• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: PM2019 084 - The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Greninja is the flatest Pokemon Ash ever owned as a late-stage Pokemon. In personality, at least.
Most of his regional birds are way more bland. At least Greninja was established to be pretty reserved, calm, and selfless.

kickachu

Momentai!
You know since dp I wanted ash to get riolu and evolve into Lucario and now's it's happen. When xy started I hoped he get to mega evolve his pokemon and now it's happening I don't know what to expect

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
All of Ash's Kalos Pokemon bar Hawlucha had the personality of wet paper... Goodra sorta, sometimes had some, I guess
Whaat.

Froakie had plenty of personality. He often blushed when getting complimented. He has very determined to beat Frogadier. They even had an episode that dealt with Froakie and Hawlucha's personalities clashing.

Fletchling was a mischievous little thing in his debut but was always willing to try hard for Ash. It was so proud of itself after training for the rematch with Viola. It was so determined to prove Talonflame wrong in the Sky Battle. As a Fletchinder, it even used it's Flame Body to help hatch Noibat and was always willing to help it learn to fly. It sacrificed itself to protect Ash from Moltres.

Noibat showed plenty of personality as well. Plus it's relationship with Hawlucha was so wholesome.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do you honestly want to say that AG didn't have a personality? It's personal preference to say that you felt his personality was boring or bland, but saying that he had no personality at all runs in direct conflict with what the show established.
This is its personality:

*stare*

It was that no-nonsense stare that put Ash back to the straight and narrow.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And they were still handled better than the Journeys team
Nope. The XY team only wins by appearances alone (except Noivern) but it loses on the personality department.

The Journeys team had some of that SM team personality magic(?), except they were all cursed with an extreme lack of appearances over whoever was occupying Goh's shoulder.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Nope. The XY team only wins by appearances alone (except Noivern) but it loses on the personality department.

The Journeys team had some of that SM team personality magic(?), except they were all cursed with an extreme lack of appearances over whoever was occupying Goh's shoulder.
Hmm, don't know about that one chief... Talonflame and Greninja got used a lot, for mixed results
That's fair

We all know DP and SM were the best Teams anyways

RafaSceptile

tbh I prefer it since at least it's a narrative reason why Ash isn't taking the pokemon that literally synchronizes with him to future regions.
I'm fine with either, but I can't consider it better than being sent to Oak's ranch if you can do either and absolute nothing changes.

Yes it does? Greninja leaving Ash to help Kalos is a fitting end for a Pokemon who once only fought and trained for himself. It shows the growth of Greninja and his bond with Ash with both being two intertwining characters whose development hinged on each other as their bond is now made use for a higher purpose, which was once again narratively built up before and executed flawlessly in the episode itself.

AG not being mentioned again doesn't change any of that. What a stupidly pedantic and arbitrary threshold. Definitely not something I put any stock in or care about.
Not really, you can literally replace it with being sent to Oak's ranch and absolutely nothing changes. If you are going to do something, at least you should have a proper justification to go on that route.

So your logic is it hasn't returned so it's bad? What kind line of thinking is that? So basically you're saying the likes his alola and unova mons are also bad because they haven't shown any growth at all, and they've actually appeared so they must be even worse.

Being released with a purpose is much better than just rotting in the labs. At least there's a narrative reason why ash hasn't tried to get it, unlike all his lab mons who are being ignored for no reason while he's aiming for the top.
Yes, that also includes his Alola and Unova mons. There is no reason narrative reason to ignore them, similar to how there is no narrative reason for Greninja to be released...yet. It can change if we see how it actually helped to Greninja's character.

Morax

King of heroes
Not really, you can literally replace it with being sent to Oak's ranch and absolutely nothing changes. If you are going to do something, at least you should have a proper justification to go on that route.
Look at it this way, at oak’s ranch he can relax and have fun but he chose to cut radioactive grass instead? That’s a purpose alright.

RafaSceptile

Most of his regional birds are way more bland. At least Greninja was established to be pretty reserved, calm, and selfless.
Actually I remember Talonflame to have some decent personality as Fletchinder-Fletchling, but it was lost when it evolved.

Nah, personality wise, only Talonflame was bland consistently. Noivern as well, but Noibat was great.

AG, Hawlucha, and Goodra have some of the best personalities of any of Ash's Pokemon imo.
Hawlucha and Goodra yes, AG was one of the most boring Ash's mons in terms of personality.

Calm, collected, basically a ninja, I know it's not the most interesting personality a Pokémon could have but it was definitely still there
I think the correct word is "Boring" instead of "Not having personality". Greninja was great in terms of plot minus his conclusion, but personality wise it was just...bland.

Whaat.

Froakie had plenty of personality. He often blushed when getting complimented. He has very determined to beat Frogadier. They even had an episode that dealt with Froakie and Hawlucha's personalities clashing.

Fletchling was a mischievous little thing in his debut but was always willing to try hard for Ash. It was so proud of itself after training for the rematch with Viola. It was so determined to prove Talonflame wrong in the Sky Battle. As a Fletchinder, it even used it's Flame Body to help hatch Noibat and was always willing to help it learn to fly. It sacrificed itself to protect Ash from Moltres.

Noibat showed plenty of personality as well. Plus it's relationship with Hawlucha was so wholesome.
The problem was when those Pokémon fully evolved minus Noivern. Greninja and Talonflame were just very bland during their final stages.

And they were still handled better than the Journeys team
I would say the XY team is better at having screentime and battles, but imo the JN team has a better personality with his much lower appearences.

Look at it this way, at oak’s ranch he can relax and have fun but he chose to cut radioactive grass instead? That’s a purpose alright.
We know some Ash's Pokémon also train at Oak's ranch like Infernape, so 50-50.

Ash Greninja’s personality was “gotta be the strongest ever” and ironically wet the bed when it mattered most in the finals.
SM Team is meh tbh. Incineroar and Lycanroc carry, the rest suck. DP and AG teams are great.
It’s disappointing how Ash has two Dragon types (arguably most powerful type) on his Kalos team but both jobbed. Then again, we didn’t see the full league.

Status
Not open for further replies.