• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 22nd: XY093 - Double Battle at the Anistar Gym! Olympia's Future Sight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Team Rocket don't always rely on their Pokémon to get what they want. They may use a new Mecha to create problems for Ash and his friends. In AG they seriously interrupted Ash's gym battle against Liza and Tate by destroying the gym's roof and making off with Solrock and Lunatone in a giant Robot - We might see something similar happen here.

Even in the event that they use a mecha to interrupt the Gym match, I hope Olympia gets rid of them herself with her psychic powers as a way of bolstering her own hype. Ash can have a seat.

dman_dustin

I like gym evolutions cuz they make Ash's win more realistic.

I partially Agree.

People think too much of the game, and how Pokemon only evolve AFTER battle. As a game limitation it's not even remotely realistic. Pokemon evolving out of high stress battle situations, makes it far more realistic.

That said, I slightly disagree about the "wins are more realistic" while logically that would be true, I have to question if you think "non evolved Pokemon" winning gym are unrealistic. If you just meant that it would be more realistic for Ash to win, if his Pokemon evolved, then yes that would be true, because logically that would make sense. So long as you didn't think Frogadier alone couldn't beat Olympia's Pokemon.

One last thing.

Evolution does not guarantee victory, while you can argue evolutions may have won Ash the match, I'm pretty sure very few have done by sheer brute strength, always having an addition to their moveset making it for different strategies/tactics.

It's hard for me think of any Pokemon that Ash had that evolved, and DID NOT learn a move DURING an "official" battle and won by sheer brute strength.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Team Rocket don't always rely on their Pokémon to get what they want. They may use a new Mecha to create problems for Ash and his friends. In AG they seriously interrupted Ash's gym battle against Liza and Tate by destroying the gym's roof and making off with Solrock and Lunatone in a giant Robot - We might see something similar happen here.

But if there was a confrontation, they would immediately call out there pokemon. So either they are back to doing missions again and won't actually interact with the cast or they are gonna be disposed of pretty quickly.

Pikachu52

But if there was a confrontation, they would immediately call out there pokemon. So either they are back to doing missions again and won't actually interact with the cast or they are gonna be disposed of pretty quickly.

Not necessarily. In the episode I mentioned there was a confrontation between Ash and Team Rocket and Team Rocket did not call out their Pokémon (at the time Serviper and Cacnea). If they attack Ash and his friends in a giant robot or Mecha then they don't need to use their Pokémon - There are many examples of this happening. Usually the sequence of events is they show up in the machine, steal either Pikachu, all of the gangs Pokémon or the feature Pokémon for that episode, Ash and his friends try to destroy the machine and fail, Then they find a way to destroy the machine and send Team Rocket blasting off.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not necessarily. In the episode I mentioned there was a confrontation between Ash and Team Rocket and Team Rocket did not call out their Pokémon (at the time Serviper and Cacnea). If they attack Ash and his friends in a giant robot or Mecha then they don't need to use their Pokémon - There are many examples of this happening. Usually the sequence of events is they show up in the machine, steal either Pikachu, all of the gangs Pokémon or the feature Pokémon for that episode, Ash and his friends try to destroy the machine and fail, Then they find a way to destroy the machine and send Team Rocket blasting off.

Yes but that doesn't make sense in a gym battle episode. They aren't gonna devote half the episode to TR's BS.

Pikachu52

Yes but that doesn't make sense in a gym battle episode. They aren't gonna devote half the episode to TR's BS.

That did happen in a gym battle episode. When Ash battled Liza and Tate Team Rocket broke into the gym in a mecha and stole Solrock and Lunatone.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Preview
- Olympia's Meowstic use Future Sight.
- Ash's Frogadier and Talonflame dodge Olympia's Meowstic's attacks.
- Pikachu twitches his tail.
- Talonflame uses Flame Charge and Frogadier uses Aerial Ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRYQnxvPoqY

phanpycross

God-king
For a short moment there it almost looked like pikachu was in the battle lol.

This looks to be one of the best gyms of XY, althrough weirdly, I dont the animation looks as good as XY91.

Galvantula1992

I'm officially hyped for this gym battle now! Just a shame that it doesn't seem Frogadier evolved here...

nuzamaki90

Did anyone else catch Pikachu wagging its tail? I think Ash's new idea from the summary is to use Pikachu as a count for Future Sight so he knows when it hits

Status
Not open for further replies.