• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendicion

Water Master
Dawn on her fourth return in JN while Misty out here with NOTHING.... I call Misty Phobia

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Everyone’s gonna get a win. This will be the last time any of them bar Pikachu will battle so they gotta go out in style.

There WILL be a Fall Guy. Unless you are expecting Ash to get a BIG LEAD in the battle or have a boring ass battle of:

P1 VS P7 - P1 Wins

P1 VS P8 - P8 Wins

P2 VS P8 - P2 Wins

P2 VS P9 - P9 wins

.etc

Sh!ts going to be more stale than bread that was left out overnight.

You do realize that they could just have Leon Gigantamax 3 of his Pokémon instead of just 1, after all he has 4 Pokémon with the potential to Gigantamax, so him Gigantamax 3 of his Pokémon which would further explain why he has all 3 Galar starters.

Plus that would easily offset Ash using one of each gimmick.

Also Leon’s proposal being that him and Ash can each use 3 gimmicks is the only thing that makes sense and is the most likely thing to be suggested.

Especially when this will most likely be Ash’s final official battle for the current series with any future official battles likely bringing in gen 9 stuff.

So it makes sense that they would have Ash use all 3 of his gimmicks here.

I would love 3 gimmicks vs 3 gimmicks but that “proposal” is probably something else. Idk these summaries & their wording always seem misleading. Like the “breaking news” in the previous episode making people think that SV Anime was going to be announced but it just revealing Leon’s team.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I don’t think Leon will use gigantamax three times just because he has a few pokemon that can do it.

nuzamaki90

There WILL be a Fall Guy. Unless you are expecting Ash to get a BIG LEAD in the battle or have a boring ass battle of:

P1 VS P7 - P1 Wins

P1 VS P8 - P8 Wins

P2 VS P8 - P2 Wins

P2 VS P9 - P9 wins

.etc

Sh!ts going to be more stale than bread that was left out overnight.

I would love 3 gimmicks vs 3 gimmicks but that “proposal” is probably something else. Idk these summaries & their wording always seem misleading. Like the “breaking news” in the previous episode making people think that SV Anime was going to be announced but it just revealing Leon’s team.
Doubt it. I expect there to be a lot of switching so I’m running with the idea that everyone is leaving this with at least one win.

Keep in mind I’m on the camp that thinks Ash will win so I’m a bit more optimistic than others.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Aoi despite being busy provide this show once again with your greatness and appear in the audience. Unova has gotten payed dust. No seriously, in case the battle is kinda so so the appearances will be worth it

If they have May and Dawn there at the same time I’m here for it. Oh and bring back Lillie too, she’s been streaming all of Ash’s videos with Wi-Fi anyway in Antarctica might as well be there in person.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Aoi despite being busy provide this show once again with your greatness and appear in the audience. Unova has gotten payed dust. No seriously, in case the battle is kinda so so the appearances will be worth it

If they have May and Dawn there at the same time I’m here for it. Oh and bring back Lillie too, she’s been streaming all of Ash’s videos with Wi-Fi anyway in Antarctica might as well be there in person.
lillie’s got better things to do (research) than watching a cockfighting tournanent.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Well, at least we know the anime is never going to have a proper finale because it felt like it needed to hire seasonal Chris Pratt-like people into getting huge loads of payment for the involvement in an anime for 7-year olds.
After that terrible finale we’ve gotten aka the last battle episode we got, voice cameos is all they have. That money should be going there because nobody is definitely watching for the results of this solely

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Now that the dust is cleared, is it okay for somebody to finally say that the Mega Lucario vs Garchomp wasn’t all that (and Dynamax Togekiss by extension)? And that I’m hoping the final clash is better between these two (also that it’s Pikachu not Lucario)?
I would have preferred Dragonite ngl.
Like most of that was just them slapping it each other with Dragon Claw and Bullet Punch and a poor man’s reiteration of Paul VS Ash where we wonder if Infernape or Electriver won after trading blows.
The last part makes the whole battle less exciting in my opinion. The first two parts were very good,but the third part is so medicore it brings the whole battle down in value. This was just a punching match without any strategy and Ash isn't the type to normal do that.
If all of production is poured in this battle, I’m sorry I want it to be nothing like that three parter we just got. Oh yeah bring back Misty and Lillie
Oh yeah big agree. Which rivals do you have a chance to appear in the flesh?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I would have preferred Dragonite ngl.
Yeah all Dragonites are cursed at this point.
The last part makes the whole battle less exciting in my opinion. The first two parts were very good,but the third part is so medicore it brings the whole battle down in value. This was just a punching match without any strategy and Ash isn't the type to normal do that.
Literally all of Garchomp’s fights looked better than that. Even that small segment they had at the end of DP with Flint. That just how I wasn’t expecting Garchomp to go down. Just using ineffective Dragon Claws and brute strength knocking down its base form.

And then you had the undercover police agents literally investigating anybody who didn’t like it.

The only thing interesting was the Aura Sphere and Scale Shot. Just basic boxing and bad vibes.
Oh yeah big agree. Which rivals do you have a chance to appear in the flesh?
It seems like Paul has been when watching the entire thing and seeing what they’ve been doing with Dawn and Cynthia, they want every last drop of Sinnoh/Hisui promotion before SV so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.