• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: PM2019 084 - The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last series Ash exclusively had:

A new variation of Lycanroc
A newly discovered Mythical Pokemon
An ultra beast
An exclusive Z-Move

Plus the special attention of an Island deity. When isn't it "fanfiction-y "
And yet they didn’t have him win Kalos and have him all this **** in Alola

Ash Greninja’s character arc is wasted man, but that’s a whole another story. We’ll tackle that when I watch and analyze XYZ like next summer

Master Pikachu 11

Since its called mega island, maybe we will get to see more mega evolutions... <3
We could if there are other trainers on that island, since most Megas need trainers with the exception of legendaries that is.
Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross and Glalie crying in Offscreenland.

Even Gengar.
Gengar is going to get to Gigantamax
Ash fans should be very happy. He's getting 2 focus episodes in a row (Alcreamie and now this), assuming that there's a Break between the 8th and the 22nd

Go is never mentioned in Ash centric episodes summaries. He'll be there, just sidelined like he usually is in these episodes
I don’t think it will be a break, but will be an episode where Korrina shows up and gives Ash the keystone.
I'm gonna be honest, I saw this coming, and I have no idea why people are so annoyed.
Like, I get Gengar is in serious need of focus, and I don't disagree, but Gengar's probably going to get focus in the future, especially considering Ashandserena's translation.
The only way I'll be disappointed is if Goh gets a mega.
Gengar will get focus in mastering its G-Max form in the future.

Rune Knight

If Ash is receiving his keystone in an episode prior to this one, then that could hint at two episodes set in Kalos. So hopefully, other XY characters beside Korrina could appear.

Perhaps Mega Island is a gold-mine for a variety of mega stones, and since we know that Alain is looking for his own Charizardnite I'm thinking that he could show up here. Perhaps he is the one who locates the island and contacts Ash to join him on an expedition knowing that he needs a Lucarionite for himself.

Rune Knight

This is so out of place. About halfway into the series (probably), they decided to give Ash a mechanic that has been featured since 2013 and is not part of the games for a few years. What are they trying to do with it? Why only now?

My thought is that the franchise is popular enough so the anime doesn't need to act as some giant commercial for the games anymore, allowing it to do its own thing.

I guess that they want to bring Lucario to its maximum potential and have it as its best when it goes up against Bea.

I am hoping that Bea will utilize a G.Max Machamp against Ash's Lucario since in my opinion I feel like Grapploct wouldn't be much of a challenge for it anymore; giving us a G.Max vs. Mega battle of the gimmicks like SM did with Brock and Misty.

Morax

King of heroes
This is so out of place. About halfway into the series (probably), they decided to give Ash a mechanic that has been featured since 2013 and is not part of the games for a few years. What are they trying to do with it? Why only now?
Because they have more freedom now than they did back in 2013? There's no other explanation. Back then they were on a tight schedule to prioritise the current generation. PM2019 is relatively lenient in that department.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Idk how to feel about Satoshi getting all these power-ups at once.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Imagine being a kid watching this, wanting a Mega Lucario only to discover it's literally impossible in the most recent games. Unless BDSP is hiding something they're not telling us

D

Deleted member 384931

Imagine being a kid watching this, wanting a Mega Lucario only to discover it's literally impossible in the most recent games. Unless BDSP is hiding something they're not telling us
That sucks indeed, same with Z-moves

D

Deleted member 384931

It took hundreds of episodes, two generations of anime and the removal of Mega Evolution from the main series, but Ash finally has his own Mega! I wonder if this'll give Lucario enough of a power-up to dethrone Dragonite as Ash's most powerful Pokémon (hopefully without fodderizing Dragonite to make Lucario look more impressive).
Hmm good question

Status
Not open for further replies.