• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Makes no sense. If that were the case, Cynthia and Lance would've simply dynamaxed the entire team.
Except those fights had the explicit restriction of 1 gimmick/battle + we're speculating on what happens on Leon's side if that restriction is being lifted for Ash vs Leon?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yea that's why I said in the anime, hello? Game rules only matter if the writers want them to matter, and if it's convenient for the story they'll likely ignore them.

And if they DO insist on following game logic then I guess they can have Leon use Eternatus revive his Dynamax band or something lol
You said

Yeah one Dymamax per battle has only been mentioned as a man made rule in the anime
Which I’m assuming you thought originated in the anime and not something actually verified in the games but yeah. I highly doubt if you can Dynamax multiple times, Cynthia would have did the same thing to her ace and even out the playing field with Mega Lucario. And that wouldn’t conflict with the rules because it says you can only use one gimmick not how many times. It’s likely impossible

AJ97

Except those fights had the explicit restriction of 1 gimmick/battle + we're speculating on what happens on Leon's side if that restriction is being lifted for Ash vs Leon?
In your comment, you talk about Dynamax in particular. Whether the rules state that contestants are allowed to only use 1 variation in terms of gimmicks (So in essence, can use Multiple Mega Evolutions, Dynamaxes etc"..
This isn't the case.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
In your comment, you talk about Dynamax in particular. Whether the rules state that contestants are allowed to only use 1 variation in terms of gimmicks (So in essence, can use Multiple Mega Evolutions, Dynamaxes etc"..
This isn't the case.
I think the point is what happens if the rules are dropped. Is game logic followed where you can only Dynamax/Gigantimax once in battle? Or can you continue to use that gimmick if there aren't any rules preventing it.

Like in the Alola League finals - it required the Tapus to recharge both Ash and Kukui's ability to use Z-moves before the Pikachu/Tapu Koko battle. Is there a similar limiting factor here where Leon would need to use Eternatus to refill his Dynamax band?

doofinc

get rillaboomed
What lead me to come to this conclusion (and this is just speculation), is that while Lance Dynamaxed as a his last resort Pokémon, Cynthia didn’t. She purposely placed a bet and Dynaxed Togekiss instead of Garchomp and didn’t even use it to advantage with Garchomp, her ace. So I’m assuming she had to pick only one.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but I don't see why she couldn't have used Dynamax Garchomp instead of Dynamax Togekiss (she just didn't). 1 gimmick/battle rule was still in place for Ash/Cynthia. For the record, whenever I say 1 gimmick, I mean 1 instance of the gimmick i.e. only 1 DMax, not sure if that clears things up.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Hey wait a minute.

If Leon had an Inteleon this whole time...

Why the hell did they bring in a random CotD to debut it in that Sobble - In - Possible episode???

They could just used Leon's Inteleon and pretty much everything would've gone exactly the same.

Hell it would've been better because then there would've be actual build up for more members of Leon's team!
How dare you accuse the showrunners of having foresight and doing this little thing we call 'planning ahead'!

Sham

The Guardian of War
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but I don't see why she couldn't have used Dynamax Garchomp instead of Dynamax Togekiss (she just didn't). 1 gimmick/battle rule was still in place for Ash/Cynthia. For the record, whenever I say 1 gimmick, I mean 1 instance of the gimmick i.e. only 1 DMax, not sure if that clears things up.
Oh. I mean I took the “each trainer can utilize bla bla bla” of what they can do and not how many times they can do it.

And also I wasn’t saying she couldn’t have Dynamaxed Garchomp. I was saying that if it was possible to Dynamax both of them, she most likely wouldn’t have sent her ace flat out there instead utilizing it again to give her a chance of winning.

But most of this is just speculation. I just assumed the Dynamax band wouldn’t allow you to do something that quickly and instead need time to time back in

AJ97

I think the point is what happens if the rules are dropped. Is game logic followed where you can only Dynamax/Gigantimax once in battle? Or can you continue to use that gimmick if there aren't any rules preventing it.

Like in the Alola League finals - it required the Tapus to recharge both Ash and Kukui's ability to use Z-moves before the Pikachu/Tapu Koko battle. Is there a similar limiting factor here where Leon would need to use Eternatus to refill his Dynamax band?
I think it's a given that trainers can only G-Max/Dynamax once per battle. The only exception would be the Eternatus scenario you listed. (Leon managed to figure out a way to use Multiple G-Maxes etc"). Could be a reason why they did the whole Eternatus episode with him before his match against Ash.
Sham basically trying to add comments to diminish Ash's victory over Cynthia and make Iris seem better lmao..

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Oh. I mean I took the “each trainer can utilize bla bla bla” of what they can do and not how many times they can do it.
Ah okay gotcha. I interpreted the rule as "you can only use 1 and only 1 instance of a gimmick i.e. only 1 gmax, or 1 mega, or 1 zmove, cannot mix"

Too bad we just don't know japanese and have to rely on some not-super-reliable subs to know what the exact phrasing of the rule is ("I'm participating in this championship thing" omegalul)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ah okay gotcha. I interpreted the rule as "you can only use 1 and only 1 instance of a gimmick i.e. only 1 gmax, or 1 mega, or 1 zmove, cannot mix"

Too bad we just don't know japanese and have to rely on some not-super-reliable subs to know what the exact phrasing of the rule is ("I'm participating in this championship thing" omegalul)
Yeah. And yeah it would be nice to have an accurate translation but I guess we’ll find out tbh when the episode airs and or leaks come out since it is strange he has all the starters that can GMAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.