• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War

Broseph08

Dande with Libero-Aceburn and an Inteleon seemingly using Countershield? That's actually pretty based.

We need more hidden ability Pokemon, Go's Aceburn and Inteleon don't get a huge amount of formal battling so we get to see these species in a more battle-specific setting and I'm sure Dande having the Galar Big3 is pointing at something pertaining to Go who is away dealing with Project Mew with three Galar kids. I think this will remind Satoshi of Go hence the intial struggling. Here I thought Gorillander was just his secondary ace. Will the writers potentially show off Kyodaimax Inteleon and Aceburn here with Lizardon as the third for a triple gimmick fight against Satoshi's own three gimmicks?

On another note, I keep forgetting how newer starters are designed more as characters than a species so technically that means Dande's Intelon and Aceburn should act just like Go's, so obviously going for a power-of-friendship thing. Or Satoshi defeats them through knowledge of hanging around Go's the whole series. Or maybe Satopika-Z is useless cause Aceburn turns Ground-type or just resisting T-Bolt. Heck maybe Torrent in the title is talking about Inteleon's ability/prowess as a Water-type. I apparently missed all the Dande-Mugendaina doomposting, tg
I always felt Dragapalt should be Leon's secondary ace. Well actually, it should have been his main ace if it weren't for Game Freak's love affair with Charizard LOL. But either way, as the pseudo that role felt right for me but you def are right that Rillaboom has gotten more crazy feats than it so far in the M8 so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a tank in this fight. I honestly hope all his Pokemon are shown by formidable enough that they could be considered a secondary ace even though I know one will likely be like Cynthia's Gastradon which got bodied twice. I have a feeling Mr. Rime will be defeated without getting any wins for some reason

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Most realistic scenario for cameos with voice acting:

-Serena,Dawn and Chloe since they have appeared in JN already.
-Brock is easy too since he voices Wobbufet.
-Paul and Gladion have appeared too and Sawyer is easy due being Pikachu's VA

The rest could be silent cameos who knows?

DuskAstral

Most realistic scenario for cameos with voice acting:

-Serena, Dawn and Chloe since they have appeared in JN already.
Preview confirmed that Koharu and Hikari will appear in person at the stadium, so the cameo does not apply to them.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So why are starter pokemon considered bland, boring and uninteresting by so many people? What makes other pokemon more interesting or qualified for this battle other than subjective opinions about likes/dislikes? I had no idea Leon’s team will cause this kind of vitriol. I’m just genuinely curious, don’t want to come off as rude or anything.
Isn’t it being an opinion more than enough of a reason? I like the Galar starters a lot. I just want to see some variety. I wouldn’t call them boring. I’m ok with them being here. Just would’ve preferred something else instead of 2 Pokémon we’ve seen for a good chunk of this series.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Isn’t it being an opinion more than enough of a reason? I like the Galar starters a lot. I just want to see some variety. I wouldn’t call them boring. I’m ok with them being here. Just would’ve preferred something else instead of 2 Pokémon we’ve seen for a good chunk of this series.
Yes, but I was curious about the reasoning behind those statements. We have opinions based on something, whatever it may be.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yes, but I was curious about the reasoning behind those statements. We have opinions based on something, whatever it may be.
Most of it just seems to be a missed opportunity to see something new with a few people just not liking the Galar Starters.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I kinda believe they just realized Gigantamax Cinderace and Inteleon didn't debut yet and they decided to use them with Leon. The only real new Pokemon on Leons team is Mr Rime.

Made a list with what I think is most realistic
NameStadiumCameo somewhere elsechance to be voiced
MistyXYes
BrockxYes Wobbufet VA
TraceyX OaksNo
OakX OaksYes
MomXX OaksYes
MayX HoennVa issues
MaxXHoennNo
DawnXConfirmed
PaulXYes
IrisxYes
CilanX anywhereVa expensive
TripX UnovaCameo
BonnieX Luminous Cameo
ClemontX Luminous Va expensive
SerenaXYes
AlainXYes
LillieXYes
KukuiX schoolno
BurnetX schoolNo
GladionXYes
MallowX Pokemon schoolNo
KiaweX schoolNo
LanaX schoolNo
SolpaclesX schoolNo
SawyerXPikachu's VA
HauX schoolNo
GouX PMConfirmed
ChloexConfirmed

DuskAstral

Made a list with what I think is most realistic
NameStadiumCameo somewhere elsechance to be voiced
MistyXYes
BrockxYes Wobbufet VA
TraceyX OaksNo
OakX OaksYes
MomXX OaksYes
MayX HoennVa issues
MaxXHoennNo
DawnXConfirmed
PaulXYes
IrisxYes
CilanX anywhereVa expensive
TripX UnovaCameo
BonnieX LuminousCameo
ClemontX LuminousVa expensive
SerenaXYes
AlainXYes
LillieXYes
KukuiX schoolno
BurnetX schoolNo
GladionXYes
MallowX Pokemon schoolNo
KiaweX schoolNo
LanaX schoolNo
SolpaclesX schoolNo
SawyerXPikachu's VA
HauX schoolNo
GouX PMConfirmed
ChloexConfirmed
I agree with most, with one exception.
I don't see Iris and Alain in the stadium since they've returned to their regions.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I agree with most, with one exception.
I don't see Iris and Alain in the stadium since they've returned to their regions.
I mean technically they could return,but it isn't necessarily needed. They can't ALL return,that is for sure. Not sure what his mom will do,since Oak seems to be staying in Kanto.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Giving them to Leon so that he can rock out all the starters is not any better.
I don't know what went wrong honestly. Gou had the Dynamax Band ánd had the starters. And he had enough chances to do so.

He hasn't touched his Dynamax Band since he caught Eternatus and fought with Raboot against that Garbordor

Status
Not open for further replies.