• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 23rd: PM2019 042 - Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Go visit the Galar region and are on their way to see Professor Magnolia, the leading authority on Daimax research, when they encounter a mysterious Pokémon in a misty forest.

-------

One night Satoshi spots the "Daimax Band" he got from Dande, the strongest Pokémon Trainer in the Galar region, suddenly starting to glow on its own. Meanwhile, the Galar region has been experiencing a phenomenon where Pokémon are Daimaxing in places where it's normally impossible for them to do so. To solve the Daimax mystery, Satoshi and Go decided to visit the Galar region and see Professor Magnolia, the leading authority on Daimax research, but on their way there the duo got separated while in a forest shrouded in thick mist, where they encountered some mysterious Pokémon.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

--------

https://i.imgur.com/nAalrOO.jpg

Now that the Pokémon anime is moving to the golden time on the golden day...
IT BREAKS INTO ITS POCKET MONSTERS SWORD & SHIELD CHAPTER!!
Satoshi and Go have gone to the Galar region! Their biggest adventure ever, which is centered around Daimax, now begins!!

ON OCTOBER 23RD, IT'S OFF TO THE ONE AND ONLY... "SLUMBERING WEALD"!!
The "Slumbering Weald", where the beginning of the adventure in "Pokémon Sword/Shield" takes place, appears!... does that mean Satoshi and Go will meet a certain duo of legendary Pokémon?!

*Two mysterious Pokémon appear in a forest shrouded in thick mist. Could they be...?!
*Satoshi and Go have gotten separated from each other in the forest. Oh no!
*Sonia, Professor Magnolia's granddaughter AND assistant, appears as well!
*There's hints of a scheme in Rose and the others' tale?!
*The battles between the Kyodaimaxed Pokémon is a must see as well!

ZAMAZENTA (HERO OF MANY BATTLES)
A legendary Pokémon that can absorb metal that it then uses in battle!

ZACIAN (HERO OF MANY BATTLES)
Look at the gallant figure of this Pokémon, which is known as a legendary hero!

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Hopefully this arc will lift up standards of this series which is otherwise quite low!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hopefully this arc will lift up standards of this series which is otherwise quite low!
This arc is basically a movie turned into an episodic tale that unfortunately removed a lot of setup - done from the source material - with extremely vague setups that lasted about a sixth of a minute at worst, 2 minutes at best.

We're surely not even touching Rose's good publicity but skip straight ahead to his evil-looking plot to his incarceration before Ash even gets owned by Kabu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The change of scenery is appreciated. Considering that the playable character and Hop visit the Slumbering Weald early in the games, I want to believe that Hop will make an appearance here, although it's probably unlikely since he hasn't been foreshadowed in any of the recent previews or posters.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash and Goh most likely playing player and Hop and meeting the doggos.

Ultra Beast Lover

Is Ash going to hear Zacian and Zamazenta? I hope so because so far that and Chloe's arc have been the most interesting parts of this series. Though I suspect it'll end the same as the games. Go and Ash go into the forest, after a lot of traveling they end up in a fog where they see the legendary wolves. Ash and Go try to fight them off but their bodies are mere projections so they just eat the attacks.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Oh boy it sure does feel great to be a Grookey fan! Look at how we're over 40 episodes in and already into the Darkest Day storyline yet still no sign of it anywhere in sight! :rolleyes: *sarcasm*

The change of scenery is appreciated. Considering that the playable character and Hop visit the Slumbering Weald early in the games, I want to believe that Hop will make an appearance here, although it's probably unlikely since he hasn't been foreshadowed in any of the recent previews or posters.
Hop's definitely going to get the Hau treatment. The anime stopped giving af about in-game rivals after Gen 5

Last edited:

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Finally! They're in other location of Galar that is not the same city where the battles against Leon happen (I haven't played the games so I don't know the name)!
I bet Go will catch a Wooloo here, and maybe a Gossifleur.

Ultra Beast Lover

Remember how fun the build up to Team Galactic was and how, despite knowing what was obviously going to happen, it was still fun and usually consistently good? Yeah, I thought that was dumb to. The only reasoning I can think of for why it's like this right now is because technically SWSH has four storylines going. Maybe we'll get adaptations of the other three stories.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
There's a reason why this series is called "Pocket Monster" only without a subtitle: it's so that it can do any and all types of stories as the staff pleases. That it should be expected to repeat the capitalism-based duties of previous series despite an active effort not to do so as precisely is ridiculous. Doing a Sword & Shield arc during the second year--as opposed to the first--is not some big failure, it's a featured baked into the series from its inception.

There's a reason why this series is called "Pocket Monster" only without a subtitle: it's so that it can do any and all types of stories as the staff pleases. That it should be expected to repeat the capitalism-based duties of previous series despite an active effort not to do so as precisely is ridiculous. Doing a Sword & Shield arc during the second year--as opposed to the first--is not some big failure, it's a featured baked into the series from its inception.

lol wat

the staff can do as they want obviously, but that doesn't mean what they're doing is good

not sure Pokemon is the place for Marxist critiques either lmao

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Apparently the people who work on this series didn’t learn anything form the team flare arc on how to build up a arc.

Though to be fair, they probably thought the negative reaction to what was left of XY&Z meant "huh, people must hate villain plots", because it seems a lot of people were (tragically) too busy raging about Ash losing the Kalos League than talking about the Flare Arc.

Sometimes I even wonder if people rage quit before XY131 was even finished :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.