• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 21st: SM93 - The Hero Liliel and the Alolan Cane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya'll wtf is going on with Vulpix in that pic lol??

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
can Jessie just go away, please?

I really hope that the writers don't go back to the old ways of having Team Rocket being annoying in this episode.
I don't think Team Rocket is capable of being anything but annoying in an episode like this. They have no business butting in, when the role of Lunala could have easily been played by one of the classmates, such as Mallow or Lana, thus giving that character much-needed screentime. But nope, the writers have decided to shove Jessie's vanity and ego into our faces again.

I wouldn't mind if Delia flies in from Kanto to see her son perform in a play. Who knows? Perhaps she regrets not flying to other regions to watch her son participate in the regional leagues, and she is making up all she missed. Perhaps she will visit Alola to watch Ash participate in the Alola League. :p

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't think Team Rocket is capable of being anything but annoying in an episode like this. They have no business butting in, when the role of Lunala could have easily been played by one of the classmates, such as Mallow or Lana, thus giving that character much-needed screentime. But nope, the writers have decided to shove Jessie's vanity and ego into our faces again.

I wouldn't mind if Delia flies in from Kanto to see her son perform in a play. Who knows? Perhaps she regrets not flying to other regions to watch her son participate in the regional leagues, and she is making up all she missed. Perhaps she will visit Alola to watch Ash participate in the Alola League. :p
She'll visit Alola and decide to participate in the League, destroying everyone in her path with ease and nabbing the "First Champion of Alola" title for herself.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary and staff list:

It's been decided that Satoshi and the others will put on a play at the Pokémon School. As the play begins they all act their parts, albeit in a slightly nervous manner, but then the Rocket Gang barges in, having stumbled over a copy of the script that Satoshi dropped earlier.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Ah, Asada Yuuji is back to storyboarding for other teams again. Since Naoi is an animation supervisor for this episode then Iwane Masa'aki will very likely be working on it as a key animator, too!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I guess Team Rocket stumbles upon the script as part of their plan, which involved infiltrating the Pokémon School at night. Pretty sure Ash and his classmates could spend a day rehearsing on the day before.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
God damn it Ash, stop helping TR steal your pokemon -_- ....

DatsRight

Maybe when Lillie stops being a damsel in distress, Kiawe stops falling victim to his own hubris, Sophocles can more than run five steps and Mallow......does anything.

Maybe when Brock stops chasing girls. NEVER!!!

Every twerp needs their moronic qualities, especially to give bungling adversaries like Team Rocket a fighting chance. :p

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I doubt he would have dropped the script on his own intention. I only believe that was so only to drive the plot forward.

DatsRight

I just hope this is more of a play for laughs idiot ball moment, compared to the Steenee evolution TR face off where the holes in the trap required everyone to be ridiculously stupid and yet play it straight.

I hope this slight surge of TR fillers doesn't mean we're going to go back to spamming them at their worst and most repetitive for the rest of the series like every previous one did at their tail end (besides maybe BW where they were only relatively worse).

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hmm, if everyone's nervous, wouldn't it be a twist that Team Rocket actually end up saving the play? It'd fit their showboat nature.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It’ll be great to see Team Rocket save them but it’ll be nice for the time no one knows Team Rocket performed. Then we could have Team Rocket snicker something about getting a lot of money from performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.