• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunamimijumaru

I don't mind Eternatus being used by Leon but it feels really forced to have it on his team now. Should've worn his SS from Masters lmao. What's up with the writer's replacing Ashs final challenge's 6th Pokémon with a Legendary though? They just did that with Kukui
It's probably an attempt to top that fight. At least they're trying I guess. I liked the Cynthia battle but I honestly don't think it was better than vs Paul or Kukui so hopefully they achieve that with the Leon fight.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
If no Sogaleo, Im hoping Zacian returns!!!! ^O^

Yea...like some of you guys i didint like how Goh wasnt informed about Leon /Eternatus Dx

Zabilac

My prediction for the finals: Leon is brought down to Charizard and sixth pokemon while Ash is brought down to Pikachu. Pikachu draws with Charizard, beating Leon's ace, but since Ash has no more pokemon and Leon still has one, Leon wins by default.

Last edited:

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Can you imagine if the writer going the game route by having Rose to interfere when Leon is sweeping Ash and the match have to stop because of it

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
My prediction for the finals: Leon is brought down to Charizard and sixth pokemon while Ash is brought down to Pikachu. Pikachu draws with Charizard, beating Leon's ace, but since Ash has no more pokemon and Leon still has one, Leon wins by default.
Eh no.

It would be Pikachu vs Eternatus. Mega Lucario would defeat G-Max Charizard, but ends up losing to Eternatus. Thus, it's up to Pikachu to bring the endgame finale.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
For the record...it sounds like the reason Eternatus was given to Leon was so the Dynmax phenomenon could continue in the Galar region. The added bonus was Leon was able to tame it to be less vicious.
Whether he actually uses it however remains to be seen

Belowski

For the record...it sounds like the reason Eternatus was given to Leon was so the Dynmax phenomenon could continue in the Galar region. The added bonus was Leon was able to tame it to be less vicious.
Whether he actually uses it however remains to be seen
Basically, exactly what Rose said. Sonia said that without Eternatus, the Galar region has no future, because it's dependent on the energy (Galar particles) that Eternatus produces. So in order for Galar's way of life to continue, Eternatus must learn how to coexist with humans.

Red and Blue

So if someone were to befriend Ash's Bulbasaur so much while Ash was away, would that someone claim Bulbasaur?
How is that comparable? Ash and Bulbasaur had plenty of moments to grow their bond in the past while Go literally handed Eternatus over to Magnolia before letting it out of its Ball.

Belowski

Yeah, Eternatus was never really Goh's Pokemon. You could technically say it was just as much Ash's Pokemon as it was Goh's, since they threw the Poke Ball together. But regardless, once Goh handed it over to Magnolia, it was hers to do with as she pleased.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Basically, exactly what Rose said. Sonia said that without Eternatus, the Galar region has no future, because it's dependent on the energy (Galar particles) that Eternatus produces. So in order for Galar's way of life to continue, Eternatus must learn how to coexist with humans.
Honestly I feel like Galar should be trying to find alternate sources of energy first and foremost so that firstly don't have to depend on the space abomination and secondly so that Eternatus can chill and take it easy and be free.
Befriending it is cool and all so that but that its fate is to become a living battery to power-up an entire region is kinda, you know. Should a Pokemon really be used like that? Even if willingly? Not to mention the dependency issue of the whole thing.
I swear that if on a movie random villain wanted to use random Pokemon to power-up something they'd be considered evil and abusing the Pokemon and stuff.
Well Eternatus only needs to recharge the whole thing once every 10000 years so I guess its fine but then that opens another can of worms. What then when Leon dies since he's the one Eternatus acknowledges and stuff now?

Belowski

Honestly I feel like Galar should be trying to find alternate sources of energy first and foremost so that firstly don't have to depend on the space abomination and secondly so that Eternatus can chill and take it easy and be free.
Befriending it is cool and all so that but that its fate is to become a living battery to power-up an entire region is kinda, you know. Should a Pokemon really be used like that? Even if willingly? Not to mention the dependency issue of the whole thing.
I swear that if on a movie random villain wanted to use random Pokemon to power-up something they'd be considered evil and abusing the Pokemon and stuff.
Well Eternatus only needs to recharge the whole thing once every 10000 years so I guess its fine but then that opens another can of worms. What then when Leon dies since he's the one Eternatus acknowledges and stuff now?
Eternatus's Galar particles are also what makes Dynamax possible. No more Galar particles = no more Dynamax.

DuskAstral

Yeah, Eternatus was never really Goh's Pokemon. You could technically say it was just as much Ash's Pokemon as it was Goh's, since they threw the Poke Ball together.
Eternatus belonged only to Gou.
There is no such thing as sharing a Pokémon.
This is also evidenced by the fact that only Gou got the entry into the pokedex.

UnovaMaster

I'm just spitballing here, but what if Ash and Leon tie in their full battle and have to have a tie breaker match which ends up being between Eternatus and whatever legendary Ash uses to even the score? This way all of Ash's journeys team gets to battle Leon.

Goh comes back with his caught Mew and lends it to Ash to fight Eternatus

I do see a tie happening though so that Goh has the time to be back for the conclusive bout

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Of course with JN you never know for sure, but the whole Eternatus subplot in the last episode seemed more like a way to conclude the Galar “arc“ while making a reference to Masters Ex instead of setting up Ash vs Eternatus.

Leon has been waiting for years for a challenger that can push him and his team to new heights. And now, the first time it happens, he will use a legendary Pokémon instead of his own team members? Also, having Eternatus on his team would undermine Charizard‘s position as the strongest trainer owned Pokemon and the main hurdle Ash has to overcome.

I‘m still firmly believing that the final battles will be G-Max Charizard vs Mega Lucario and base Charizard vs base Pikachu, just as openings 3 and 4 have teased.

AJ97

And there's the difference. Goh had already given Eternatus to Magnolia.
He handed it over under the assumption that it was supposed to remain sealed given that it was a threat to the whole region. If Magnolia did want Eternatus to be tamed and integrate into society; she should've called Goh; the original trainer of the Pokemon. Not Leon.
Of course with JN you never know for sure, but the whole Eternatus subplot in the last episode seemed more like a way to conclude the Galar “arc“ while making a reference to Masters Ex instead of setting up Ash vs Eternatus.
I disagree. If that were the case, they could've just released Eternatus after communicating with it (and probably show Eternatus powering up all the Dynamax spots across Galar) or something like that. The fact that they explicitly have Goh handover Eternatus and asks Leon to look after it; in addition to Leon sending Eternatus out through a Pokeball; suggests that there is a very good chance he could bring it into the battle with Ash.

Plus since the anime seems to like tying things to the games a lot; there is the Pokemon Masters connection and also that spe
Leon has been waiting for years for a challenger that can push him and his team to new heights. And now, the first time it happens, he will use a legendary Pokémon instead of his own team members? Also, having Eternatus on his team would undermine Charizard‘s position as the strongest trainer owned Pokemon and the main hurdle Ash has to overcome.
Well Eternatus is technically a new team member right? I disagree about it undermining Charizard's position. Base Charizard was shown to be more than capable of holding its own and even getting the better of Base Eternatus. G-Max Charizard would have likely even beat Eternatus.
I mean, we can obviously assume Leon isn't going to pull out Eternamax Eternatus. Outside of that; it just fits as a high tier pokemon on Leon's team.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I disagree. If that were the case, they could've just released Eternatus after communicating with it (and probably show Eternatus powering up all the Dynamax spots across Galar) or something like that. The fact that they explicitly have Goh handover Eternatus and asks Leon to look after it; in addition to Leon sending Eternatus out through a Pokeball; suggests that there is a very good chance he could bring it into the battle with Ash.
I mean they could’ve had different plans back then, but decided to wrap things up like this once they realized they’re running out of time? Time will tell really.
Well Eternatus is technically a new team member right? I disagree about it undermining Charizard's position. Base Charizard was shown to be more than capable of holding its own and even getting the better of Base Eternatus. G-Max Charizard would have likely even beat Eternatus.
I mean, we can obviously assume Leon isn't going to pull out Eternamax Eternatus. Outside of that; it just fits as a high tier pokemon on Leon's team.
Leon using Eternatus would be a lose lose situation. If he wins 6-5, then he’d have won by using a legendary Pokémon that was gifted to him the day before the finals, which would basically be another Tobias situation in that Ash was robbed of a victory due to a legendary DEM.

If he loses 6-5 despite using Eternatus, people would rightly question his strength. Ash barely won against Cynthia after all, so him winning against a Rillaboom that’s capable of sweeping Diantha, Eternatus AND Leonzard with the same team would be crazy even for JN standards.

Unlike in SM, where Pikachu had a rivalry with Tapu Koko (and where Ash/Pikachu really had no other rivals on their level), there is no reason why Eternatus should be used.

…not to mention that Leon’s biggest regret in the games and the anime was losing to Eternatus. Him using a gifted Eternatus just doesn’t suit his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.