• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: PM2019 084 - The Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-SANtos

I just want to bring up something. Right now, many people are assuming BDSP won't have Megas. I think it's too soon for that because LGPE also didn't reveal Megas until its third or fourth trailer. In fact, if you look back, ORAS is the only game that ever revealed Megas from the get-go.

Why I'm bringing this up? Well, remember back in 2013 when they released Origin 10 days before XY, and it revealed Mega Charizard X? This episode comes out less than a month before BDSP.

What if this is another Mega Charizard X moment? Like, what if, instead of Mega Lucario, Lucario becomes Mega Lucario BS? Er... DP...? As in, what if Lucario is actually getting a new Mega Evolution and it is being revealed through the anime?
Charizard and Mewtwo already set the precedent for multiple Mega forms, and Lucario is bascally the Sinnoh equivalent of them.

ShadowForce720

The fact Game Freak stated that competitive online won't be a thing kind of implies they're in no rush to adapt MEs.
Considering that Let’s Go Pikachu & Eevee didn’t have a competitive online and yet still had Megas anyway. It means that BDSP not having a competitive online doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have Mega Evolutions in it.

D

Deleted member 384931

I guess they can do the same thing they did with Korrina for finding a Mega Stone:fight for it. Just like Korrinas Lucario did against Blaziken

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Considering that Let’s Go Pikachu & Eevee didn’t have a competitive online and yet still had Megas anyway. It means that BDSP not having a competitive online doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have Mega Evolutions in it.
Oh boy, 5 or 6 Megas. So much variety.

I mean, it's the same reason why Alolan variants got in.

However, GF would have already made a big deal about MEs, so it's unlikely that they're in.

STICKTOPIA

That's fair

We all know DP and SM were the best Teams anyways
Okay you have me lost with the DP team being the best. Exactly how were they the best? Staraptor and especially infernape were the only two that were actually good. After turtwig evolved into grotle, it only defeated Candice’s sneasel. I know it won twice against TR but any Pokémon can beat those losers. Buizel was good up to defeating fantina’s gengar. After that it went downhill. Gliscor barely had any battling experience. It’s a miracle that it defeated byron’s bastiodon but that was its only win until it came back for the league. Also it was disappointing that 2 fire fangs and a giga impact didn’t take out that scizor. Gible was caught late in the game so it only could do so much.
Ash’s Hoenn team was more balanced than this.

STICKTOPIA

I'd love this, an Ash solo episode
You know the wording of the summary makes it sound as if Go isn't going with Ash.
As much as I’d love an episode like that, I don’t think we’d be so lucky. I see the effort they make Goh being in every episode to the point where one episode was all him and no ash. I hope I’m wrong but journeys taught me to expect all disappointment.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
As much as I’d love an episode like that, I don’t think we’d be so lucky. I see the effort they make Goh being in every episode to the point where one episode was all him and no ash. I hope I’m wrong but journeys taught me to expect all disappointment.
Yeah, but it seems like this island is to people who want to get mega stones, Goh doesn't even have a mega ring or key stone, so he doesn't need to go

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Okay you have me lost with the DP team being the best. Exactly how were they the best? Staraptor and especially infernape were the only two that were actually good. After turtwig evolved into grotle, it only defeated Candice’s sneasel. I know it won twice against TR but any Pokémon can beat those losers. Buizel was good up to defeating fantina’s gengar. After that it went downhill. Gliscor barely had any battling experience. It’s a miracle that it defeated byron’s bastiodon but that was its only win until it came back for the league. Also it was disappointing that 2 fire fangs and a giga impact didn’t take out that scizor. Gible was caught late in the game so it only could do so much.
Personality wise I meant.

Thinking about it now, Hoenn wasn't bad in that department either.

I'd also put the OG team but I don't really remember much of them besides the Starters and Pikachu

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And also more boring :p
Look it isnt just the win loss ratios that makes us like DP team a lot, its the fact they really felt like a unit and family together and the fact each one individually did receive their focus, regardless of their battling outcomes. Ash would constantly train with them, make new moves and strategies with all of them and each and every mon had something going for them
Infernape I dont even need to mention
Starly and Staravia had a great personality and an epic ass evolution against Paul and Honchkrow
Gliscor had its arc as a timid gligar and evolving and then had its aerial training journey with the master, coming back to the league and showing its skills and had an amazing personality
Buizel went from Dawn to Ash and as a result Buizel and Ash worked on many strategies together including the iconic ice aqua jet, its performance against Crasher Wake and again, its personality <3
Gible while being a late capture still had its personality shining, had its Draco Meteor arc and was useful in the league regardless
Torterra is a weak link and criticised a lot but it still had a lot of focus as a Turtwig and Grotle, the whole energy ball shtick, dealing with low speed and rock climb, etc.
The DP team isnt perfect but it was an absolute unit with an amazing personality cast, great focus and performances and so many more strategies I didnt even mention. I think what helps it even better is the fact how good and smart of a trainer DP Ash was

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
And also more boring :p
Look it isnt just the win loss ratios that makes us like DP team a lot, its the fact they really felt like a unit and family together and the fact each one individually did receive their focus, regardless of their battling outcomes. Ash would constantly train with them, make new moves and strategies with all of them and each and every mon had something going for them
Infernape I dont even need to mention
Starly and Staravia had a great personality and an epic ass evolution against Paul and Honchkrow
Gliscor had its arc as a timid gligar and evolving and then had its aerial training journey with the master, coming back to the league and showing its skills and had an amazing personality
Buizel went from Dawn to Ash and as a result Buizel and Ash worked on many strategies together including the iconic ice aqua jet, its performance against Crasher Wake and again, its personality <3
Gible while being a late capture still had its personality shining, had its Draco Meteor arc and was useful in the league regardless
Torterra is a weak link and criticised a lot but it still had a lot of focus as a Turtwig and Grotle, the whole energy ball shtick, dealing with low speed and rock climb, etc.
The DP team isnt perfect but it was an absolute unit with an amazing personality cast, great focus and performances and so many more strategies I didnt even mention. I think what helps it even better is the fact how good and smart of a trainer DP Ash was
Absolutely agree on this just one thing i still think for Torterra Poor guy after fully evolved was not able to win any matches but in those matches he had performed really well .If he ever comes back for any battle in this series i hope he has learned new move and must have replaced his rock climb move

ImBeVillain

No more six members
If Goh's not on the island with Ash it's an automatic skip
What do you expect from the episode focusing on Ash. You can skip this episode yourself, but we won't.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I just want to bring up something. Right now, many people are assuming BDSP won't have Megas. I think it's too soon for that because LGPE also didn't reveal Megas until its third or fourth trailer. In fact, if you look back, ORAS is the only game that ever revealed Megas from the get-go.

Why I'm bringing this up? Well, remember back in 2013 when they released Origin 10 days before XY, and it revealed Mega Charizard X? This episode comes out less than a month before BDSP.

What if this is another Mega Charizard X moment? Like, what if, instead of Mega Lucario, Lucario becomes Mega Lucario BS? Er... DP...? As in, what if Lucario is actually getting a new Mega Evolution and it is being revealed through the anime?
Charizard and Mewtwo already set the precedent for multiple Mega forms, and Lucario is bascally the Sinnoh equivalent of them.
Splendid idea

Status
Not open for further replies.