episode battle but hell yeah, bring it on! I've always wanted a six episode battle so that a Pokemon could get a full episode to themselves before fainting.
Actually, Aya Matsui is writing this episode, not Atsohiro Tomioka.

Alolan Champion

That preview is amazing

I'd place it higher than Ash vs Paul.

That battle was good and I still think Paul is the best rival but this one match felt more satisfying, specially when you consider the bond Ash and Kukui shared during the series.
Exactly it did everything that was in that battle but way better and then you have the episode right after it to surpass it? The anime will not top this battle

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
God damn, that was something else..

Fellow fans, where would you rank Ash vs Kukui battle historically in the series? How good (or bad) was it compared Ash’s other major battle?

Hopefully Pikachu vs Tapu Koko is just as good as a battle as today’s episode and we end the Pokémon league on an action-packed high

Torracat finally defeats its main rival even though it also fainted shortly after.. What a story, good on it for finally realizing it’s true strength, wasn’t expecting it to evolve but that was a great bonus...

Ash Ketchum, even as the champion of Alola still manages to forget that Poison attacks don’t work on steel type Pokémon.. What a kid!

Naganadel was pretty impressive in its battle against Lucario after starting off slow, whatever training it did back home sure was worth it.. Ultra Beasts are your typical Pokémon strength wise and it showed here..

Wished we could’ve seen Kukui’s last Pokemon come out and then be a bit disappointed because it wasn’t allowed to battle because of Tapu Koko but other than that it was out of this world..

Do you think that we’re ever gonna know what it was or are we gonna be speculating about it till the end of time? Honestly think it was either a Trevenant, Snorlax or some starter Pokémon from another region but whatever

The actual Alola League tournament may have been slightly lackluster apart from his Battle with Gladion, anyways this full battle has made up for the flaws significantly, now to end the exhibition match on a strong note for next week..

Have a feeling that this battle will end in a draw (although unlikely) and everyone will go home feeling great after witnessing the battle of a lifetime in the Alola region..

Honestly Ash might actually beat Kukui and I can’t wait to see that happen!
It’s a good battle but barely behind Ash vs Paul

Red and Blue

Wasn't expecting Nagandel to face off against Tapu Koko. Thought it would go down against Incineroar. I'm hoping it manages to deal some damage to Koko. Poison is good against Fairy

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Huh, UB vs Island Guardian is something I never knew I wanted

Ignition

So does Kukui have prior experience to battling with Tapu Koko? Or does he just magically know its moveset (though I suppose he did see Ash battle it in the beginning of the series)?

Our second legendary battle in the League looks to be promising. Delia & Oak must be confused yet proud

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So does Kukui have prior experience to battling with Tapu Koko? Or does he just magically know its moveset (though I suppose he did see Ash battle it in the beginning of the series)?

Our second legendary battle in the League looks to be promising. Delia & Oak must be confused yet proud
I doubt it but we see that the island deities kind of “hangout” with the locals, stealing Z-Crystals, casually letting them see their dead relatives, helping train them, just healing their injuries. They’re like your friendly neighborhood legendaries and their lore talks about them being kind of like fairy folk, mischievous, playful and just Alola’s spiritual curious creatures. I think Kapuko-Keko did join Hala during the Necrozma finale, mimicking the game appearance of it appearing to fight the Ultra Beast next to Hala.

Red and Blue

I do hope we find out what Kukui's sixth was, even if it's in the last few minutes of the episode.

While I thinking Pikachu defeating Koko is pretty likely it cracks me up imagining it as the second jobbers on Ash's side instead of Nagandel or Melmetal

Ignition

I wonder what the other Tapus are doing. I hope they’re healing Ash’s team so they can watch the battle too.

Can’t wait to see Kukui use the Fairy Z Move Pose

Also do y’all think Ash’s Z Ring will break here?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This doesn't even come close to Ash vs Paul lmao. Don't insult Paul

Ash vs Tapu Koko should have been it's own thing. And Ash should have been the one to use the Tapu z-move, not Worst Professor

Red and Blue

I wonder what the other Tapus are doing. I hope they’re healing Ash’s team so they can watch the battle too.

Can’t wait to see Kukui use the Fairy Z Move Pose

Also do y’all think Ash’s Z Ring will break here?
Assuming he uses one more Z move in the final two episodes I doubt its breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.