• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Leon: Gigantamax Inteleon,Gigantamax Cinderace and Gigantamax Charizard
Ash: Pikachu 10MVT, Gigantamax Gengar and Mega Lucario.

Master Pikachu 11

I hope that three gimmick thing isn’t real. Even if he allows Ash to use all three gimmicks, if Leon doesn’t it makes it seem bad. If Leon uses Mega Evolution on Charizard (probably unlikely) and Dynamax one of his starters then it’s still cheap because it’s 2v3
Leon may Gigantamax three of his Pokémon which would explain why the other two staters are on his team, so if Ash uses all three gimmicks then I wouldn’t be shocked if they have Leon G Max three times as well.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Leon may Gigantamax three of his Pokémon which would explain why the other two staters are on his team, so if Ash uses all three gimmicks then I wouldn’t be shocked if they have Leon G Max three times as well.
…That’s my point. I’m pretty sure the Dynamax band works per battle. It’s the same reason why you've never seen somebody Mega Evolve another Pokémon after using another.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I much prefer Leon having the starters. Beyond the nature of having a starter set, it's just a good call to Goh and to see how Ash responds to battling these guys. If they weren't here, it would mean that Ash is going through 4 also-rans he has no distinct connection to before he gets to Rillaboom and Charizard. Now though, there's potential to keep the trainer reactions engaging throughout as he goes through the two extras, and THEN the starters.

It does seem like Rillaboom was shown early on solely because Goh's Grookey had remained a Grookey now.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
…That’s my point. I’m pretty sure the Dynamax band works per battle. It’s the same reason why you've never seen somebody Mega Evolve another Pokémon after using another.
It's a game rule, but was it ever mentioned in the show?

During XY, both Sawyer and Alain had 2 Pokemon who could mega (Salamence & Sceptile/Metagross & Charizard), but the situations where they used both only came up during the Kalos League. I don't think anyone else relevant had multiple mega-possible Pokemon + Mega Stones weren't exactly easily obtainable in the show (unless you're Audino but we don't talk about that episode). My in-universe headcanon says the Kalos League might have had rules against multiple Megas, but the real reason probably was to emulate the games. That being said, I don't want to watch all of XY again to figure out if they explicitly said anything.

Z-Moves very evidently have that restriction so nothing to say there.

PWC so far always had that 1 gimmick restriction and since I only primarily watched PWC fights, idk if anything was said about being able to DMax/GMax multiple times outside of it. Someone feel free to correct me.

TL;DR: unless anyone wants to go back and find a clip of someone explicitly mentioning 1 per battle for DMax, I still think it's a possibility. + As you said, it would be unfair if Leon only has 2; I'm down for the anime to break the game rules to balance things out.

Rohanator

Yeah one Dymamax per battle has only been mentioned as a man made rule in the anime, they've never said it's literally impossible. I think it's pretty obvious Leon will use 3 Gmaxes since Cinderace and Inteleon's haven't debuted yet, I'm okay with it since it'll prevent the whole "Ash won unfairly" thing and I think giving him Z and Mega Rings at this point would be kinda forced, Leon tripling down on the specialty of his home turf while Ash represents the variety of adventure's he's had is perfect.

Sham

No it hasn’t I don’t believe so.
During XY, both Sawyer and Alain had 2 Pokemon who could mega (Salamence & Sceptile/Metagross & Charizard), but the situations where they used both only came up during the Kalos League. I don't think anyone else relevant had multiple mega-possible Pokemon + Mega Stones weren't exactly easily obtainable in the show (unless you're Audino but we don't talk about that episode). My in-universe headcanon says the Kalos League might have had rules against multiple Megas, but the real reason probably was to emulate the games.
Oh okay, that’s fine and yes I believe you’re right with that one about only certain people being capable of Mega Evolution twice. Well technically Steven was as well but we’ve just never seen it.
PWC so far always had that 1 gimmick restriction and since I only primarily watched PWC fights, idk if anything was said about being able to DMax/GMax multiple times outside of it. Someone feel free to correct me.
What lead me to come to this conclusion (and this is just speculation), is that while Lance Dynamaxed as a his last resort Pokémon, Cynthia didn’t. She purposely placed a bet and Dynaxed Togekiss instead of Garchomp and didn’t even use it to advantage with Garchomp, her ace. So I’m assuming she had to pick only one.
TL;DR: unless anyone wants to go back and find a clip of someone explicitly mentioning 1 per battle for DMax, I still think it's a possibility. + As you said, it would be unfair if Leon only has 2; I'm down for the anime to break the game rules to balance things out.
Yeah, that’s true as well, I’d rather they just not have any of this because either way the battle is lopsided but they need to use Dynamax Gengar and if it at least comes off as generally fair I’m okay.

Last edited:

Sham

Yeah one Dymamax per battle has only been mentioned as a man made rule in the anime, they've never said it's literally impossible.
You can only Dynamax your Pokemon once per battle. Dynamax Pokemon will return to normal after three turns. During your playthrough of Pokemon Sword and Shield, your trainer will receive a Dynamax Band. Only trainers who possess a Dynamax Band are able to Dynamx their Pokemon.

Perhaps I have to replay the games but this what I got. I don’t even remember Dynamaxing multiple times in the Gyms.

Rohanator

I actually think the Z-move from the trailer is happening in this episode (or earlier than the climax anyway), VS G-Max Cinderace (there's a red glow so it's likely clashing with fire but it doesn't have to be Zard), finishing with 10 000 000 Volts again would be pretty underwhelming unless they did something creative with it, I think it'll rather be an early game play for momentum and Pikachu and Cinderace is already a known matchup so

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I struggle to imagine Cinderace Dynamaxing anyway, when Libero is being put up as the crux of Leon's strategy to using two fire types.

Sure, Cinderace can still GMax with that and retain the type change, but then that's putting a lot of focus on this rabbit when Mr. Great Blaze is the main target here.

AJ97

During XY, both Sawyer and Alain had 2 Pokemon who could mega (Salamence & Sceptile/Metagross & Charizard), but the situations where they used both only came up during the Kalos League. I don't think anyone else relevant had multiple mega-possible Pokemon + Mega Stones weren't exactly easily obtainable in the show (unless you're Audino but we don't talk about that episode). My in-universe headcanon says the Kalos League might have had rules against multiple Megas, but the real reason probably was to emulate the games. That being said, I don't want to watch all of XY again to figure out if they explicitly said anything.
The bar for Mega Evolution in the anime was that you need to have the closest bond/trust with this Pokemon (Outside of having the appropriate Mega Stone). So it was less likely for someone (Outside of MC) to have a deep relationship with everyone single pokemon on his team.
Makes no sense. If that were the case, Cynthia and Lance would've simply dynamaxed the entire team.

Rohanator

You can only Dynamax your Pokemon once per battle. Dynamax Pokemon will return to normal after three turns. During your playthrough of Pokemon Sword and Shield, your trainer will receive a Dynamax Band. Only trainers who possess a Dynamax Band are able to Dynamx their Pokemon.

Perhaps I have to replay the games but this what I got. I don’t even remember Dynamaxing multiple times in the Gyms.
Yea that's why I said in the anime, hello? Game rules only matter if the writers want them to matter, and if it's convenient for the story they'll likely ignore them.

And if they DO insist on following game logic then I guess they can have Leon use Eternatus revive his Dynamax band or something lol

Eevee903

You are awesome!
The animation actually looks really good. I'm allowing myself just a tiny dose of Hopium.
I will hope with you. LET'S HOPE
Sure, Cinderace can still GMax with that and retain the type change, but then that's putting a lot of focus on this rabbit when Mr. Great Blaze is the main target here.
Well Pikachu will probably beat it and Gengar will job probably lol, it is getting swept by Inteleon and Mr Rime

Status
Not open for further replies.