• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: PM2019 084 - The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
He's Pikasexual.

If this Olivia can kiss bulls in the mouth, Ash will do so but much earlier.
Nah, he's obviously rivalsexual. Ash always be looking for some rivals like he's looking for a romantic partner

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You have an interesting imagination, but Satoshi has never felt anything for Serena. I even suspect he's asexual. Besides, the creators once said that Satoshi will never have a romantic relationship with any girl, because there are fights in his head, not romances.
I’m not going to derail this thread with an argument about that. I don’t want to see this get locked.

I hope we can agree to disagree as there are a lot of things in XY that are open to fan interpretation.

I would also like to introduce you to the concept of “Death of the Author,” which holds that the author’s intention/interpretation are just as valid as the reader’s/viewer’s interpretation of the work. (Side Note: Death of the Author is one reason why ALL ships are valid. It’s all based on fan interpretation, including your interpretation that Ash is ACE/ARO.)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
@DuquÊ?

What about this one ?
pokemon-memes-pokemon-power-rangers

"Credits":CheezBurger
And......... this one?
image2.jpg

"Credits":Nerdy Ninja Platypus

I changed my sign, it was getting old. Nice cosplays, tho.

I wonder who's a challenger that battle Ash's Lucario and gets the Mega Stone?
If there is a pokemon guarding the lucarionite instead a bunch of deadly traps. But, if there's someone in the island able to mega evolve a pokemon, it'll be Ash's trial.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'd be pretty disappointed if Pikachu battled against Charizard without Gigantamaxing tbh. What I'm hoping is that Ash and Pikachu eventually decide to focus on mastering and properly controlling its giant body before the Master Class

I honestly don't care, Pikachu should stick to something that's more effective for it, like it's OP Z-move.

Because let's face it, the second you dynamax it becomes more of an endurance test because you can no longer dodge attacks, and that's how Pikachu's generally been fighting this entire series, it's got speed and evasion but strong enough force can knock it out.

Yes there have been a few occasions where Pikachu has had it's endurance improved (Like Ash's battle with Flint where it took more hits than Buizel and Infernape), but those times are rare, and it's never exactly been consistent.

Let Gengar or someone else carry that burden against Leon, because I just can't see Pikachu do it.

ZarudeSandstorm

Frieza was a villain, Leon is not. Pokemon battles lack that narrative weight because they are kid-friendly sports competitions with nothing at stake. This anime will never come close to any of those DBZ battles like Goku vs Vegeta, Goku vs Frieza, Trunks vs Cell etc.
Pokemon anime is the best anime, way better than DBZ, Attack on Titan, HxH, Death Note, FMA etc.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Frieza was a villain, Leon is not. Pokemon battles lack that narrative weight because they are kid-friendly sports competitions with nothing at stake. This anime will never come close to any of those DBZ battles like Goku vs Vegeta, Goku vs Frieza, Trunks vs Cell etc.
I mean, you can still make low-stakes, or even just for fun battles have weight. It all depends on the dynamics between the fighters and what story is being told through the fight (which is what I feel JN especially fumbles at)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Maybe not on a world saving stakes level, but even sports competitions can be so much more competitive with the right characters and stakes, like in Haikyuu. Karasuno vs Aoba with the Kageyama and Oikawa rivalry and especially Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa with Ushijima being the massive Wall that Karasuno had to overcome as a team. Pokémon's closest version was the Paul rivalry, but JN just doesn't have any personal stakes, even less than post DP which is what makes it so bland so far.

Morax

King of heroes
Maybe not on a world saving stakes level, but even sports competitions can be so much more competitive with the right characters and stakes, like in Haikyuu. Karasuno vs Aoba with the Kageyama and Oikawa rivalry and especially Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa with Ushijima being the massive Wall that Karasuno had to overcome as a team. Pokémon's closest version was the Paul rivalry, but JN just doesn't have any personal stakes, even less than post DP which is what makes it so bland so far.
Dude haikyuu on a whole another level lol. This comparison is an insult to haruichi furudate.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Dude haikyuu on a whole another level lol. This comparison is an insult to haruichi furudate.
You're right lol, but then again no matter what comparison I bring up, it'll feel like an insult to said series

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Let's compare it to another merch-driven series.
Yugioh almost always ends in a low-stake duel but those are usually considered among the best in their series aside from Arc V but we don't talk about that

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Goh: So Ash, who’s that girl with you?
Ash: <Eyes shine and glimmer> <Stares at picture and smiles>
Korrina: That’s Serena. She is a performer that has a huge crush on Ash. I think Ash kind of has a crush on her too.
Goh: Wait until Chloe hears about this.

Yeah okay, that's happening.

Which will obscure Serena and Clemont and Bonnie completely.

So much like the Korrina arc, very fitting.

TomRC121991

Ash challenge something in the cave where the Lucarionite is and then catch it. I wonder is going to be?
Sableye, Salemence, Aggron, Steelix or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.