• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ97

Truth.
Eternatus is one of the most powerful Pokémon (especially in the form of Eternamax) that you cannot defeat without the help of Zacian and Zamazenta.
If he is used in the finals (I hope not !!) his defeat by Satoshi will be not only unrealistic, but also the biggest joke of the series.
This only applies to Eternamax Eternatus. Base Eternatus was beaten or you could say; mostly relative to Leon's Charizard (This doesn't make Eternatus weak by any means as a wild Pokemon was essentially equal to the strongest trainer-owned Pokemon in the world).

Guy100

With Leon having Eternatus and more than likely using it in the climax of his battle with Ash.

I'm now curious of who will be Ash's secret six pokemon he will use to level the playing field against the King of Dragons (Eternatus).

Solgaleo seems to be the obvious choice since its from Alola and Ash is representing the region as its Champion. But, I'm placing all bets on Lugia returning. He'll probably bench dragovish.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Involving legendaries in the final is a bad decision in my opinion

nuzamaki90

He’s not gonna use a Pokémon he’s never trained with until literally a day before their match….is what I would say if Kukui with Tapu Koko wasn’t a thing
Don’t forget Gladion and UB-Lillie

In any case I’d be down for it I just hope it’s animated in a decent way instead of floating in place like today’s episode. At least bring the CGI back. And as for who will take it down, well none other than Dragonite and its Kairyuseigun of course!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If Eternatus was not going to have a part in the outcome of this battle, it would never have been brought up in the first place.
While I do think Eternatus will be used, I dont think this is necessairly the case. They could have simply brought it back to just close the plotline of it being trapped in a prison forever and see it get proper care and freedom

Megapixel

With Leon having Eternatus and more than likely using it in the climax of his battle with Ash.

I'm now curious of who will be Ash's secret six pokemon he will use to level the playing field against the King of Dragons (Eternatus).

Solgaleo seems to be the obvious choice since its from Alola and Ash is representing the region as its Champion. But, I'm placing all bets on Lugia returning. He'll probably bench dragovish.
i still doubt that leon is going to use eternatus, and in case he does, i don't think ash will use any legendaries, in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if they did anything to get ash to turn things around, even if it seems impossible to believe

nuzamaki90

While I do think Eternatus will be used, I dont think this is necessairly the case. They could have simply brought it back to just close the plotline of it being trapped in a prison forever and see it get proper care and freedom
Sonia does say something along the lines of finding ways for the people of Galar to get used to Eternatus, and using it in the final battle may be a good way to go about it.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
He’s not gonna use a Pokémon he’s never trained with until literally a day before their match….is what I would say if Kukui with Tapu Koko wasn’t a thing
Leon got it exactly because he managed to tame it, so it counts already

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i still doubt that leon is going to use eternatus, and in case he does, i don't think ash will use any legendaries, in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if they did anything to get ash to turn things around, even if it seems impossible to believe

Thing is, it's excessive on both fronts.

Leon using it against Ash is just overkill to maintain his status as the PWC monarch, especially since alot of people feel his other pokemon should slaughter Ash as is, and on the other side if Ash beats it without something of equal power aka a legendary of his own, it would only make his victory less believable.

Sonia does say something along the lines of finding ways for the people of Galar to get used to Eternatus, and using it in the final battle may be a good way to go about it.

in the final match of the biggest tournament in the world? I honestly hope it goes rouge if he uses it and Ash doesn't get something that can fight it on a 1 v 1 basis.

Leon got it exactly because he managed to tame it, so it counts already

as much as i'm not a fan of him, Goh did catch thing, and it feels really contrived that someone else just took it and tamed it without his permission or letting him know about it.

Seriously this feels as bad as the grookey situation, honestly worse.

nuzamaki90

in the final match of the biggest tournament in the world? I honestly hope it goes rouge if he uses it and Ash doesn't get something that can fight it on a 1 v 1 basis.

as much as i'm not a fan of him, Goh did catch thing, and it feels really contrived that someone else just took it and tamed it without his permission or letting him know about it.
While I do agree it is kind of dumb that Leon trained Eternatus without any influence from Goh, I can’t deny it’s pretty consistent with the portrayal of Goh and training his Pokémon. Majority of the time they do it themselves so it’s not like Leon training Eternatus is that far fetched.

Also, Eternatus didn’t really get “tamed” more so it calmed down because it recognized Leon’s capabilities as a trainer. Goh gave Leon Eternatus temporarily as he wants to become a trainer worthy of the giant space alien lizard thing in the future. It’s no different to Ash leaving Gliscor or Charizard to get trained.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
While I do agree it is kind of dumb that Leon trained Eternatus without any influence from Goh, I can’t deny it’s pretty consistent with the portrayal of Goh and training his Pokémon. Majority of the time they do it themselves so it’s not like Leon training Eternatus is that far fetched.

Also, Eternatus didn’t really get “tamed” more so it calmed down because it recognized Leon’s capabilities as a trainer. Goh gave Leon Eternatus temporarily as he wants to become a trainer worthy of the giant space alien lizard thing in the future. It’s no different to Ash leaving Gliscor or Charizard to get trained.

it's not the fact that Leon trained/tamed it alone.

it's the fact that why all of a sudden did this get brought up without informing Goh about it?

Cause that's where the problem lies here, the fact that no one bothered to ask or inform Goh about doing this, he caught the thing so he should've been informed sooner.

Sure Ash left Gliscor and Charizard in places to train, but he was able to give consent to doing it, where was Goh's consent?

nuzamaki90

it's not the fact that Leon trained/tamed it alone.

it's the fact that why all of a sudden did this get brought up without informing Goh about it?

Cause that's where the problem lies here, the fact that no one bothered to ask or inform Goh about doing this, he caught the thing so he should've been informed sooner.

Sure Ash left Gliscor and Charizard in places to train, but he was able to give consent to doing it, where was Goh's consent?
You’re totally right, and like I said it’s consistent with the way they’ve been handling Goh’s Pokemon. I don’t like it but lol what can we do at this point?

What makes it worse is that Goh clearly cared a lot about Eternatus and was able to sympathize with it. Just feels weird that it got called out and trained without any of his input. Is Leon secretly working for Team Rocket?

tsunamimijumaru

I'm just spitballing here, but what if Ash and Leon tie in their full battle and have to have a tie breaker match which ends up being between Eternatus and whatever legendary Ash uses to even the score? This way all of Ash's journeys team gets to battle Leon.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m assuming Eternatus would be taking up Haxorus’ spot. If the anime has Ash when against a legendary, a broken Charizard and ape + whoever else that will be the biggest Ashpull in the history of history.

Although Eternatus sending Ash’s team to the shadow realm after his magical team that can slam Champions would be a good pay off

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
So wait, is the PM stuff actually happening in conjunction with the finals?
Seems like it. This is kinda supported by the opening which seems to imply that Ash and Goh are doing the final part of their goals simultaneously.

But I guess in terms of the actual episodes, Project Mew episodes will air after the finals.

Guy100

I dont think Goh is getting Eternatus back. Its not the first time Goh had ever given a pokemon away; Dugtrio a prime example. This is growth as he realizes he's not suited to be Eternatus's trainer based on his level of skill. What matters is he did catch it, which adds to his pokedex data. However, now Leon owns it.

Also, there is not a pokemon in Ash's current party that can rely on take on the massive dragon. Leon's obviously gonna use Dynamax Charizard, so Ash will be forced to use one of his power up gimmicks to take it out. After that, he doesnt have much to stand on to counter Eternatus's power if he uses his current PWC team. Hardly any of mega lucario's movesets will have an effect on the giant dragon.

If Ash doesn't end up using a legendary, then I assume the only wild card he could use is Mr. Mime, which wont help him by much.

The best case scenario of leveling the field is recruiting a legendary he's already befriended; Lugia or Solgaleo.

Status
Not open for further replies.