• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Don’t get me wrong, I’m gonna watch and enjoy this battle regardless (albeit not going in as hyped as I was for Cynthia), but since Cinderace and Inteleon have already been regularly shown throughout the series, I would’ve much preferred to see some other Galarian options here. I like that Rillaboom is on his team, that’s fine since other than Masters 8 battles, it’s barely been acknowledged as a species throughout JN, but seriously.. Coalossal, Centiskorch, Toxtricity, freaking Corviknight.. all could’ve done with a good showing and all have interesting G-Max forms.

Are even the writers acknowledging that Goh didn’t have enough put into him as a battler for his Pokémon to be interesting? Are they giving the starters an extra showing because Goh just didn’t give us enough with his? Maybe, but I would’ve still rather seen Toxtricity and Corviknight in their places..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That space next to Chloe is for Goh, as if they’d have him around the whole season then ditch him for Ash’s final battle.

I just need Misty and Brock to turn up then I’d be extremely satisfied. I waited years for Misty to meet Dawn, so that would be epic. Plus it would be nice to have his current companions, his very first companions and the one who acted as his equal all their for support.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Who tho lol?
Copium that it’s Iris since she and Dawn already know each other and skips the awkward introduction but in all seriousness, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Paul.

It says “rivals” are watching. And he already knows Dawn so that skips the whole “hey do you know Ash too!!!”. He’s helped Ash a lot concerning the tournament (even Dragonite using its Draco Meteor thing) so I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Dawn travelled together there. He’s even been watching Cynthia’s and Ash’s match and possibly the whole tournament

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
This looks hype AF! Looking forward to this kicking off next week.

I do t entirely get the disappointment or hate for Leon’s team. I get that there are other Galar Pokémon that didn’t get any spotlight, which is a huge change for an Anipoke series, but it makes sense for two reasons.

The first is logistical. If they’re having as many production problems as rumors/Twitter says they are, then it makes sense to use Ace and Inteleon’s bank animation.

But there is a second reason. Libero Cinderace made me remember that Leon’s Battle Tower team is Charizard and the three Hidden Ability Galar starters. So it makes sense to use them here.

ShinyCharyZard

I guess the fact that they did just take all of the Galar Pokémon from Leon’s in-game Battle Tower roster and throw them into the match makes sense, especially when you consider they gave Cynthia an entire team of her DPPt Pokémon whilst leaving Kommo-o out of it, but still.. it’s a shame that we don’t get to see some of the other Galar Pokémon in the spotlight..

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I guess the fact that they did just take all of the Galar Pokémon from Leon’s in-game Battle Tower roster and throw them into the match makes sense, especially when you consider they gave Cynthia an entire team of her DPPt Pokémon whilst leaving Kommo-o out of it, but still.. it’s a shame that we don’t get to see some of the other Galar Pokémon in the spotlight..
Tell that to all the Johto and Alola Pokemon in Master 8...

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
First off: I'm cool with Leon using all three Galar starters. Honestly it feels rather thematic for him, as the grown up version of Ash and representative of the Galar region! Think it'll make for a fairer match than pitting Eternatus against the Journeys team, albeit less unique than giving Leon a Seismitoad or Rhyperior like he uses in-game. I've never been overly impressed with Goh's usage of the starters so it'll be nice to see Cinderace and Inteleon put through their paces in an actual battle! Libero on Cinderace is quite unique so they'll definitely make it more unique compared to Goh's.

Our match-ups for this fight look to be:
  • Pikachu vs. Cinderace
  • Gengar vs. Mr. Rime
  • Gengar vs. Inteleon
Cinderace used Mud Shot (the only Ground move it can actually learn), Mr. Rime looked to be using Psychic Terrain + an Ice move (Freeze-Dry, Blizzard, Icy Wind?) and Inteleon used a Water move of some description (Hydro Pump, Water Pledge or Whirlpool would be my guesses). Interesting movesets! I would expect to see Pyro Ball and Snipe Shot on the two starters since they're signature moves and it would give Ash an opportunity to counter them, I guess? Probably some sort of physical attack from both since the anime likes to mix offense between melee and ranged. Flame Charge + Liquidation maybe? Mr. Rime probably has a Psychic attack to benefit from the Terrain - I'm hoping for Expanding Force. Unless the terrain is Misty Terrain and Leon is using it to counter Will-o-Wisp? That would be unique, but it looked more like Psychic Terrain to me.

Gengar being used here is... interesting. Lots of speculation put it as the gimmick user for this fight since we had Mega Evolution vs. Cynthia and the Z-Move vs. Steven, although the added trailer indicates we may get the Z Move again at the end. Hopefully Gengar takes out Mr. Rime before losing to Inteleon so it doesn't job for a second battle in a row. Pikachu vs. Cinderace could go either way to be honest but I doubt either is being taken down here. Lucario vs. Cinderace would actually be kind of interesting in a later episode! Overall, looks good, excited for the battle.

Master Pikachu 11

So glad to see Dawn back and at the stadium with Chloe, looks like Dragonite is going perfect her move that she tried against Paul. Hopefully she battles Dragapault so we can finally get a pseudo vs pseudo battle.

Sham

Any hopes/wishes for Ash vs Leon?
I hope that three gimmick thing isn’t real. Even if he allows Ash to use all three gimmicks, if Leon doesn’t it makes it seem bad. If Leon uses Mega Evolution on Charizard (probably unlikely) and Dynamax one of his starters then it’s still cheap because it’s 2v3

ShinyCharyZard

Tell that to all the Johto and Alola Pokemon in Master 8...
Alola literally just had a league full of people using Alolan Pokémon only a few years ago. Johto representation would’ve been nice, but with Lance going out early it didn’t particularly make sense for anyone else to be using them when going by game rosters. Alain went out early, guess he could’ve had some. Iris repped the dragon types and everyone else pretty much stuck to their in-game shizz (except Lance’s Hydreigon).

It just doesn’t really bother me that Alola or anywhere else was left out. The only Alolan representation I would’ve loved to see was Incineroar to give it a proper battle and Melmetal to G-Max it..

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I hope that three gimmick thing isn’t real. Even if he allows Ash to use all three gimmicks, if Leon doesn’t it makes it seem bad. If Leon uses Mega Evolution on Charizard (probably unlikely) and Dynamax one of his starters then it’s still cheap because it’s 2v3
It could just be a general "use 3 gimmicks" rule as opposed to "use 3 distinct gimmicks". Sure he could end up with just triple gmax and be a bit lame, but at least it would be fair (+ lowkey would be fitting imo since Leon's repping Galar)

Sham

It could just be a general "use 3 gimmicks" rule as opposed to "use 3 distinct gimmicks". Sure he could end up with just triple gmax and be a bit lame, but at least it would be fair (+ lowkey would be fitting imo since Leon's repping Galar)
Leon is pretty much restricted to two though. Especially since his ace is the only Pokémon that can Dynamax and Mega Evolve. I believe you can only use Dynamax once per battle and Mega Evolution is only possible for Charizard.

I guess allowing him to Mega Evolve and then Dynamax is something but in terms of equal… I guess? Sorta, kinda maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.