• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayQuil95

Wasn't just the final move in Kukui's battle that looked far better than the "meh" stuff prior it, though.
Nah, the whole battle looked mostly good, one complaint I have with it though if that the battlefield didn't seem to have much relevance or depth at all throughout the battle, and is another grip of mine with Journeys, and something that I think out of all series, only XYZ, and some parts of DP managed to convey properly thanks to the strategies involving the fields.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Imagine:

Ash is struggling in the battle with beating a Pokémon of Leon. Then he hears familiar people cheering him on. He turns around and sees all his old friends and rivals sitting there. He gets a bit emotional. Leon finds it amusing and he gets the courage to keep on fighting.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Imagine:

Ash is struggling in the battle with beating a Pokémon of Leon. Then he hears familiar people cheering him on. He turns around and sees all his old friends and rivals sitting there. He gets a bit emotional. Leon finds it amusing and he gets the courage to keep on fighting.
And then once the battle is over the crowd and his friends start fading away with only him and Pikachu left and then the narrator tells him its finally time to wake up from his coma dream.
The only ending that makes sense nowadays Lol.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
And then once the battle is over the crowd and his friends start fading away with only him and Pikachu left and then the narrator tells him its finally time to wake up from his coma dream.
The only ending that makes sense nowadays Lol.
Even that is eh. The problem is if your protagonist becomes too OP, it gets boring. The fact that he barely lost a battle in XY,SM or JN says alot.

Rampardo

Staff list:

Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

Yikes.

Very happy that they are going all out animation wise. If there’s one battle where they had their best all hands on deck I’m glad it’s this one.
Sorry to break it for you but the animation director listed for this episode (Shinohara) is not a good sign when it comes to the overall animation quality of the episodes he directs. Commonly delivers underwhelming, jerky stuff, especially when it comes to battles.

If there is a 4th part then core staff wise the battle will be very similar to VS Kukui with Shinohara being in charge of the 2nd ep and Iwane of the 3rd and some freelancers probably going off for the final (we have to see Yusuke Oshida somewhere). Toshihito Hirooka could be a good sign for the first episode, that guy is a super rare so at least he should have had the time to go all out (not that he's ever been the craziest sakuga wise but his art is very polished, fits the companion/rival appearances).
When Hirooka was a regular in DP his episodes were consistently the third best looking after Iwane and Tamagawa's work. So I can confidently say that part one should look pretty good - not up to Iwane's level, but still better than average.

I also agree that this animation staff listing makes all the sense in the world as long as there is a part 4 where Oshida and friends can be unleashed.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I think this episode could be similar to ash vs paul SL which was a 3 parter, in the second episode paul was toying with ash for most of the episode when drapion took out half of his team, we could see ash making a comeback in last parts of episode making third episode a close match.

nuzamaki90

Yikes.

Sorry to break it for you but the animation director listed for this episode (Shinohara) is not a good sign when it comes to the overall animation quality of the episodes he directs. Commonly delivers underwhelming, jerky stuff, especially when it comes to battles.
huh? Shinohara has done great work for the anime. Lillie & Gladion VS Totem Kommo-o is one of his best works. Iris VS Cynthia especially was a great watch.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
huh? Shinohara has done great work for the anime. Lillie & Gladion VS Totem Kommo-o is one of his best works. Iris VS Cynthia especially was a great watch.
Iris vs Cynthia was pretty stiff tbh, tho it had good direction by JN standards. Plus with how things are going, we shouldn't use past series to try to predict how things will go animation-wise

Status
Not open for further replies.