• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: PM2019 084 - The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I would’ve taken any other Pokémon getting a Mega before Lucario (especially Glalie or Gengar) but it’s better than it just being stoic Lucario #1385. Still dumb they didn’t give any Kalos Pokémon Megas. As I said in the other thread, just don’t drag this out with Ash struggling with Lucario going crazy.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm guessing it's because megas aren't a permanent transformation, unlike regular evolutions (also btw he caught Phanpy in Johto). Plus I doubt they wanted to make a non-current gen mon Ash's ace
Yes but aren't they doing that now? Lucario? I understand the logic behind it but what they're doing now completely destroys any excuse anybody made as to why A-G needed to exist. And yes I forgot Phanpy was caught in Johto but essentially wasn't even really used until BF Kanto.

ShadowForce720

Yes but aren't they doing that now? Lucario? I understand the logic behind it but what they're doing now completely destroys any excuse anybody made as to why A-G needed to exist. And yes I forgot Phanpy was caught in Johto but essentially wasn't even really used until BF Kanto.
No, it doesn’t because the anime works now was different then how it work back during X&Y(Z).

Back during X&Y(Z) they were still focused and perhaps even restricted to having Ash only have current gen Pokémon on his team at the time.

Where in this series Ash is able to catch past gen Pokémon.

Red and Blue

I don't think this contradicts Ash Greninja needing to exist. This is happening at a time were Ash is allowed to catch Pokemon outside of the new generation. Had we gotten a SwSh series I doubt he would have gotten Lucario

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yes but aren't they doing that now? Lucario? I understand the logic behind it but what they're doing now completely destroys any excuse anybody made as to why A-G needed to exist.
How does giving Ash a Mega Lucario now destroy any reasons for creating Ash-Greninja two series ago?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
No, it doesn’t because the anime works now was different then how it work back during X&Y(Z).

Back during X&Y(Z) they were still focused and perhaps even restricted to having Ash only have current gen Pokémon on his team at the time.

Where in this series Ash is able to catch past gen Pokémon.
Each series constantly changes formulas and different details than it predecessors. Calling out the irony of Ash not getting a mega only for him to get it four/five years later isn’t an issue. Obviously this was never a true restriction and something simply the writers just didn’t want to do and have now done away with it. Ash doesn’t need to have a team of Pokémon promoting the current generation so theoretically they could of just had him catch an old Pokémon (which they’re doing now) and allow it to mega evolve. The writers created a cage for themselves and because of that created (yes I know they didn’t really create it) a barely explained phenomenon with little to no explanation when they simply could of just allowed him to have a mega evolution already established like they’re doing now.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question anybody think Lucario will be disobedient like korrina's was because it'll be hard for ash to control it at first

Kungfu-Bear

I wonder if MegaStone would really be needed to defeat Bea's Grapploct, since baby Riolu was already a match for it with just a few 'weeks' of training.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It’s more pointless to give a Mega Evolution to a Nurse Joy who from what we know doesn’t really battle.

If they can give a Mega Evolution to a character that almost practically never battles, then there isn’t really any reason they couldn’t give one to Goh as well.

Sure maybe you personally don’t want Goh to have one which is fine as everyone has their preferences and some people didn’t want Ash to get a Mega Evolutions.

However regardless of how some people may feel about Goh getting a Mega Evolution and Z-Move are fair game since he is a main character.
Who cares about a random character who will never appear again?

Tbf i can see why people don’t want goh to get a mega ring, if they assume he’ll never get a use for it. He’s a main character so people would always question where his mega ring is and why he isn’t using it, chekov’s gun and all that. For a Cotd, using it in their episode is enough as they’ve fulfilled their narrative purpose and disappear from the story.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m wondering if Ash’s Lucario will lose control of its aura and go feral when it mega evolves like Korrina’s did

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’m wondering if Ash’s Lucario will lose control of its aura and go feral when it mega evolves like Korrina’s did
would rather not have that.

ShadowForce720

Just pointing this out but the whole reason why Korrina’s Lucario lost control of it’s aura and would go feral whenever it first Mega Evolved was because Korrina and her Lucario weren’t truly in sync.

Looking at Ash’s relationship with his Lucario I don’t think they are out of sync so their for they likely won’t have the problem that Korrina and her Lucario had to deal with.

I wish we got Charizard Y before Lucario for an Ash mega (thanks, fanfic...)

Well, I guess at least Ash is FINALLY using Mega Evolution (Greninja doesn't exactly count)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Just pointing this out but the whole reason why Korrina’s Lucario lost control of it’s aura and would go feral whenever it first Mega Evolved was because Korrina and her Lucario weren’t truly in sync.

Looking at Ash’s relationship with his Lucario I don’t think they are out of sync so their for they likely won’t have the problem that Korrina and her Lucario had to deal with.

don't really understand why there has to be conflict when it comes to stuff, evolution or gimmick...

Rohanator

I don't think there was really a restriction in terms of what Mons Satoshi could've gotten in XY as much as focusing on Greninja simply being the best choice both story telling and marketing wise, in terms of story I understand if the writers didn't wanna just throw in Charizard or something last minute after setting up Froakie as the new main Mon (iirc Ash-Greninja was specifically requested from Gamefreak by Yajima, XY in general had the least continuity ever so he may have just wanted to give full attention to the stuff HE came up with as director rather than relying on old characters), and marketing wise Greninja was of course super popular so might as well capitalize on that and give it another form for even more merch.

This is awesome. Looking forward to seeing Korrina‘s return and Ash finally getting a long-overdue Mega.

So this raises an interesting question. They’ve released the summary for this episode, but they haven’t released the summary for the episode that comes before it. So who or what is returning in that episode (besides Korrina)? Could this be Bonnie and Clemont’s return?
Don’t give me hope...

Ash vs Alain rematch MCX vs AG 1v1

Status
Not open for further replies.