• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 23rd: PM2019 042 - Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What if I told you there's more to Kanto than Vermilion or Alola than Melemele?
Shut the front door.
Ash and Goh most likely playing player and Hop and meeting the doggos.
Weeell, Goh sort of has the same skin color as Hop. Hmm...
The change of scenery is appreciated. Considering that the playable character and Hop visit the Slumbering Weald early in the games, I want to believe that Hop will make an appearance here, although it's probably unlikely since he hasn't been foreshadowed in any of the recent previews or posters.
He's been Hau'd. Hau was entirely absent during the Necrozma arc despite every island seeing the chaos.

Ultra Beast Lover

Though to be fair, they probably thought the negative reaction to what was left of XY&Z meant "huh, people must hate villain plots", because it seems a lot of people were (tragically) too busy raging about Ash losing the Kalos League than talking about the Flare Arc.

Sometimes I even wonder if people rage quit before XY131 was even finished :'(
If they misinterpreted that than that's kinda on them. The smart choice would be, since the league distracted from the Flare Arc, then next time the villain plot will be way before the league.

Besides, I don't think it's that. Like I said, there's four different stories in the SWSH games that they have to adapt in some way. Even if they avoid the postgame story there's still the Isle of Armor and the Crowned Tundra.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If Goh is going catch any new Galar Pokemon during the Sword & Shield arc it probably in this episode.

nuzamaki90

So curious about this episode because the summary says Ash and Go split up with Leon and Sonia respectively, so will they both meet the wolves at the same time or in separate instances?

Also it’ll feel so strange if they go through Postwick and don’t at least pass by Hop. It seems so odd to leave him out of this mini arc.

Red and Blue

Go should definitely catch a Wooloo. It should have happened much earlier tbh
So curious about this episode because the summary says Ash and Go split up with Leon and Sonia respectively, so will they both meet the wolves at the same time or in separate instances?

Also it’ll feel so strange if they go through Postwick and don’t at least pass by Hop. It seems so odd to leave him out of this mini arc.
If they don't run into Hop it could be because he is already on his own journey. Possibly in other regions while competing in the PWC

nuzamaki90

What about Victor and/or Gloria? They live in Postwick too.
The MCs rarely ever appear if they aren’t on the main cast, especially the males. Hell even in Twilight Wings they only got a small cameo at the very end of the last episode.

Hop is way more likely but it’ll be strange if he doesn’t show up at all

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The MCs rarely ever appear if they aren’t on the main cast, especially the males. Hell even in Twilight Wings they only got a small cameo at the very end of the last episode.

Hey, no fair comparing a totally different series with this one. That was just coincidence.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Well what purpose does he even serve? He doesn't stand a chance against Ash at all and Goh already took the hero status from him, probably the same ending too with staying as Cerise's assistant

Hopp is just a rehash of Hau anyways

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
People who say Hop is a rehash of Hau clearly dont pay attention to the games dialouges lol
He had an entire arc about him that actually made sense for once and was done well
Hop >>>>>>>> Hau

Anyway, I expect this to be similar to the slumbering weald prologue from the games, fingers crossed that grookey is in the weald
Plus hop has a legendary.Hau's development was something I was looking forward to while playing s&m but nothing happened sadly.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I never understood Hop hate. He is a little basic, but he has more development than most other rivals and actually has a team that constantly changes, which is also much more fun than fighting the almost exact same team every time.
You mean that he replaced Pokemon? Or that his Pokemon evolved?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So why are we comparing Hop and Hau again? Cause the two can't really be compared despite strong similarities. And Hop is likely going to get the Hau treatment since well... Rivals haven't really been good in the anime since like DP with Paul and the Gladion-Ash rivalry was mixed. Could've potentially gotten a good one with Hugh but it was never meant to be.

nuzamaki90

Well what purpose does he even serve? He doesn't stand a chance against Ash at all and Goh already took the hero status from him, probably the same ending too with staying as Cerise's assistant

Hopp is just a rehash of Hau anyways
Lol Hop and Hau aren’t similar in any way besides being rivals to the MC and being “friendly”. Hop is insanely cocky and Hau is way too carefree. If you played the games you know they are near completely different characters.

and being Leon’s younger brother and the dynamics that come with it are reasons enough of why he should appear. Hop shares the same goal as everyone else in the competition, and he has even more of a reason because he’s related to the Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.