• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: PM2019 129 - The Finals I: Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I mean technically they could return,but it isn't necessarily needed. They can't ALL return,that is for sure. Not sure what his mom will do,since Oak seems to be staying in Kanto.
More than likely they just didn’t want to pay her voice actresses considering they already had to do it in the first return + the four episodes of the Master Class and Cynthia’s would have been an additional three. Hopium she does come back especially if this is Ash’s final curtain call

As far as Delia goes, it’s hecka weird that she isn’t coming in person especially since they made it a point for to be in the Alola tournament. I’m pretty sure that at the very least Serena or Dawn will be there especially since Serena got a single episode.

Last edited:

AJ97

I agree with most, with one exception.
I don't see Iris and Alain in the stadium since they've returned to their regions.
I can see all the remaining Master Class Challengers watching the Finals together and Alain being part of them.
Assuming they bring Cilan to the stadium, then I see Iris joining him.

In case he makes a cameo offscreen, then I can see Iris also being part of the above setup.

Or another alternative is we see every champion watching the match from their respective region. In this context, maybe we see Iris watching the match with Drayden and Alain watching the match with Diantha from Kalos.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
More than likely they just didn’t want to pay her voice actresses considering they already had to do it in the first return + the four episodes of the Master Class and Cynthia’s would have been an additional three. Hopium she does come back especially if this is Ash’s final curtain call
True, let's hope. His mom is a weird case: she hasn't been voiced in the whole M8 tournament so far. She was voiced in JN114 and then it suddenly stopped. Oak was voiced,she wasn't.

And Brock or Misty should be there. No question about that. Serena too,since she promised to cheer for him. And knowing the writers I wouldn't be surprised they tried the same stunt they pulled in JN105.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
True, let's hope. His mom is a weird case: she hasn't been voiced in the whole M8 tournament so far. She was voiced in JN114 and then it suddenly stopped. Oak was voiced,she wasn't.

And Brock or Misty should be there. No question about that. Serena too,since she promised to cheer for him. And knowing the writers I wouldn't be surprised they tried the same stunt they pulled in JN105.
I think that Delia and Oak will be a case of Chloe where they’ve been watching from Kanto but will show up in person for the finale. It would be nice if Misty, Oak and Delia came together and Dawn and Brock as well from Sinnoh.

Yeah I can definitely see Serena returning as well.

AJ97

Not sure why most people are complaining about Leon getting Cinderace and Intelleon.
It would've been weird for an important character like him to only have 1 Galar Starter (Especially considering the fact that Rilaboom is not his ace).

Either way, I think Cinderace is going to play a big role in the Upcoming match with Libero. We can definitely see some good plays from Leon taking advantage of this and also probably some unique strategies from Ash to get around it.

Inteleon on the other hand seems interesting as it seems to have its own counter shield. Would be interesting if Leon reveals a superior version of the counter shield (Something he too came up with); considering he's suppose to be an older and more experienced version of Ash.
Chances are it's likely going to come down to Leon getting inspired by Ash's use of the same and incorporating it into his own team, which still is fun to see.

DuskAstral

Not sure why most people are complaining about Leon getting Cinderace and Intelleon.
I don't like it because these Pokémon are most associated with the Gou.
So many Galar Pokémon have not been revealed, and the developers instead of using them give Leon a rabbit and a chameleon, which have already appeared as Pokémon Gou.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I don't like it because these Pokémon are most associated with the Gou.
So many Galar Pokémon have not been revealed, and the developers instead of using them give Leon a rabbit and a chameleon, which have already appeared as Pokémon Gou.
I guess that is the biggest problem:

-The screentime could have been given to Galar Pokemon that didn't have focus.
-Would make Leons team more diverse typing wise (Dragon/Ghost,Flying/Fire,Psychic/Ice, Fire,Grass,Water)

What do you think will be the moveset of Leon’s pokemon?

Also do you think Ash’s team will reveal new moves?

tsunamimijumaru

It would've been weird for an important character like him to only have 1 Galar Starter (Especially considering the fact that Rilaboom is not his ace).

Either way, I think Cinderace is going to play a big role in the Upcoming match with Libero. We can definitely see some good plays from Leon taking advantage of this and also probably some unique strategies from Ash to get around it.

Inteleon on the other hand seems interesting as it seems to have its own counter shield. Would be interesting if Leon reveals a superior version of the counter shield (Something he too came up with); considering he's suppose to be an older and more experienced version of Ash.
Chances are it's likely going to come down to Leon getting inspired by Ash's use of the same and incorporating it into his own team, which still is fun to see.
I think the issue is that those slots could have been used for literally anything else. They can be considered boring choices seeing as we've seen plenty of those two starters with Goh and honestly, having waited all this time just to see Leon has the other two starters is kinda lackluster but that's just my opinion. I imagine since Ash has seen them in action already he'll find a way to beat them which I guess is to help make the battle a bit more believable. If they really wanted more Galar reps they had plenty of other options seeing how a lot of them have been reduced to cameos or gatcha mons.

Edit:

Leon usually only has Charizard and one of the Galar starters anyway so why would it be weird for him to only use one?

Last edited:

tsunamimijumaru

Hard to say for Leon's team, plus his Charizard's moveset is always different.

Ash's team's movesets are usually set in stone by the final battle but would love to see Dracovish replace Water Gun and Sirfetch'd replace Fury Cutter. Detect feels unnecessary as well to be honest. He has a shield, every pokemon has dodge as a 5th move anyway and there was ridiculously large gap between its usage.

Gengar's moveset is perfect, Dragonite's confuses me because she had DD and two special moves and Lucario's movepool is so diverse and lacks variety.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I think that Delia and Oak will be a case of Chloe where they’ve been watching from Kanto but will show up in person for the finale.
I think they showed Oak back in the lab still watching so he probably stays in Kanto unless Charizard yoinks him there mid-fight.

No sign of Delia tho IIRC so she's still possible.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme

I think Ash's team won't change moves - we got access to them in-game during the Cynthia battles (and a bit before if I recall correctly) so I suspect they'll remain the same. Only change we may see is Lucario "lose" Double Team for Steel Beam since I believe the Ash's Lucario we got from the event had Steel Beam over Double Team? Even though it didn't use the move against Cynthia? But we'll see.

As for Leon...

Cinderace - so far we've seen it use Mud Shot (I really doubt it's Scorching Sands, the move looked like a projectile and not sandy at all) and I think it's a given it'll have Pyro Ball. I predict it'll have Flame Charge and maybe Iron Head? To boost its Speed and counter Pikachu's Iron Tail, respectively.

Inteleon - I have no idea what move it's using, Hydro Pump / Whirlpool / Water Pledge were my guesses. I'd expect Snipe Shot as well, maybe Liquidation or Aqua Jet, and idk what else - Dark Pulse would be cool? U-Turn? Choices are endless.

Mr. Rime - Psychic Terrain and Blizzard / Icy Wind / Freeze-Dry for sure just based on what we've seen. Expanding Force to work in tandem with Psychic Terrain would be cool, and I'd like to see Copycat or Mimic being utilised! Think that'd be quite funky.

Rillaboom - Drum Beating, Acrobatics, Knock Off, High Horsepower. Confirmed, don't see it changing.

Dragapult - Dragon Darts and Dragon Rush have been seen, other moves I think would be cool are Phantom Force, Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump and/or Thunder.

Charizard - Flamethrower is a given, right? I could see Dig making a come-back to counter Pikachu, a Dragon type move like Dragon Claw / Dragon Pulse to deal with Ash's Dragons and maybe Air Slash?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Leon usually only has Charizard and one of the Galar starters anyway so why would it be weird for him to only use one?
Leon’s Battle Tower team is Charizard and the three hidden ability Galar starters.

Broseph08

Charizard: Could be anything because it keeps changing its moves but I'm going to guess Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, and either Ancient Power or Dig for Pikachu

Cinderace: Pyro Ball and one of Mud Shot/Scorching Sands seem to be locks. I have a feeling Electroball will be one move as well since electric type Cinderace would be fun. For the last move, it'll be a different type so we get the full Libero gimmick. Court change if they want to write some trickery into the battle or another regular damage dealing movie like Focus Blast/Double Kick or Iron Head

Mr. Rime: I'm like 90% sure Freeze Dry was shown in the trailer. Psychic is also a safe bet and the others are a crapshoot but I'll guess Dazzling Gleam and Mirror Coat

Rillaboom: Acrobatics, Drum Beating, High Horsepower, Knock off. I think this one is locked in since it's what he's used based on the wiki. That's also a crazy good movepool now that I look at it now lol. No wonder this mf is OP as hell

Inteleon: Snipe Shot is a lock since it is its signature move. I'm not sure what the move it used in the preview was but I'm guessing Surf or Muddy Water. From there, its a crapshoot but I'll say Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball for coverage

Dragapult: Dragon Rush and Dragon Darts are locks. I'm also like 99% sure that it will have Phantom Force since it's the strongest Ghost move it can learn. After that, any damage dealing move Double Edge, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, etc.. although Last Resort would be fun

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
That's one of many teams he can have. He can have a team without any of the starters or one with them but without their Hidden Abilities.
That’s the only one I’ve run into, and it kicked my butt every time.

But I just looked at Bulbapedia, and yeah, you’re right.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If more then two of Ash's pokemon go down in this part of this FOUR part battle I swear to god smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.