• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Summary and staff list:

The Masters Tournament Finals are finally starting! Getting an official match against Dande has been Satoshi's goal this entire time, so he's really enthused about this. The audience is also as fired up as it's ever been for this match between Dande, the incomparable reigning champ, and Satoshi, the competitor who has reached the finals against all odds! And then Dande makes a proposal.......? With Satoshi's former companions and rivals watching, the showdown at the summit commences.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 清水聡 (Satoshi Shimizu)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 広岡歳仁 (Toshihito Hirooka)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
“former companions and rivals”…..expecting a cameo from literally every single important companion and rival. Not expecting any of them voiced but just seeing them would be great.

Wonder what the proposal would be. Maybe Eternatus vs 3 gimmicks, or 3 gimmicks being allowed for both Ash and Leon. Would prefer if it’d be the latter, the former feels very cheap

Unfortunately the companions will likely be just stills. I'm honestly not as interested in the climax of the battle as I am to what comes next for the Pokemon anime since all signs point toward Ash winning

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Keep Misty and Cilan out of it if silent TV cameos is all they get here. They deserve more than that, and can feasibly GET more than that.

I’m also disappointed by the idea of three gimmicks here, because all it means is that Sirfetch’d, Dracovish, and especially Dragonite are going to get utterly wasted in this battle so time can be devoted to the powerups and the spectacle, and frankly **** that.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Keep Misty and Cilan out of it if silent TV cameos is all they get here. They deserve more than that, and can feasibly GET more than that.
I expect some to get voice acting in the stadium and the rest silent cameos at home
I’m also disappointed by the idea of three gimmicks here, because all it means is that Sirfetch’d, Dracovish, and especially Dragonite are going to get utterly wasted in this battle so time can be devoted to the powerups and the spectacle, and frankly **** that.
I wouldn't say that Dragonite, Dracovish and Sirfetch’d will get wasted. Sirfetch’d did a great job in Ash vs Cynthia,so did Dracovish.

Red and Blue

For me it's not that bad if Sirfetch'd and Dragonite go down without any wins due to the fact that they both did so well against Cynthia. Would suck for Dragonite though since she hasn't gotten an official win since Iris

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I wouldn't say that Dragonite, Dracovish and Sirfetch’d will get wasted. Sirfetch’d did a great job in Ash vs Cynthia,so did Dracovish.

For me it's not that bad if Sirfetch'd and Dragonite go down without any wins due to the fact that they both did so well against Cynthia. Would suck for Dragonite though since she hasn't gotten an official win since Iris

The issue I have isn’t those three vanillas not getting any wins in the battle, the issue is there not being any time for the three to do anything productive at all in the battle.

Sirfetch’d was fortunate to score a big hit on Garchomp, but the focus was centered around Togekiss dynamaxing and Lucario having to push through it and the shark after it Mega’d. That latter bit took an entire episode with no fluff attached.
But now, in this supposedly three episode 6v6 battle, we have:

-The preface to the battle
-Cameos from no less than 11 different locations
-Four powerups, two of which (the two Gmaxes) are not going back into the bottle once it’s been uncorked
-Eternatus
-The conclusion

The powerup Pokémon have to have significant screen time given to them and have big moments on their own (GMax Gengar HAS to be a highlight here in particular), otherwise why are they there. At some point, something’s gotta give.

Status
Not open for further replies.