• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Dawn reappearing is probably the only positive thing I can say about this...

Best companion returns. Piplup’s cheerleader outfit is so nostalgic.

Lame on Leon’s last 2 Pokémon being the other 2 Galar starters. Should’ve been Seismitoad smh. More Inteleon screentime for @Mythical-Moonlight though.

You'd think I should be be happy about this but Nah all this **** did was just piss me off

So we weren't allowed to get ANY development from Goh's Starters but JN instead pulls this out of their asses.

JN why are you like this?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Honestly Rhyperior and Seismitoad….eh. I get why people would want to see them but I don’t particularly care about either. Honestly Leon having the Galar starters does make sense (a hell of a lot more sense than Kukui, no matter how cool seeing him with an Empoleon was). I think it’s a nice send off to Gen 8 and under Leon I’d like to think he can show them off in battle better than Go.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
oh hey, Libero Cinderace, that’ll keep me amused :d

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Hey wait a minute.

If Leon had an Inteleon this whole time...

Why the hell did they bring in a random CotD to debut it in that Sobble - In - Possible episode???

They could just used Leon's Inteleon and pretty much everything would've gone exactly the same.

Hell it would've been better because then there would've be actual build up for more members of Leon's team!

Leon having all 3 galar starters is great. No idea what the problem is.
It feels like a slap in the face to Goh and his starters

Image being the only one with a Cinderace for 99% of the show only for Leon to come up out of nowhere and overshadow you by being the the one to showcase it's G-Max Form

It just doesn't sit right with me at all

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Honestly Rhyperior and Seismitoad….eh. I get why people would want to see them but I don’t particularly care about either. Honestly Leon having the Galar starters does make sense (a hell of a lot more sense than Kukui, no matter how cool seeing him with an Empoleon was). I think it’s a nice send off to Gen 8 and under Leon I’d like to think he can show them off in battle better than Go.
Agree
Would rather have him using other Galarian Pokémon tho, which we didn’t see at all

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
But Kukui was known to have travelled? How did any of his Pokémon not make sense when we know that there are wild starters, just like half of Ash’s?

Ew, I accidentally double posted. Guess I assumed there would be more life to this thread, my bad.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Leon having all 3 galar starters is great. No idea what the problem is.

it's a mixed feeling to me personally, I find myself not really caring since Ash has pounded just about every other pokemon Leon owns (at least if we're going by what he has in the games) at some point in the anime, but at the same time I can see why others find this annoying and lazy, since you have so many options to pick from, but they give him 2 pokemon that are heavily linked to Goh, and as others have pointed out.

so it's not hard to see why people don't like this decision, again it doesn't bother me so much, but I can get why people don't like it.

I kind have to wonder and ask this though, did Chloe choose to go cheer on Ash of her own volition, or did she do so out of a feeling of obligation given the fact Goh had to leave?

As for Dawn being there, awesome.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Hey wait a minute.

If Leon had an Inteleon this whole time...

Why the hell did they bring in a random CotD to debut it in that Sobble - In - Possible episode???

They could just used Leon's Inteleon and pretty much everything would've gone exactly the same.

Hell it would've been better because then there would've be actual build up for more members of Leon's team!

Image being the only one with a Cinderace for 99% of the show only for Leon to come up out of nowhere and overshadow you by being the the one to showcase it's G-Max Form

It just doesn't sit right with me at all
Because please understand hiding all of Leon's team makes him "look stronger" and "would make the reveal of the his unrevealed team more hype".
All they had to do was use Leon's team members little by little instead of just spamming the gorilla. Biggest issue for me is the ridiculous ultra secrecy going around the rest of the team just for them the Galar starters. It is an really extremely underwhelming reveal.

DuskAstral

Anyone unironically think Serena might actually show up? There's an empty seat next to Koharu and both her and Dawn bonded with her
I think she'll only get a cameo.
If anyone is going to sit, it should be Misty.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
  • The animation in this preview has me excited
  • Leon's team doesn't feel like a champion team to me? Like strength-wise it probably is, but there's just something off. It probably has to do with having 3 Galar starters, but I can't pinpoint the exact reason why.
  • Nice to see Chloe actually watch in person
  • Dawn return poggers
  • Team Rocket def the true traveling companions
  • Goh dipping now continues to look like an even more bizarre writing decision

TheNewGuy

Anyone unironically think Serena might actually show up? There's an empty seat next to Koharu and both her and Dawn bonded with her

I thought Torracat/Incineroar was great in all parts. The animation was also better than all the first round Master 8 battles.

I noticed the empty seat too. Seemed glaringly large.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
But Kukui was known to have travelled? How did any of his Pokémon not make sense when we know that there are wild starters, just like half of Ash’s?

Ew, I accidentally double posted. Guess I assumed there would be more life to this thread, my bad.
I mean it wasn’t impossible for him to have any of the starters but it was surprising and a bit random; the champion of Galar representing his home region with the native starters on his team does naturally make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.