• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: PM2019 084 - The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I enjoyed Bianca too so that’s good to hear. She showed a lot of skill like against Trip who she beat way before Ash could. She was mostly used for those filler tournaments where all the rivals joined up together but those were still some of her best moments IMO. We only got one battle between her Ash iirc which is unfortunate

As for Bea, I’m liking her role as being the closest thing Ash has a rival this series as she’s one of the more competitive Galar characters. It seems we’re reaching their final battle soon and I would’ve hoped for at least one episode where we get to see more of her character outside of a battle but I’m mostly satisfied with her role her.

I also wanted to see if Marnie would show up as she’s one of only 5 female rival characters alongside May, Bianca, Serena, & Shauna. I definitely agree on welcoming more female rivals for Ash. At least we’re getting Cynthia soon

I remember those tournaments! I loved the Don Battles! I really enjoyed the rivals and thought they were a lot of fun! Getting to see everyone have a rival and then get to regularly battle them at tournaments was so refreshing and really added a nice feeling to the series. I definitely need to get back to re-watching the series, I think I left off on Episode #30.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
I remember those tournaments! I loved the Don Battles! I really enjoyed the rivals and thought they were a lot of fun! Getting to see everyone have a rival and then get to regularly battle them at tournaments was so refreshing and really added a nice feeling to the series. I definitely need to get back to re-watching the series, I think I left off on Episode #30.
What I liked about them was getting the chance to see rival vs rival battles like what we would see in league battles (like Barry vs Paul; Sawyer vs Tierno; Gladion vs Kiawe). Seeing Ash face Georgia, or Iris vs Burgundy, where a main character would battle against another main character’s primary rival was something they hadn’t really experimented before and was really cool to watch. On the other hand the fact that they had three of those tournament type events in the first 90-ish episodes really struck me as a creative writing issue. It was better than having those slots be nothing but fillers, but the fact that they kept repeating them was really odd.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
What I liked about them was getting the chance to see rival vs rival battles like what we would see in league battles (like Barry vs Paul; Sawyer vs Tierno; Gladion vs Kiawe). Seeing Ash face Georgia, or Iris vs Burgundy, where a main character would battle against another main character’s primary rival was something they hadn’t really experimented before and was really cool to watch. On the other hand the fact that they had three of those tournament type events in the first 90-ish episodes really struck me as a creative writing issue. It was better than having those slots be nothing but fillers, but the fact that they kept repeating them was really odd.

I liked seeing them because they provided a chance to act as bullet points showing off development and character interactions through battles. It was a fresh change of pace considering how little in the way of rivalries the franchise had indulged in up to that point. I think it was also in part about using BANK animation to save on shots and time for the production. Personally, though, seeing Langley and Cabernet involved in these cute scenes with Iris and Dent while also included battles really just really nice to see. I really wish these characters had had more episodes. All-in-all all of the rivals made the types of scenes we could see in the series much more varied in comparison to only using Satoshi, Iris and Dent. What made DP so good was that Satoshi would have his scenes with Shinji and the gym leaders while Hikari and Hikari both had their scenes with their Coordinating rivals. Giving Takeshi his own rival would have helped spice up the types of episodes seen, too.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well it happend to Lana too in SM. Favoritism I mean

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh while I liked that the companions got rivals in BW, it was weird that they themselves didn't fight their rivals much. And even weirder that Burgundy and Georgia both disappeared anticlimactically right before the league

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The rivals in BW were a serious and excessive waste. A lot of rival characters and little use to all of them.

Georgia seriously would have been a better rival for Ash than Bianca.

Well it happend to Lana too in SM. Favoritism I mean
I’ll never understand the writer’s crush on Lana to the point of make her the ace of the classroom. Mallow and Sophocles could have used a little of that. At least, Sophocles had some decent competition episodes.

MartínK

The day we get a female rival for Satoshi is the day all the misogynists in this fandom will run out of control so I'm both looking forward to it and also not looking forward to them. :lol:

The best chance that we had was Astrid but the writers decided to create Sawyer instead (Bianca was never a treat to Ash)

Because of the SM anime style Ash didn't have a rival like the other sagas, although i like how they portraited Gladion.

The worst was AG, Ash didn't have a rival in the entire journey (I'm not counting pokémon leagues rivals like Morrison and Tyson)

D

Deleted member 384931

The best chance that we had was Astrid but the writers decided to create Sawyer instead (Bianca was never a treat to Ash)

Because of the SM anime style Ash didn't have a rival like the other sagas, although i like how they portraited Gladion.

The worst was AG, Ash didn't have a rival in the entire journey (I'm not counting pokémon leagues rivals like Morrison and Tyson)
Can we even call Bea and Satoshi rivals if we compare them to past rivals?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
How so? Its not on the 15th of this month then?

No:

Seems like Dekamori Hunter is airing on the 15th in Pokemon's timeslot, so we're getting another break then. It's odd, that show moved to Tuesdays a while ago, are they moving it back to Fridays?

Who knows. Dekamori Hunter used to air as a 60 minute show on Fridays at 6:55pm-7:55pm, then when Pokemon got moved into this slot it got changed into a 30 minute show and aired after Pokemon, from 7:25:-7:55. When TV Tokyo created their Friday Night Anime block in April and moved Shinkalion into THAT slot, Dekamori Hunter ended as a regular show and moved to the Tuesday night 6:25pm-8:55pm slot where it airs as an irregular 2.5 hour show, rotating with a couple other shows.

Last episode aired last week and had a note at the end saying the next episode would be airing October 15th at 6:55pm.

IWyFxIB.jpg

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Man, the closest thing to look forward to in over a month, is Ash baking cakes. Shhhhhh. These breaks are just frustrating.
Cake is cake tho lul :3

Status
Not open for further replies.