• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ash's former friends and foes returning? Oh damn, maybe this is his swan song

So is Ash going to age? Is he going to marry someone?

charchar56

Just let the stadium appearances (if there are any) be Misty and Brock. They were there for him since the beginning and it’d be the most fulfilling to see them be there for him in the end.

If it’s just one girl though, let it be Dawn lol. Misty without Brock would feel weird
taking this one step further, let Misty and Brock be his support team on the field like some of the OG tournament days, or give him a pep talk in the tunnel before stepping out. Certainly not gonna happen, but what a full circle moment that'd be

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Oooh companions back in some way and that proposal might be the so much speculated triple gimmick(or something else even)
Despite everything, I'm actually really interested to see how this will work out
Who said it will happen?

Rohanator

I wish the characters could all do comments during the fight(except May because well)
They already tried a bit of this with the champions
Kaori might be able to handle a few lines especially if she doesn't have to yell or anything, but I dunno if they wanna deal with the logistics of getting all the VA's back in general since that'd be an unprecedented reunion for this show.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
The companions watching is neat, but probably just a bunch of cameos not even from the stadium.

Leon’s proposal is probably is letting the use of three gimmicks, which i’m still not a fan of If it’s just for ash. Whether or not he wins it feels like leon is giving a handicap.

If leon also use multiple gimmicks then it’s fine. If leon uses eternatus i’m also fine with ash alone using 3 gimmicks to even it out.

Rohanator

I hope at least one of Satoshi's gimmicks fails spectacularly, preferably the Z-move since it's undefeated so far, what better way to hype up Dande than having him best the single strongest move Satoshi has, and this way we get both Gmax Gengar and Mega Lucario screentime without making it so Satoshi just repeatedly gets wins with gimmicks.

If they wanna add some gen 9 hype they could give Dande a Ground type Tera Mon, it doesn't have to have that overwhelming of a presence in the battle just an early surprise to add pressure by making Satoshi waste his Z-move.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope we see May, Misty, and Brock watching <3!!!! From the rivals, definitely Gary and Paul and maybe Gladion.

DuskAstral

I don't think that the presence of all the friends (though it's going to be a cameo) had any impact on Satoshi's departure.

I think if he were really to be replaced (which he has no chance for), we would have known about it a long time ago, because such serious matters as MC change are not announced at the last minute.

tsunamimijumaru

I hope at least one of Satoshi's gimmicks fails spectacularly, preferably the Z-move since it's undefeated so far, what better way to hype up Dande than having him best the single strongest move Satoshi has, and this way we get both Gmax Gengar and Mega Lucario screentime without making it so Satoshi just repeatedly gets wins with gimmicks.

If they wanna add some gen 9 hype they could give Dande a Ground type Tera Mon, it doesn't have to have that overwhelming of a presence in the battle just an early surprise to add pressure by making Satoshi waste his Z-move.
Would love to see that. While I don't hate the Z move, it's usage in journeys has been ridiculous tbh with its best non bs type moment being in the battle royal episode. Pretty sure Terrastal is a Paldea only thing though like how Dynamax is restricted to Galar.

Leon has two ground types in game anyway so could easily switch in one of them to eat the Z move although he's better off using Seismitoad than Rhyperior so Ash can't "aim for the horn"

tsunamimijumaru

I think Dragonite will be redeemed here by beating Dragapault
I'm hoping she pulls the MVP card like Gengar in the Raihan battle and gets a KO and tie. Two straight KOs would be better but would seem ridiculous after her recent performances. Mind you though all believability is thrown out the window at this point so who knows.

The gimmick mons are definitely getting at least a KO. Let dragonite make a big dent in Leon's team and then give one of the Galar mons a win.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Gary is impossible: Project Mew
Not really, I mean even if it was a clip of Goh and Gary watching the match on their phone it works.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh yeah that is possible,I meant being physically present in the stadium
Oh I don't expect Brock, Misty, and May to be at the stadium lol. Although someone should be, maybe Chloe and the Professor will go watch him, or maybe his mom and Oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.