• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

October 28th: PM2019 130 - The Finals II: Toying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

It was called "Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!", and did indeed conclude that rivalry.

Sure. But the idea that they didn't know exactly what they were doing throwing around the word "conclusion" is a little naive imo.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
This magazine always just has short summaries like these.

(not entirely happy with the translation of the title, tbh. The original Japanese is 翻弄, which has the dictionary definition of "play around with as much as you want, lead by the nose". Absolutely open for better suggestions)
How about Tormenting or Taunting?

Akashin

How about Tormenting or Taunting?
Ehh, Toying is probably the best word for it. Dominating could be a (very non-literal) decent substitute, maybe... but neither of those really capture what toying with someone means, which is what the title is going for.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Ehh, Toying is probably the best word for it. Dominating could be a (very non-literal) decent substitute, maybe... but neither of those really capture what toying with someone means, which is what the title is going for.
Toying implies that Leon will have some strategy that'll be hard for Ash to get past. If it was dominating, then that would imply Ash is getting wrecked.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'd rather they finish up the battle in this episode. At this point, whether Ash loses or wins hardly matters, although him winning is going to be a unbelievable.. But anyways, he has already won a league and he has beat two champions, if he loses to Leon I could see them setting up the SV anime with that based on what we know about the SV story so far.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Well at least it seems like they’re not doing something like alternate between the finals and PM , which would kill the momentum.
So what? Gou gets offscreened lol? That would be very weird.
I'd rather they finish up the battle in this episode. At this point, whether Ash loses or wins hardly matters, although him winning is going to be a unbelievable..
I mean I don't see Ash winning,but they don't need to stretch it. Heck, I can see Ash not beating more than 3 Pokemon of Leon lol.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Apologies, I meant in my opinion: after what Leon did to Diantha, I refuse to believe Ash could beat Leon in a full battle. Yes I am going there once again.

And yet Alain's Chesnaught was able to outlast that thing on the G-max time limit and then Alain soloed it with his Zard after it had boosts.

Just because Diantha didn't have a good way of stopping it doesn't mean Ash doesn't.

And no Goodra doesn't count because for some reason the anime staff no matter the season hates that thing, i've never seen one treated right.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
This magazine always just has short summaries like these.

(not entirely happy with the translation of the title, tbh. The original Japanese is 翻弄, which has the dictionary definition of "play around with as much as you want, lead by the nose". Absolutely open for better suggestions)

Might be a bit of a stretch but maybe 'gaiety'?

I wonder if this is going to be Ash vs Cynthia 2.0 but worse…
Title seems to suggest that Leon is demolishing Ash even though I think that’s not happening. Maybe Ash gets two KOs in a row here.

ShadowForce720

Yup, Ash is losing. Asking this question now instead of a third episode means Leon crushes him.
Not really, plus may I remind you that some people specifically were trying to argue the same thing about Ash vs Cynthia and yet Ash wound up turning the battle around and winning.

Also it’s just a very short summary, so it doesn’t confirm whether this is the final episode of the battle or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.